Tax cheats at best.

I wonder what the consumer blow back will be if any.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    08-26-14 04:03 PM
    Tax cheats at best.

I wonder what the consumer blow back will be if any.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    I won't be boycotting them. Why don't you pay 40% of your income and see how well you do. More taxes = less money to pay employees and to invest in growth.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed and bb_uzer like this.
    08-26-14 04:15 PM
    I won't be boycotting them. Why don't you pay 40% of your income and see how well you do. More taxes = less money to pay employees and to invest in growth.

Posted via CB10
    That's why Apple rocks! Innovation and royalties just for keeping your mouth shut y'all!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    08-26-14 04:38 PM
    BKC will continue to pay all of our federal, state and local U.S. taxes.
    Very craftily worded. Of course they will pay taxes, the problem that people have is that they did this inversion deal to lower the taxes they'll have to pay.
    08-26-14 05:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    So few people really understand that! Of course, they want higher pay though.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    donmateo likes this.
    08-26-14 05:22 PM
    Lower the taxes and the corporations are going to put that money saved towards paying and hiring its bottom rung employees, and not moving it to tax havens. Yeppp, exactly like what happens. Trickle-down economics ftw.
    08-26-14 05:26 PM
    Lower the taxes and the corporations are going to put that money saved towards paying and hiring its bottom rung employees, and not moving it to tax havens. Yeppp, exactly like what happens. Trickle-down economics ftw.
    Oh so companies won't hire the best talent and pay them accordingly so that they can better compete? How can you then explain what BlackBerry has done with the talent it has hired recently? People are so economically illiterate!

donmateo likes this.
    08-26-14 06:24 PM

Might as well, become the 52nd state .....

Pfft.
    Just so I'm clear.....

Who's the 51st state? DC or Puerto Rico?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:30 PM
    I prefer McDonald's coffee anyway, TH coffee Always upsets my stomach.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:40 PM
    Oh so companies won't hire the best talent and pay them accordingly so that they can better compete? How can you then explain what BlackBerry has done with the talent it has hired recently? People are so economically illiterate!
    The "best talent" is only at the C-level? Why has CEO pay outpaced other employees' pay (including top earners') 296:1?

CEO Pay Far Outpacing Workers' Meager Gains | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community
    08-26-14 07:11 PM
    Won't do much for Tim Horton decline in Canada. Awful coffee awful sandwiches and donuts. They can't even get the bagel orders right half the time.
    And Canadians are proud of this monstrosity some consider a national treasure. BK can have it and run it into the ground for all I and many others care.

McDonald's coffee in every way is better. 20 cent or free coffee deals every couple of months. Much better coffee.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well apparently the effective tax rate for Burger King was 27.5% and Tim Hortons was 26.8% in 2013.

For the record, I paid higher tax rate than both of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:03 PM
    http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/ne...ate=2014-08-26
    Interesting analysis of the merger in the National Post.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:20 PM
    The "best talent" is only at the C-level? Why has CEO pay outpaced other employees' pay (including top earners') 296:1?

CEO Pay Far Outpacing Workers' Meager Gains | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community
    If something goes wrong at the company, the CEO falls first and may never be employed at any company at an appropriate position again. That's why. If you f**k up on the assembly line and screw up a part, you may or may not get fired, but if you do, you can go work anywhere else.

The number of people qualified to lead companies is considerably lower than that of assembly workers, store managers, etc. It's called supply and demand. Why are superstar athletes paid more than the water boy? Do you really need to ask that question?
    08-26-14 09:03 PM
    But he was one hell of a good hockey player and most Hortons around here are lined up.
    08-27-14 05:58 AM

So if I have the (money) capital to start a company why would I do so? What is my incentive to risk that capital? Is it to give people high paying jobs? Is it to better the community? Is it to pay as much taxes as possible to a possibly wasteful government? Is it to make more money ( I know that's a totally evil reason) ?

Would I not be better off and take much less risk if I just park it in a very low risk vehicle? If I did that, few if any jobs are created, taxes paid or communities bettered.

If I see a need which if filled would improve quality of life, create jobs, create more tax payers ( and not takers) and therefore better communities and make me more money What is the reward for that risk?

donmateo likes this.
    08-27-14 12:31 PM
    Nothing against Canada here but Tim Hortons coffee in the states here is pretty bad. Donuts were good. I'm not a big fan of dunkin donuts either but there coffee is say better.

Posted via CB10
    You're right man. I've had tims in both the states and Canada, and it's much better in Canada

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:34 PM
    You're right man. I've had tims in both the states and Canada, and it's much better in Canada

Posted via CB10
    Not by much. Some local gas station self serve coffee is better than Tim Horton coffee.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:39 PM
    I was somewhat alarmed when I first came across this news, but after finding out some more details it makes sense.

Tim Horton's was actually owned by Wendy's for over a decade (1995-2006), and was finally spun back off as an independent company when Wendy's came to the realization that they had no clue how to run a coffee shop. They tried goofy stuff like stores that functioned as Timmies in the morning and Wendy's the rest of the day.

Since being spun back off, Timmies has actually shown themselves to be aggressively innovative, doing stuff like publishing their own NFC payment app. The stores have gone through two reno cycles since '06 and they look fabulous now. They were even savvy enough to include stuff like really good WiFi that doesn't need to be logged into every time and USB charging ports at many tables.

I think BK is pursuing this deal, in part, because they want that culture of innovation. This really is more of merger than a takeover, since it's forming a whole new company.
    RafiqK likes this.
    08-27-14 01:47 PM
    Tims needs to install giant catapults in their drive thrus to launch cars that order food into orbit. That, or learn how to make food orders faster.
    I never see a car sitting at McDonald's for 5 minutes waiting and holding up the line. At Tims? All the time.
    08-27-14 02:25 PM
    So who determines what their share of taxes is? What is a fair share?

I hope if they do buy it that that they don't screw it up. Hearing you Canadians talk about Tim Horton's is funny.

Fair share is the same percentage of their income as I pay in taxes. If I pay 15-20% on my income - so should they.

And whoever said they pay 40% is mistaken. All kinds of loopholes that brings their tax liability down to a % below what I pay I guarantee it.

BK= tax dodging *** clowns

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:45 PM

So if I have the (money) capital to start a company why would I do so? What is my incentive to risk that capital? Is it to give people high paying jobs? Is it to better the community? Is it to pay as much taxes as possible to a possibly wasteful government? Is it to make more money ( I know that's a totally evil reason) ?

Would I not be better off and take much less risk if I just park it in a very low risk vehicle? If I did that, few if any jobs are created, taxes paid or communities bettered.

If I see a need which if filled would improve quality of life, create jobs, create more tax payers ( and not takers) and therefore better communities and make me more money What is the reward for that risk?

Except it has been proven time and time again that wealthy CEO's don't jack up their employee's wages or build community centers. They buy a 3rd Vermont home.

If what you said was true than CEO's wages wouldn't have exploded while middle class wages have stagnated.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-27-14 02:48 PM
47 12