Hi,

So I am building a new PC today with a budget of $1500/�900/1650CAD.

Right now I am over budget (To be exact at $2210/�1291/2371.60CAD) but hey I can push the budget that much and should be fine... But my list at the moment is!

Building a new PC today...-new-pc-build-.png

Anyone else have any opinions?
    07-13-14 08:06 AM
    Looks like a solid system.

I build my own as well. Would you consider . . .

Perhaps go with 2x8 GB RAM and save 2 slots for expansion of additional RAM

2 @ 1TB HDD seem small. Why not try 1 SSD for system and one 2 to 3TB for storage?
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-13-14 08:25 AM
    Looks like a solid system.

I build my own as well. Would you consider . . .

Perhaps go with 2x8 GB RAM and save 2 slots for expansion of additional RAM

2 @ 1TB HDD seem small. Why not try 1 SSD for system and one 2 to 3TB for storage?
    The RAM will stay at 16GB I'm afraid... I do alot of gaming so it helps a lot!

Yeah I was thinking about the SSD too but it would cost too much for me, I have a spare Crucial 240GB SSD lying around and I could always use that as cache or system drive. Matters if I still want to stick to RAID 0's with mechanical drives...

I'm also thinking to wait till Dec.. nVidias new cards will be out too! 880 GTX looks amazing in specs according to leaks...
    07-13-14 08:30 AM
    Buy a good closed circuit(pre-charged) liquid cooling system like the Corsair hydro series. Ive got this one and it performs beautifully.
    Make sure it'll fit in your case though, some cases do not support this product.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...7&Sku=C13-2110
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-13-14 08:52 AM
    Buy a good closed circuit(pre-charged) liquid cooling system like the Corsair hydro series. Ive got this one and it performs beautifully.
    Make sure it'll fit in your case though, some cases do not support this product.

Buy the Corsair Hydro Series H110 Liquid Cooler at TigerDirect.ca
    I was thinking the h100.. Thats out of my budget...
    07-13-14 08:59 AM
    Spring for the HAF 932. It's a monster sized case. No cooling problems whatsoever.

And 16GB? What game could possibly use that much? 8 is a very safe number, and will save you a few bucks.

Also, grab a $10 solid heat sink. I can't remember the brand I got, but it was quite simple, but large. Dropped my CPU temps about 15?C vs the stock.

Posted via CB10
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-13-14 09:03 AM
    Spring for the HAF 932. It's a monster sized case. No cooling problems whatsoever.

And 16GB? What game could possibly use that much? 8 is a very safe number, and will save you a few bucks.

Also, grab a $10 solid heat sink. I can't remember the brand I got, but it was quite simple, but large. Dropped my CPU temps about 15?C vs the stock.

Posted via CB10
    I currently have the HAF 932 and yes its massive and a monster... :| I multitask a lot... So it comes in handy I guess. I'm thinking the Corsair H100 is a good choice.
    07-13-14 09:38 AM
    Get 2 840 Evo SSD and set them up in a stripe Raid configuration

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:57 AM
    Hi,

Right now I am over budget (To be exact at $2210/�1291/2371.60CAD) but hey I can push the budget that much and should be fine... But my list at the moment is!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New PC BUILD!.PNG 
Views:	682 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	284711

I'm not sure where you are sourcing this setup from but I do the same setup and come in at $1544.94 US (�902.60).
    Go to Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More! and select the country at the top of the web page.
    07-13-14 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure where you are sourcing this setup from but I do the same setup and come in at $1544.94 US (�902.60).
    Go to Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More! and select the country at the top of the web page.
    Last time I checked NewEgg don't allow the sale of very expensive graphics card through them... :\ Checked the 780Ti's... And just the card even when I found a alternative Gigabyte one was �500 by itself :|

Edit: I tried ordering some of the things I need and it worked out with OverClockers.co.uk about �30 cheaper...
    07-13-14 11:17 AM
    Hi,

Name:	New PC BUILD!.PNG 
Views:	682 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	284711

Someone better at managing budgets perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 12:06 PM
    Someone better at managing budgets perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    Ageed, but still need a better opinion than that.
    07-13-14 04:42 PM
    Ageed, but still need a better opinion than that.
    Join the dark side.

Building a new PC today...-darksidebuild.png
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-13-14 05:02 PM
    Join the dark side.

Name:	darksidebuild.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	284824
    Or I could just wait it out till DDR4? Bloomfield and all that new stuff... nVidia is putting out the Maxwell powered GTX 880.

Intel has always been me... Since the 386, tried the Athlon back in the Pentium III days and hated it. AMD's are cheaper an a alternative but they never appealed to me.

AMD and NVidia on the other hand is also been a choice I've done before. Between the ATi Radeon 9200 and the nVidia FX 5200 which was an epic fail because the 5200 was an amazing card at the time.

I'm staying with the Rebel Alliance until then I guess!
    07-13-14 06:03 PM
    Or I could just wait it out till DDR4? Bloomfield and all that new stuff... nVidia is putting out the Maxwell powered GTX 880.

Intel has always been me... Since the 386, tried the Athlon back in the Pentium III days and hated it. AMD's are cheaper an a alternative but they never appealed to me.

AMD and NVidia on the other hand is also been a choice I've done before. Between the ATi Radeon 9200 and the nVidia FX 5200 which was an epic fail because the 5200 was an amazing card at the time.

I'm staying with the Rebel Alliance until then I guess!
    That could be a good idea, 2014 is kind of blah for new desktop CPUs. Broadwell/Haswell-E should result in a new socket for the usual (lack of) reasons, and a AMD FX update is still in question.

Anyway, here's some pointers:
    • Stay away from Seagate drives
    • Bundle whatever you can
    • Try to get a SSD (Corsairs are good)
    • At this price range 600-650W should do it, any more is overkill
    • For cooling, get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (plus an extra fan for push/pull) or one of those Corsair loops (depending on budget)
    07-13-14 06:24 PM
    That could be a good idea, 2014 is kind of blah for new desktop CPUs. Broadwell/Haswell-E should result in a new socket for the usual (lack of) reasons, and a AMD FX update is still in question.

Anyway, here's some pointers:
    • Stay away from Seagate drives
    • Bundle whatever you can
    • Try to get a SSD (Corsairs are good)
    • At this price range 600-650W should do it, any more is overkill
    • For cooling, get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (plus an extra fan for push/pull) or one of those Corsair loops (depending on budget)
    So go for westerns? Bundles are more expensive on overclockers for some ******** reason -_- they include mugs hats and shirts with the mobos LOL. Yeah I was thinking 650-700w would be more than enough, or I could go overkill for 1000w because with them if your using 40% or less power it's silent cause fan doesn't spin Are them corsair loops good? I've never tried them... they scare me lol

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 07:21 AM
    So go for westerns? Bundles are more expensive on overclockers for some ******** reason -_- they include mugs hats and shirts with the mobos LOL. Yeah I was thinking 650-700w would be more than enough, or I could go overkill for 1000w because with them if your using 40% or less power it's silent cause fan doesn't spin Are them corsair loops good? I've never tried them... they scare me lol

Posted via CB10
    Corsair loops do require quite a bit more clearance than a usual fan, but the results are pretty good. Or, you could go with the best air cooler in the world, the Hyper 212 EVO (which is what I've got). Just make sure to get a second fan for push/pull.

Nobody seems to have good history with Seagate drives (myself included), so the only other realistic option is a WD drive. But if you could find a cheap Hitachi/HGST drive, use that. Rock solid.

A Corsair RM650 should be good if you really want to keep things quiet without splurging on an AX series.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:02 AM
    Corsair loops do require quite a bit more clearance than a usual fan, but the results are pretty good. Or, you could go with the best air cooler in the world, the Hyper 212 EVO (which is what I've got). Just make sure to get a second fan for push/pull.

Nobody seems to have good history with Seagate drives (myself included), so the only other realistic option is a WD drive. But if you could find a cheap Hitachi/HGST drive, use that. Rock solid.

A Corsair RM650 should be good if you really want to keep things quiet without splurging on an AX series.

Posted via CB10
    What processor are u running? What temps you getting?

I have Seagates now.... I had a WD Green before and they suck! Going black next time! Hitachi's remind me of the DeathStars they did.

Might go AX750.. Just incase I go SLi! :O

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 08:23 PM
    What processor are u running? What temps you getting?

I have Seagates now.... I had a WD Green before and they suck! Going black next time! Hitachi's remind me of the DeathStars they did.

Might go AX750.. Just incase I go SLi! :O

Posted via CB10
    32C with some load right about now, AMD FX-8350, stock clocks. Hyper 212+ (the older model, slightly worse than the EVO) with another Cooler Master fan in push/pull.

On the contrary, my Hitachi drives are more or less bulletproof. The oldest one has power on hours of 603 days with not a single bad/reallocated sector. Compare that to the Seagate Barracuda I had that started racking up reallocated sectors within a month. Or the WD Caviar Black that lasted a little longer but just died while I stepped out one night.
    07-14-14 08:45 PM
    32C with some load right about now, AMD FX-8350, stock clocks. Hyper 212+ (the older model, slightly worse than the EVO) with another Cooler Master fan in push/pull.

On the contrary, my Hitachi drives are more or less bulletproof. The oldest one has power on hours of 603 days with not a single bad/reallocated sector. Compare that to the Seagate Barracuda I had that started racking up reallocated sectors within a month. Or the WD Caviar Black that lasted a little longer but just died while I stepped out one night.
    I'm on stock fan's and I'm near 40-50oC and no load... LOL But I'm running a i7 2600 at 3.8Ghz constantly...

And my Seagates are in RAID0... imagine the faith I put into them! Maybe I should just stick to SSD's..

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:39 PM