A Bryant teacher accused of having sex with a student will soon be charged with sexual assault. The ninth grade English teacher is accused of having sex with a boy, who is now seventeen. Police say the boy claims that he and the teacher had sex as recently as June of this year.

31-year-old Courtney Speer is expected to be charged tomorrow with having sex with one of her students on more than one occasion.

"I knew the teacher personally so you know it's kind of shocking because she was a sweet lady I just didn't expect that to come from her," said Karley Arterburn, a former Bryant High School student. "Everybody liked her because she was a cool teacher," she said.

But even though students knew about Speer they were still shocked to hear the news.

"I'm kind of shocked. It's kind of crazy to know that it can happen in your own school," said Morgan Ross, also a graduate of Bryant High School.

Speer is accused of having sex with a 17-year-old boy at least six times. The first time was in the school parking lot when he was in the ninth grade.
    10-03-12 08:49 AM
    I found a tape of the police reaction.....

10-03-12 10:38 AM
    I'm not sure whether I'm more disgusted with all the recent incidents like this, or that I'm not still in high school.
    10-03-12 05:49 PM