what is supposed to happen when you get the bomb?
    09-12-08 12:30 PM
    1,000,000!!! Over 1,000,000! Incredible!
    09-14-08 03:00 PM
    i just got my pearl a week ago and when i have any free time at all i am playing! lose all the time but i am determined to not give up!!
    09-17-08 04:11 PM
    I got so addicted to the game I was neglecting my job. I was on such a roll that I didn't want to put it down, I got my score to 1.4 million and then the game stopped working. I would hit a brick and then the Try again screen would appear. I wouldn't loose any lives, just have to start again.

I go so upset that I couldn't beat the high score and I haven�t played it again since
    And we need to know this why?
    09-30-08 10:30 AM
    I got so addicted to the game I was neglecting my job. I was on such a roll that I didn't want to put it down, I got my score to 1.4 million and then the game stopped working. I would hit a brick and then the Try again screen would appear. I wouldn't loose any lives, just have to start again.

I go so upset that I couldn't beat the high score and I haven�t played it again since
    I'm currently at 1,024,375 points and counting, with 186 lives.

My company switched out my BB four times because they keep giving us dinosaurs that eventually crash. With my latest one, I was stuck at Level 16 with 31,660 points for a long time, after lapping the levels (up to Level 34) three times on my old one.

Somehow, I just started getting stronger and stronger in the force, up to the point I'm at now. I honestly believe that I'm unstoppable at this rate (unless I accidentally click 'Close' or 'New Game' instead of 'Hide' or 'Resume', respectively.

I checked the high scores (while playing on the toilet) and THE top score is well over 6 million points. So naturally, my goal is to not rest until I reach the Y2K-ish 9,999,999 points, beyond which I don't think my outdated BB will be able to show the numbers (which is already happening). Either way, my quoted score is posted, for verification.

I'll reconvene with you all once I've become the Jedi Grand Master. I've got to take this guy off the throne. (Pun intended).
    10-07-08 03:02 PM
    My personal best is 19,175. Here's my problem, I'm on a hot game right now, something like level 24, 15,690 points and 12 lives! I'm stuck in a box in a pattern that won't break out. Any suggestions???
    I call it a "holding pattern". You can pause, send yourself a quick e-mail from the BB and switch back to the game before you receive the e-mail. When it goes through, the slight disruption will break up the "holding pattern", but you have to be ready for a quick change in the ball's trajectory. Or if you're patient enough, you can wait it out until the pattern changes on it's own.
    10-08-08 10:11 AM
    I'm playing brick breaker now and current score is: 1049430 with 318 lives. It's getting to the point where it's tedious. And only on certain levels do I lose a live here and there.... LOL but yet I still play ha
    10-08-08 07:40 PM
    How does asad97 only have 83 lives at 1.1 million? I'm at 695,500 with 184 lives and since I cleared the second go around I play semi-consciously at night and periodically through the day...i have been playing this wonderful foolishness for a year and have only gotten past the second series twice (the first time the phone rest and i lost it all at 800k with around 200 lives)...i restrained myself from launching my phone out the window and vowed to never play again...that didn't last long...
    10-09-08 05:45 PM
    LOL...I've done my best brick breaking on the john! I was frustrated when I finally got past 10,000 points and 10 lives when I routinely would get to 25,000 and 18 lives only to lose them all quickly (my high score was 30,500).

But I was on the john the day I finally got through Round 2, Level 34! Now I'm closing in on 700,000 points and I have 333 lives through 41 rounds. My goal is 2 million points and 500 lives before the game craps out (drop it, crash or resets).

Keep up the great work fellow addicts...
    10-09-08 09:59 PM
    My highest score in the 3 weeks I've been playing is about 4000 or so. I get to level 7 and then I die. I'm getting better though.
    10-10-08 11:38 AM
    I'm currently at 1,184,380 points with 237 lives, since my last post. I really try to stay away, but it's damned near impossible.

I notice that if I sequester myself in the the Men's Room for half hour intervals during the day, I advance steadily while accumulating significantly more lives.

When I can't fall asleep at night and play a few rounds, I still advance but lose an embarrasing amount of lives. It's obvious, but I play even when the conditions are not optimal - like on the subway on the way to work. I seriously need help.
    10-14-08 02:57 PM
    Hi. I am a 51 year old mother of three grown kids. I work full time as a professional fundraiser and am really busy. However, it has not stopped me from finding every spare moment I have playing brickbreaker. About a month ago, I played a game and got up to 857,000 points with about 247 lives. I thought that was GREAT until my game disappeared and left me very upset. I vowed to not play again only to be so addicted I figured I would give it one more try.
    While listening to the sermon last week, and playing "undercover", I began a game that I thought would go no where. Sure enough, it didnt stop. I was thrilled.
    I play at stop lights, in the bathroom, while grocery shopping and various other places. I knew I was addicted but figured its such a harmless addiction and I wasnt hurting anyone.
    Well, this current game got so out of hand I was up to 1,897,420 points with 776 lives. Great uh? I was excited also. UNTIL I LOST THE FRICKING GAME AGAIN!!! I called blackberry and they informed me that "yeah, they are aware of a glitch in the system and good luck with your next game."
    I AM PISSED!! I was sure I was on my way to beating if not exceeding the highest score of 6,000,000 points. I was going to be world champion.
    Now I am very depressed and my eldest daughter thinks I should go into rehab.
    I don't drink, smoke or play around. It was my only addiction since I recently lost 15 pounds ( who had time to eat when you have a game to play?) and so it was my last addiction.
    I was told to play brickbreaker on the computer and not on the blackberry because the glitch is only on the blackberry.
    Ok, I might try on the computer but what about my spare time while im driving and walking to my car, and waiting for someone to return my call, etc.
    I dont like this feeling, but I really like the excitement of racking up all those points and lives.
    Ill keep you posted. I might just have to giv eit one more try.
    10-20-08 08:42 PM
    I have a good problem?

I am at 210,000 pts with 63 lives left and it seems to be getting easier!!! Will the game ever speed up and get harder? I can see myself playing this same game 5 years from now!!!

If you got 1.4M pts, when did it start getting faster / harder?
    10-23-08 03:09 PM
    how do you get so many lives?
    can you save ammo to use in later levels?
    I play for hours and finally get to level 15 where you have a wall of bricks around the stuff and there's no way to break them! That's why I wonder if I can save guns for levels like that. HELP!
    10-25-08 05:02 PM
    It's been great reading about people's experiences with and addictions to Brickbreaker!

My highest score was 9000-something for a while, and I couldn't break 10,000.
    I finally hit 10150 and was stuck at that score for months.

I despaired of ever getting higher, but then a simple trip on the subway inspired me.

The girl next to me was playing Brickbreaker, and her score was about 300,000-something, and she had 144 lives.
    My frickin' jaw dropped.
    I had no idea that such figures could be obtained. How the f*ck did she do that?

So today, I had plenty of time on my hands, and a fierce determination.
    I realized that I'd better have as many lives as possible for the infernal "U".

I got on a roll, and completed all 34 levels! I made it as far as 5 levels beyond that before crapping out. My final high score as of today is...(drumroll, please)...16,960!

The one interesting thing I discovered is that once you get past level 18 or so, it gets easier, oddly enough. The tough nuts are actually in the beginning.

The only advice I can give anyone is to keep playing, concentrate, keep rackin' up those lives, and use the laser as frequently as you can get it.
    Laser rules! As does Gun, to blast away those steel bricks.
    I LOOOVE me some laser.
    Gun is limited, as you only have three arrows, and you have to use them right away or lose them, but I also LOOOVE blasting those pesky steel bricks out of the way.

Flip and Wrap totally suck!
    11-09-08 12:47 AM
    I just spent a good month and a half playing Brickbreaker during my down time to find my high score deleted because my phone shut down while i was playing the game. I was at 793,000 points with 63 lives and no possible way of losing the game ever. Now I can't even submit the high score that I had. So I basically wasted a month of my life playing a game with no gratification in the end. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    11-13-08 01:13 PM
    I want to know how people get these 300,000 -750,000 point scores???? I've been playing Brickbreaker non stop for 6 months, the highest level I've gotten to is 29, and my highest score to date is 15,790. Level 16 is enough to p i s s off the Pope! Flip and wrap can bite me, and I swear the game cheats. The ball will sometimes go in between bricks, or between a brick and the edge. WTF???
    Ok, really now...how do you people rack up these ridiculously high scores and high life counts? The highest my lives have gotten to is 16.
    Fess up, already. Some of us are about to max out on our Klonopin and be checked into the psych ward. Again. did I say that out loud?
    11-16-08 03:51 AM
    Level 16 can suck a richard. I've gone into it with 18 lives (pure luck) and gone out a loser. Past that it gets rolling but I'm with Kat in that I've given it my all and never topped past 15K. It's like Free Bird on Expert on Guitar Hero...so frustrating I just quit trying.
    11-16-08 03:53 AM
    Level 16 can suck a richard. I've gone into it with 18 lives (pure luck) and gone out a loser. Past that it gets rolling but I'm with Kat in that I've given it my all and never topped past 15K. It's like Free Bird on Expert on Guitar Hero...so frustrating I just quit trying.
    Dude, don't even get me started on Guitar Hero.
    11-16-08 04:03 AM
    Ahhhh, Brickbreaker. These scores in the millions blow my mind. I've made it to 11 so far. Why don't the weapons survive to the next round ... or even past the next weapon??? And I hate Flip and Multi!! Catch is cool, as is Laser and Bomb and Gun.

I've spent more time with Sudoku, though. And a Tetris clone. But I play them all on the toilet. And at my dinner break at work. And when riding around town with my boyfriend. And while settling in for bed. Maybe that's why my eyes have been hurting so much lately ...
    11-19-08 02:49 AM
    My current score is 836000 with 218 lives.. There's basically no way for me to lose the game at this point, so really, what do I do? How is it that peoples games are crashing and/or glitching? I definitely don't want to lose the points so I'm a little worried. I don't know at what point I should just lose all my lives and submit my score? Also, will an OS upgrade erase my score? Any help would be appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 02:38 AM
    ok yeah i wanna know whats up with the ball disappearing into the wall of the game!! I've attempted beating my high score (32,790 im proud)twice today and both times after making it past level 34 and back around a good 10 levels my ball disappears forever!! its super frustrating!! does anyone one know of anyways to possibly use the rest of your lives after this happens? i hate to start over from the beginning. Its a pain in the a**!!!!!!!
    HEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!
    12-02-08 04:48 PM
    I want to know how people get these 300,000 -750,000 point scores???? I've been playing Brickbreaker non stop for 6 months, the highest level I've gotten to is 29, and my highest score to date is 15,790. Level 16 is enough to p i s s off the Pope! Flip and wrap can bite me, and I swear the game cheats. The ball will sometimes go in between bricks, or between a brick and the edge. WTF???
    Ok, really now...how do you people rack up these ridiculously high scores and high life counts? The highest my lives have gotten to is 16.
    Fess up, already. Some of us are about to max out on our Klonopin and be checked into the psych ward. Again. did I say that out loud?
    The key is to collect as many lives as you can before you get to level 16 and above... once you hit level 34 it starts at level 1 again, so it gets easier to get lives, and roll through levels. My best high score is around 220,000 right now... I haven't spent a lot of time on it, but it almost gets annoying at how easy it is... once I got to 200,000 i have to admit that I just started trying to lose so that my high score would be saved (had an issue when I got to about 150K and had to pull the battery).
    12-04-08 01:20 PM
    I'm at 10,170. . had a killer of a time on lvl 16. Haven't played in a while because it is as you say. . addicting.
    12-04-08 07:02 PM
    People are correct when they say that the game becomes easier. It's an exponential thing. After beating level 34, you begin at level 1 again. After two go-arounds, the lives just stack up and you only burn them on a couple of the difficult levels. My high score is a modest 26320. I've made it through 34 levels and then up to level 16 for the second time. I wasn't able to accumulate lives the way some other people have.

A couple of basic tips to earn more points--even if you're not setting records...

Prioritize which bubbles you capture and when you capture them. I know some people say to get all of them, but point-wise, if you have 3 gun fires remaining and you get 50 points for each brick you hit (150 total), why would you capture a Catch bubble for just 50 points?

Also, if you have the laser, I'd would never recommend capturing a bubble unless it's a life. The laser doubles the point value for each brick (10 points per single laser x 2 laser fires to denigrate a brick). Basically, you get 20 points for every brick hit, rather than 10. I often purposely direct the ball away from bricks so I can hit them with the laser.

Use those two tricks and you'll immediately have higher scores.
    12-06-08 05:44 PM
168 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD