So the time is soon approaching where RIM will have filled its possible 4-digit model numbers.

From a business perspective, the symbolic nature of such an event lends itself to a significant rebranding of phone models, if not a landmark product launch on the whole. While overall users have grown, RIM has been leaking market share for some time now. This event provides the company with an excellent opportunity to inject some life into the brand via a face lift. I enjoy the look and feel of the phones, however the overall application functionality has not allowed the phone to realize the potential of its market, or tap into the ever-increasing array of consumer & business applications. Considering that in tandem with android's rising market share, it seems prudent for RIM to find a way to "change the game".

Has there been any news or rumors to this effect, or does the user community here have any thoughts on the matter?
    05-09-11 07:26 PM
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. I have no idea what they will now call them. But it may be perfect timing since their QNX "superphones" are supposed to be the next line of phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 07:46 PM
    theres plenty of numbers between 9901-9929 and 9931-9999. not to mention all the other 9xxx they could still use.
    05-10-11 12:52 AM
    They should begin a new 1xxx series with the first QNX phones,there is no need to keep going with 9xxx series. Perhaps actally names as opposed to numbers, ie. "Liquid Snake" as opposed to "Liquid Snake 1000"

Ps. What kind of names do you guys think they might come up with?
    05-10-11 10:46 AM
    We heard a long time ago from Kevin that the branding numbers aren't so much an important factor as they used to be. I think after the 9900 and the current roadmap devices, we'll see devices that are featuring just names, with numbers going back to the 1xxx or 2xxx line, for carrier/support reference purposes, more than consumer-facing branding.
    05-11-11 10:03 PM
    Roman numerals ftw!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD