I used to love google but I am not interested in google deciding who has freedom to innovate and what sites are allowed a premium download speed. In short I think google is evil and I am tired of their need for control. I will be using bing or yahoo to search. I am eliminating google maps and going back to blackberry maps. I will consider windows 7, BB or Apple for a phone but android is out. I will not enter into a contract with Verizon either. I just wanted to say I will not support or provide information to google again. I don't trust them and I don't respect them.
    08-13-10 12:23 AM
    whoopee frickin' doo

1. boycotts are childish, mob-mentality BS.
    2. do what YOU want to do. don't expect others to follow you
    3. see item #1
    08-13-10 12:27 AM
    Nice. You are a credit to society. I'll look for you cowering in the corner.
    08-13-10 12:32 AM
    lol

Long live google. Have fun using BB maps 2003 UI

Maybe you should have elaborated on "google decides who has the freedom to innovate" I find this statement completely.. Untrue..
    08-13-10 12:33 AM
    I think boycotts are effective. It's just the market at work, baby. And it's not always about money either. For example, I myself prefer to pay more and do business with someone I like than pay less (for the same product) and do business with someone I don't like. But before I go changing my home pages tomorrow, I'd like to understand more of what you're talking about. What exactly are your complaints about Google?
    08-13-10 12:39 AM
    I'll elaborate spiral, the current plan presented by google and verizon would actually maintain the rights to innovation to google and verizon which is to say that smaller start ups would not have the right to do so in the new tiered and structured internet configuration. It's a fun read. Literally not allowing innovation that is not driven or endorsed by said companies. Go read it and then speak once you have educated yourself.
    08-13-10 12:40 AM
    Sorry, it just makes me mad. Y'all should read it though. It is beyond crazy but if we don't care...it has legs. Sorry spiral, I wasn't trying to be a **** it just makes me mad.
    08-13-10 12:43 AM
    Nice. You are a credit to society. I'll look for you cowering in the corner.
    You win my award for the most random "comeback" of the day. where shall I send your plaque?
    08-13-10 12:43 AM
    "the new tiered and structured internet configuration"

I remember reading something about this. I'm opposed to it and hope the "market" will correct this nonsense.
    08-13-10 12:45 AM
    I'll elaborate spiral, the current plan presented by google and verizon would actually maintain the rights to innovation to google and verizon which is to say that smaller start ups would not have the right to do so in the new tiered and structured internet configuration. It's a fun read. Literally not allowing innovation that is not driven or endorsed by said companies. Go read it and then speak once you have educated yourself.
    Ummm. Link?

If this doesn't directly affect me, I could not care less..
    08-13-10 12:46 AM
    Fair enough dave, hopefully doing things as an individual will work out.
    08-13-10 12:47 AM
    Get your own link. Good luck with your head in the sand approach. I said it, you live with it. If you don't care then enjoy your new internet.
    08-13-10 12:56 AM
    LOL, I tried to use Bing once! I also tried to use BB Maps once. Actually, I think I tried it twice just to see if it would work the second time...lol!

Good luck with those two!
    08-13-10 01:06 AM
    Just changed my home page/preferred search engine to yahoo.
    08-13-10 01:10 AM
    I did too Tonis. Best of luck to the gang. I know google is loving your awareness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 01:16 AM
    Well don't get me stared on the illuminate.

08-13-10 01:43 AM
    Google owns tons of ****, you just cannot escape it's addictiveness. lol

08-13-10 01:51 AM
    You know what's funny about this Apple told everyone a while back, well Steve told his employees that the whole google is about open this and that was total BS, and all the fanboys came running calling Jobs a nazi. Google is only about total openess whn I suits them.I'm opposed to this as well its wrong. If your so open google why are you doing this?

08-13-10 01:57 AM
    all i can say is.....

08-13-10 02:04 AM
    It's just a matter of time.

08-13-10 06:54 AM
    Sorry, have I missed something? Does this mean that if I use Google to search for something the internet will be switched off?
    08-13-10 07:46 AM
    No DPSydBerry. It means you will be using the product of a company that is lobbying to own the internet and the rights to future advances in similar technology.

08-13-10 07:57 AM
    I love google, bottom line Google and Android is here to stay.

I'm not boycotting them...

1) Immature, and OLD fashioned. What is this 1963 and we'll have a sit in regarding this
    2) Google can do w/o your money
    3) to bad we cannot boycott stupidity, and their loyal minions of followers.
    08-13-10 08:03 AM
    I wouldn't ask you to do anything you didn't want to do. To suggest I am stupid seems extreme as does suggesting a boycott is immaturte and old fashioned. Aren't you the guy who thought 886 of every 1000 phones sold was an android phone?

08-13-10 08:08 AM
    I wouldn't ask you to do anything you didn't want to do. To suggest I am stupid seems extreme as does suggesting a boycott is immaturte and old fashioned. Aren't you the guy who thought 886 of every 1000 phones sold was an android phone?

people like twisting words, i'm not that ignorant to think that Android is that heavily flooded in the market.

This whole battle over net neutrality is stupidity. I've been reading about the battle going on via Google and Verzion. Which i think it's funny you don't ask to boycott Verzion, Comcast, ATT or any other provider out there that has done similar things.

the idea of net neutrality is based on ISP, governments, on content, sites, platforms, w/ no restrictions imposed. and if i pay x amount dollars, and another use of x amount should have the same speeds and access.

I don't see that being a problem.

google and verzion are proving why it is needed in today's market share. And i see the FCC siding with idea of net neutrality .

people are having a Chicken Little syndrome and thinking the end of the interwebs is in sight when it's not .

I don't/didn't see people calling out of a ban/boycott of Comcast some 5-6 years ago when the same thing happened with them.

And what about ATT banning VoIP programs on their 3G network, showing that corporate America only cares about making money. Why should we allow voice over Data when we can force/make the use their minuets....

IF this did anything it made Google and Verzion bring out the fact of why it is needed. And by judging by the past FFC and court rulings, they'll see it's needed.
    Last edited by mjneid; 08-13-10 at 08:29 AM.
    08-13-10 08:25 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD