Does anyone know anything about cell phone docking at home? I've read a little bit about it, and I already got rid of my landline. I'm hoping folks out there have tried this and can recommend it, or have advice as to what I should stay away from it. Thanks!
    01-20-10 09:28 AM
    01-21-10 12:09 AM
    Yeah. Have you tried it? Or has anyone tried anything like it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 07:34 AM
    A couple months ago I bought the vtech DS6321-3 for our home phone. It has the ability to pair 2 cell phones via bluetooth and works great. Upon coming into range, it automatically pairs. Now I can leave my cell phone in one of the few areas in our home that I get a good signal. I can receive and place calls from the vtech thru my cell phone. You can also download your contacts on your cell to the vtech. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well it works. It was $99 at Costco and comes with 3 handsets.
    01-21-10 11:11 AM
    No landline required Gregski?
    01-21-10 11:31 AM
    It is made to be a landline with the addition of bluetooth pairing, but I will check it with the landline unplugged when I get home and let you know.
    01-21-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks. I'm interested because I also don't get great reception in certain parts of my house.
    01-21-10 12:19 PM
    Thanks. I'm interested because I also don't get great reception in certain parts of my house.
    I feel your pain. I can get 3-4 bars in one spot, move 6 feet and lose signal all together. I guess that's part of the sacrifice for living away from the big city.
    01-21-10 01:04 PM
    I've installed a few of these for my clients and have been very happy with the results.

Wi-Ex :: YX510

It's a cellular signal booster that takes the signal from outside and boosts power throughout your house. We usually see inside signals go from 1 or 2 bars to 3-5, with download speeds usually up by about 100%-300%. It's especially good for the fringe locations.
    01-21-10 01:11 PM
    Little pricey for me Trucky.

Actually WAY too expensive.
    01-21-10 02:17 PM
    If you're out at the end of the line, and have no other options.... it's really kinda cheap. You can find em about $289.00.
    01-21-10 02:21 PM
    Well I live in downtown Jackson MS, I think it's just my house. My signal is fine outside and it's really not too bad inside, just not perfect in spots.

The signal problem doesn't justify a booster, I'm more interested in leaving my phone in one room but being able to answer it in other rooms.

And I wish I had $289 but that kinda money is rare in my wallet. I'm poor as h3ll.
    01-21-10 02:24 PM
    I hear ya, but the Bluetooth option is limited in the same ways... the range is short and walls will block the signal. But if you have a decent static location and are wired for phones, it could be an alternative.
    01-21-10 02:28 PM
    It is made to be a landline with the addition of bluetooth pairing, but I will check it with the landline unplugged when I get home and let you know.
    Just tried it with the landline unplugged and worked great.
    01-21-10 06:52 PM
    Excellent, Thanks Gregski and Trucky.
    01-22-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD