I was just wondering, when you block someone on this site, why is it that they can still see one's posts? Shouldn't it work both ways? Do I have it wrong? I'd appreciate a pm if you have some feedback, thanks.
    03-13-10 12:56 AM
    1) You will see their posts if they are quoted by other users

2) Please get your sig down to 4 lines and one external link (pointing away from this
    site) to comply with our Terms of Service
    03-13-10 01:28 AM
    I guess I didn't know you could do that. Presumably it isn't for your privacy from a given person but rather so you don't have to see what they are posting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 01:29 AM
    I can relate to having CB stalkers and haters on here.

But don't take anything to personal, it'll only motivate cornholes even more.

Trust me.
    03-13-10 10:47 AM
    You got to be kidding me? there is a compliance on signatures? What about all these people with pointless threads about growing garbanzo beans? There is actually a thread like on that the social threads. No compliance for those? As I indicated on my pm, please link me the terms of service for signatures please.

1) You will see their posts if they are quoted by other users

2) Please get your sig down to 4 lines and one external link (pointing away from this
    site) to comply with our Terms of Service
    03-13-10 03:17 PM
    Well apparently it's there, I feel like I just got pulled over by a cop and given a non-deserving ticket. Should I be tattle tale now and point to every signature violation I encounter?

CB Posting Rules

"Signatures are allowed, and may contain up to one external hyperlink (points to a webpage outside of CrackBerry.com), but should not be excessive in length nor contain any promotional text (enticing users to click). Traffic leaching will not be tolerated. Additional signature links are acceptable, so long as they point to pages within the CrackBerry.com site (favorite how to article, forum rules, etc.). Signatures should be small and tasteful and take up 1 - 4 lines max (including spaces) in the default font size (size 2 - nothing larger will be acceptable) (the last thing we want is to look at a forum thread and see 15 big signatures that take up all of the screen real estate). Signatures may also not contain any donation links or similar links. Moderators will determine what is acceptable or not."

Why blocked people can still see what I post though?
    03-13-10 03:43 PM
    The TOS is sticky at the top of the forum for Pete sakes!

As far as putting someone on your ignore list, it works one way only. Why would it work both ways? You choose not to look at their posts.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-13-10 08:58 PM
    Ideally it would so good to have an ignore/block feature such as the one on Facebook or yahoo messenger where people can't see you ever when they go into the black hole of being blocked. Some people can't figure out how to change their pin from the profile, that's for Pete Sake's moment!
    03-14-10 12:03 AM
    Ok I am confused (nothing new). But obviously you don't want someone reading what you are posting. My advice to you is go in hiding for awhile. I for one hate to loose a CB member, but what is the point if you are looking over your shoulder. You can go into lurking mode and just don't post.

If you can't pull yourself away from the wonderful threads on here, just continue to do what you do, and ignore anyone lurking you. Hey you can have fun with this with a little imagination.
    03-14-10 12:14 AM
    Just have them delete your current account and start a new one. Don't include your pin in there or any other similar information since that'll identify you as the same person you are now.

03-14-10 10:21 AM
    Just have them delete your current account and start a new one. Don't include your pin in there or any other similar information since that'll identify you as the same person you are now.

They can't delete the account, but if you request the administrator they can disable the password so the account cannot be accessed anymore. Then start a new one as my bud Sandy recommended.
    03-14-10 10:42 AM
    They can't delete the account, but if you request the administrator they can disable the password so the account cannot be accessed anymore. Then start a new one as my bud Sandy recommended.
    Yikes, I'd have figured they'd be able to delete them also. I think I had the option on a couple different ones I was admin at for a bit. Maybe just different software or different policy I guess.

03-14-10 10:46 AM
    It's a matter of it effecting all the posts associated with the members post. CB likes things to remain fluid on the site.
    03-14-10 10:49 AM
    in my case they'd not have to worry, I'm just the comic relief. LoL

03-14-10 11:03 AM
    Bah! You're much more than that Sandy. But that is one of your strong suits.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-14-10 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD