My blackberry met the toilet tonight.
    They didn't get along.

No more blackberry for me as of right now.
    11-20-08 01:40 AM
    Awwww, sorry to hear that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 01:45 AM
    I hope it doesn't mean what i think it means.
    11-20-08 07:59 AM
    Oh no.....

11-20-08 08:43 AM
    My son dropped my old Pearl in the toilet once. I couldn't bring myself to put it up to my ear after that.
    11-20-08 11:28 AM
    If someone's on the phone enough; especially when their phone is a leash away from work...this is bound to happen. I dropped my work-issued 8800 in the sink while I was shaving once. I don't like wearing BT headsets; which probably could have avoided this...but my boss called one day while I was shaving; and in the process of fumbling the phone to answer in one hand, razor in the other...I dropped the BB in the sink full of water. The phone made this weird fizzing and hissing sound; there wasn't any smoke or anything...and then it deceased before my eyes. I wasn't sad though; well not until work gave me another one .

I tend to take a little better care for my personal phone (Curve) though .
    11-20-08 11:49 AM
    sorry to hear about your phone...are you eligible for an upgrade?? call tmo and see if they can do anything.
    11-20-08 12:54 PM
    Sorry to hear that, I had one of my treos do that. If you have insurance you might want to try to get a new one. I went to the busiest Sprint store near a mall in an upscale area where they had good customer service and they replaced it with a refurb no problems. It's worth a shot.
    11-20-08 02:41 PM
    I dropped my pearl in water and in my attempt to retrieve it in a panic I fumbled with it and dropped it *back* in the water. After quickly retrieving it again, I pulled the battery and laid it out in the summer sun. Then after the sun went down I used the wife's hair dryer. It recovered almost 100%. There are some spots on the screen only noticible on occasion. A big sigh of relief upon firing it back up. The best to you in replacing your BB.

11-20-08 09:35 PM
    I was out at a bar and I had it in my back pocket.
    I went into the bathroom and it fell out.
    Into clean water at least.
    I used the blow dryer and let it sit out overnight, but it still didn't work this morning.
    I called the insurance company and filed a claim, my new one will be sent to me tomorrow.
    Tonight I put the battery in, just to see... and it turned on.

So, now I'll have one new blackberry, and one newish blackberry that might not be working properly.

Right now I'm using some old Nokia, it feels so weird to text without a full keyboard.
    11-20-08 11:46 PM
    I cannot say it enough. This is why I never ever take my phone
    into any bathroom, near sinks, to the beach etc... Just a massive
    invitation for bad things to happen.
    11-21-08 12:16 AM
    Good old insurance!

11-21-08 01:31 AM
    I cannot say it enough. This is why I never ever take my phone
    into any bathroom, near sinks, to the beach etc... Just a massive
    invitation for bad things to happen.
    I had it in my back pocket, forgot it was there.
    Usually I have it in my bag, but I forgot the case at home and I didn't want it to get all banged up in my bag.

I'll take some scratches over a soggy phone any day.

Lesson learned.
    11-21-08 01:56 AM
    Agh that happened to me when I had my Razr. I put it in the oven on the lowest temp. And it worked! I killed my last phone by dropping it in vodka and orane juice. I wasn't able to revive it after that one.

11-21-08 11:36 AM
    It's meant to be crackberry, not cr*pberry. Keep it clean, folks.

11-21-08 11:52 AM
    So...
    Got my replacement.
    Out of curiosity, tried turning the old one on just to see if it would work, thinking it wouldn't
    The damn thing turned on.

Two curves here. Now I have a back up berry...
    At the rate I'm going, I'll need it.
    11-24-08 11:30 PM
    Lol having a back up is good I dropped my pearl and the track ball fell out so now the replacement doesn't work right lol ugh but ayleast your back up works lol

11-24-08 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD