I've noticed that e-mails sent from the Apple Mail client sometimes have weird formatting when viewed in Outlook or Evolution.

E-mails sent from Outlook look fine in Evolution and vice-versa.
    10-23-11 10:26 PM
    I think this has to be a poll instead of a regular thread

Windows 7 on home desktop, personal and company laptops
    Windows XP on company's desktop PC.

I might be wrong here, but when it comes for work, for me Mac is for people who deal with graphic design and animations.
    10-23-11 10:27 PM
    I don't think anyone was saying you can't get work done on a Mac. It's just that the majority of the business world is Windows based, and have programs developed for Windows. So naturally, Windows is the choice of OS for business use. Not to mention Windows computers are a lot cheaper than Macs with comparable specs (for the most part).
    If one uses a Mac for typical business use, he probably needs Microsoft Office anyway.

OpenOffice, LibreOffice, or NeoOffice are just not compatible enough for business use.
    10-23-11 10:28 PM
    I've noticed that e-mails sent from the Apple Mail client sometimes have weird formatting when viewed in Outlook or Evolution.

E-mails sent from Outlook look fine in Evolution and vice-versa.
    Not only formatting can be issues, but files sent with,
    One customer of mine let his son tell them the wonders of Mac and why the company should switch to Mac, and how great it was, Well Office 2011 wasn't out yet, and the sales person at the Mac Store was all about iWork(?)

This Customer was no longer able to open pricing files from many of us vendors who's computers output the pricing files into .xlsx since 2007.
    Lucky being savvy I converted my file into a PDF for him to view though it was cumbersome, some people just were not knowledgeable to help, and the Apple "geneius" insisted that iWork(?) was all anyone needed...

I know know when company announcements are being sent in Docx files I convert them to PDF for the Apple users, and the OpenOffice users so if they choose to print it will look good when going to their customers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-11 10:33 PM
    Linux here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup same here. Just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10. Love it. And I got Windows 7 on VM.
    10-23-11 10:33 PM
    Mac at home, Windows at work, 9900 and PlayBook when travelling.
    10-23-11 10:37 PM
    As my Vote was removed...

I use Windows.
    10-23-11 10:48 PM
    Windows 7 Home PC here.
    10-23-11 10:49 PM

I use Windows.
    The mods cleaned this one up fast.
    10-23-11 10:55 PM

I use Windows.
    I was wondering what was happening there; I hit reply and there was nothing to quote. Hopefully Win8 improves on Win7, a few of the blogs I've read aren't glowing as much as when Win8 made an appearance. I'm not beta-testing it this time around so I can't say aye or nay; I'm also not fully going to believe the hype, good or bad, on blogs until I can check it out myself.
    10-23-11 11:04 PM
    The mods cleaned this one up fast.
    ssshhhh it will probably happen again... this is no longer a safe place to talk... meet me by the...... ... .. .....
    10-23-11 11:04 PM
    I was wondering what was happening there; I hit reply and there was nothing to quote. Hopefully Win8 improves on Win7, a few of the blogs I've read aren't glowing as much as when Win8 made an appearance. I'm not beta-testing it this time around so I can't say aye or nay; I'm also not fully going to believe the hype, good or bad, on blogs until I can check it out myself.
    I'm running Windows 7 and Windows 8 on my Play laptop, and I have to say I HATE windows 8 currently, I very much like what Microsoft is trying to do with the underlying security of Windows 8, but the Metro UI is horrible for the desktop without a touchscreen, I need to give it a chance to get into Beta, and into RC1, but if I still don't like RC1 I suspect I wont be going after a New PC when Windows 8 launches at the OEM level.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-11 11:07 PM
    Windows except for my wife's POS Apple laptop from school
    10-23-11 11:13 PM
    Windows Vista on Desktop and Windows 7 on Laptop
    10-23-11 11:13 PM
    Windows 7... can't stand Apple ( yeah, I know I'm a hater)
    10-23-11 11:14 PM
    what? Linux isn't an option?
    10-23-11 11:16 PM
    I'm running Windows 7 and Windows 8 on my Play laptop, and I have to say I HATE windows 8 currently, I very much like what Microsoft is trying to do with the underlying security of Windows 8, but the Metro UI is horrible for the desktop without a touchscreen, I need to give it a chance to get into Beta, and into RC1, but if I still don't like RC1 I suspect I wont be going after a New PC when Windows 8 launches at the OEM level.
    I also dislike Windows 8 Developer. The Metro UI is more designed for tablets, not desktops.

I also will skip a new PC "designed for Windows 8" if the secure boot cannot be disabled. I like to dual boot Windows and Linux. If the option to dual boot and run an OS other than Windows 8 is removed, I will not upgrade.
    10-23-11 11:20 PM
    I also dislike Windows 8 Developer. The Metro UI is more designed for tablets, not desktops.

I also will skip a new PC "designed for Windows 8" if the secure boot cannot be disabled. I like to dual boot Windows and Linux. If the option to dual boot and run an OS other than Windows 8 is removed, I will not upgrade.
    I love the idea of the secure boot! finally Microsoft is pushing something that is very security focused to the consumer.

and I can NOT see any hardware manufacturer, nor OEM not making it possible to toggle between secured boot and non secured boot, for the simple fact that the calls they would get from the hobbyists would eat up any profits they could hope to make on hardware sales, it will be locked by default with a setting to remove I'm 99% sure of it
    10-23-11 11:27 PM
    I love the idea of the secure boot! finally Microsoft is pushing something that is very security focused to the consumer.

and I can NOT see any hardware manufacturer, nor OEM not making it possible to toggle between secured boot and non secured boot, for the simple fact that the calls they would get from the hobbyists would eat up any profits they could hope to make on hardware sales, it will be locked by default with a setting to remove I'm 99% sure of it
    I have no issue with secure boot either, as long as I have the option of disabling it.

It is a great feature for the average consumer, but not for someone like me who likes to run other OSes.
    10-23-11 11:31 PM
    That's what I keep reading about. Unity on Ubuntu (plus the added bloat) has promise, but ultimately drove me away. Oddly, I like Gnome 3 shell on Fedora though, which in my opinion would work just as well on a tablet. Plus, shell can be disabled to use a "traditional" desktop at login. Sadly, it looks horrible and conflicted with graphics whenever I tried it (or was defaulted to). If the option to give users control over the UI is removed in Win8 or doing so makes it run abysmally, I'll be skipping it as I did with Vista (never touched my machines). Can't get anything done if the UI isn't designed for getting things done.

what? Linux isn't an option?
    Might not have been a consideration due to not having BB software written for it. Yes, there's barry, but that's a bit advanced for novices. Plus, Linux in a corporate setting usually runs behind the scenes - server software and such. Also, the OP might not use Linux.
    10-23-11 11:35 PM
    That's what I keep reading about. Unity on Ubuntu (plus the added bloat) has promise, but ultimately drove me away. Oddly, I like Gnome 3 shell on Fedora though, which in my opinion would work just as well on a tablet. Plus, shell can be disabled to use a "traditional" desktop at login. Sadly, it looks horrible and conflicted with graphics whenever I tried it (or was defaulted to). If the option to give users control over the UI is removed in Win8 or doing so makes it run abysmally, I'll be skipping it as I did with Vista (never touched my machines). Can't get anything done if the UI isn't designed for getting things done..
    before Windows 7 hit the scene, I was very much a Yoper fan, with some unbuntu due to popularity flirtings, ( plus I liked Mythbuntu)

Though I never really Liked Gnome or KDE, when Xfce started to actually be usable that was my go to environment,
    10-23-11 11:41 PM

As long as they leave BIOS alone for those of us that like to build our own iBuilds, I'll be happy. If they make hardware UEFI "just in case" someone decides to install Win8 later I'm not going to be pleased.
    10-23-11 11:41 PM
    Windows 7 and Microsoft all the way.
    10-23-11 11:43 PM
    As long as they leave BIOS alone for those of us that like to build our own iBuilds, I'll be happy. If they make hardware UEFI "just in case" someone decides to install Win8 later I'm not going to be pleased.
    to be Windows 8 compliant and have sticker rights they have to enable it default, and make users turn it off.
    10-23-11 11:45 PM
    That's what I keep reading about. Unity on Ubuntu (plus the added bloat) has promise, but ultimately drove me away. Oddly, I like Gnome 3 shell on Fedora though, which in my opinion would work just as well on a tablet. Plus, shell can be disabled to use a "traditional" desktop at login. Sadly, it looks horrible and conflicted with graphics whenever I tried it (or was defaulted to). If the option to give users control over the UI is removed in Win8 or doing so makes it run abysmally, I'll be skipping it as I did with Vista (never touched my machines). Can't get anything done if the UI isn't designed for getting things done.
    I ditched Ubuntu and switched to Mint after they went with the Unity desktop.

I'm also running openSUSE 11.4 with GNOME 2.32.1. I'll try the Gnome 3 desktop in a few weeks when openSUSE 12.1 is official.

Might not have been a consideration due to not having BB software written for it. Yes, there's barry, but that's a bit advanced for novices. Plus, Linux in a corporate setting usually runs behind the scenes - server software and such. Also, the OP might not use Linux.
    I really would not be surprised if some folks are not aware of Linux. Unless one is a hobbyist, he probably does not experience Linux on a desktop. It is pretty much impossible to find desktops/laptops in big box stores that have Linux preinstalled. Typically, users need to download/install the distro of their choice or visit vendor websites to order computers with Linux preinstalled.

Linux servers are much more common, but the typical consumer would not be aware, even though the websites he visits probably use Linux servers, and there might even be Linux servers running at his workplace.
    10-23-11 11:49 PM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD