Does anybody here ever read the BlackBerry articles on Financial Post?

BlackBerry Ltd. | Financial Post

Almost all of them lately are getting bombarded by a small but consistent group of anti-BlackBerry users. These trolls are beyond obsessed. There's one in particular called "DEVVV" who apparently goes by the name David* on Seeking Alpha (according to references from other commenters). Also, another couple of imbeciles called W.A. Mozart and Question_the_Answers. These guys will always post inflammatory comments regarding any positive news on the company. Making negative comments and expressing your opinion is one thing, and I have nothing against that. But when all you can say is negative, and you never have anything good to say, that's another story.

To get a better understanding, just take a look at W.A. Mozart's Disqus page and read through a couple of pages of his/her comments:

https://disqus.com/by/disqus_Cq7jIkTuhA/

The guy by the name of DEVVV is always pointing out how Chen doesn't have any vision, and alleges that he's offered BlackBerry some revolutionary plan/device to turnaround their business, and seems to be very jaded over the fact that he was ignored. Ramblings of a madman, I don't know.

But the user comments on any Financial Post articles relating to BlackBerry are getting pretty bad, and any time they put a new article out these same users are always there posting and putting the company down.

I just don't get it. Where do people like this find the time to post so frequently and on every article. It makes you wonder if they are ex-employees or short traders who got burned badly. Or perhaps just never cared for the BlackBerry platform. But I find their constant drivel to be very mean spirited, and it just goes to show what sort of people are out there trying to damage BlackBerry's reputation. It goes beyond rational behavior, and it's making the Financial Post look bad as well IMHO.
    02-12-15 01:42 AM
    Some people just need to have an axe to grind to make them feel alive.
    02-12-15 07:58 AM
    He must be getting some kind off perverse pleasure out of it to be responding to these articles day in and day out.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2243 | Bell | via CB10
    02-12-15 08:08 AM
    Maybe paid by companies wanting to short BlackBerry shares?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-12-15 09:40 AM
    Maybe paid by companies wanting to short BlackBerry shares?
    I don't know, but that's one theory. These people seem extremely motivated, and it's as though they have a personal crusade to instill whenever possible the idea that BlackBerry isn't innovating, they have no market share, the company lacks vision, etc.

There are a lot of people out there who don't like Apple, but for them to constantly troll articles about Apple and always spread negative comments is another matter altogether (and a lot of work I imagine). Nobody's has enough time for that, unless you are making money for it or there is something wrong with you on a personal level.
    02-12-15 09:59 AM
    Some people just need to move out of their parents' basement and quit spending the entire day in their pajamas.
    02-12-15 10:18 AM
    these kind of people are the ones that have an idea and need to vent until they feel its the only idea people believe, also the same type of people existed when apple was down and out and even with them doing insanely well as they are keep spouting this kind of useless garbage lol.
    02-12-15 11:20 AM
    The guy by the name of DEVVV is always pointing out how Chen doesn't have any vision, and alleges that he's offered BlackBerry some revolutionary plan/device to turnaround their business, and seems to be very jaded over the fact that he was ignored. Ramblings of a madman, I don't know.
    Just for the record, I am not this DEVVV character, but I did offer up a "revolutionary plan". You can view it here if this kind of stuff interests you:

A Master Plan for Mr. Chen

However, I did it mostly for fun and I always expected to be ignored...

(Although I see that it has got over 60 views over the last couple of weeks. I wonder if he pinched it - LOL!)
    Last edited by Axacta; 02-12-15 at 11:58 AM.
    02-12-15 11:46 AM
    Another FP article about BlackBerry reducing Passport price by $125, and the bashers are out in force again. Close to 200 comments so far. Any BB supporters with a Disqus account, check it out.

BlackBerry Ltd temporarily slashes Passport smartphone price by $125 | Financial Post
    02-13-15 03:31 PM
    People will always have their opinions and the people who hear/read them have the choice of whether to acknowledge them or not. It's been that way since the beginning of time.
    02-13-15 08:34 PM
    Ha,ha

I've had many a "discussion "with those two.

Just there to bash BlackBerry without providing any real talk.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    02-13-15 08:51 PM
    You have to wonder how they could be available all the time to post on a newspaper forum.

Translation. No job. No life.

I'm amazed people still read comments on newspaper sites. I read the articles and that's it.

Trolls are everywhere...including CB.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-13-15 10:21 PM