My daughter Q10 is at the shop for repair, in the meantime she is using my niece spare Android, I think is Samsung,
    So she is taking pictures with this phone
    The other day she came to me and showed me a few snapshot, and she said "Look what I have been missing.. these are fantastic pics) .. regretful I admitted that were very nice shot, Way better than my Z10....
    She said " I don't want the BlackBerry anymore you can have it "

My Question to you is... is a camera quality enough to make you jump wagon?
    Like my daughter?
    Of course she doesn't care about security any more, but what works for her and regretfully I'm admitting that those pictures are Cristal clear / Crisp

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 07:52 PM
    Try a Priv

Posted via CB10
    TGIS likes this.
    04-29-16 08:54 PM
    I'm still good with my Z10, I'm not changing any time soon,
    But I could suggest that to my daughter

Thanks....anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 12:14 AM
    Try a Priv

Posted via CB10
    Priv is an EXCELLENT camera on a BlackBerry... But only an 'OK'ish camera on an Android...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-16 08:55 AM
    I'm all for promoting BlackBerry, that said.. let's be real, the kid would be better off with the android she is using.

I've seen the pictures from the newest of phones and they are amazing compared to my Passports camera quality, but the last thing I care about is the camera. I don't use it for anything useful, but the pictures I do take are just fine. I definitely wouldn't go to something else just because of the camera or another thing(?).

Posted via my Expired Passport
    05-11-16 03:10 AM
    My daughter Q10 is at the shop for repair, in the meantime she is using my niece spare Android, I think is Samsung,
    So she is taking pictures with this phone
    The other day she came to me and showed me a few snapshot, and she said "Look what I have been missing.. these are fantastic pics) .. regretful I admitted that were very nice shot, Way better than my Z10....
    She said " I don't want the BlackBerry anymore you can have it "

My Question to you is... is a camera quality enough to make you jump wagon?
    Like my daughter?
    Of course she doesn't care about security any more, but what works for her and regretfully I'm admitting that those pictures are Cristal clear / Crisp

Posted via CB10
    The truth is, like you said, no one really cares for security anymore. And wants what works for them. Camera should be great and so should the number of apps. That is where the technology is heading at the moment and that is how it is. For those of us who still value human interaction than the overdose of social apps, we belong at BlackBerry. For the rest - who want to show off that they have done this and visited that, they will probably move on to Android or iOS.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-11-16 03:17 AM
    Of course it's enough to switch, kids these days want to be able to facebook their mates and take selfies and snapchats

Non that you can do well of at all on a BB10 device now

I remember when I switched from my 41MP Nokia 808 PureView to a Z10, I was disgusted at the camera quality
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 05-11-16 at 10:30 AM.
    05-11-16 04:11 AM
    Just a longshot suggestion from left field, you might spend a few dollars and install Camera++ from BB World on to the Q10, and see if your daughter can live with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 07:01 AM
    Camera ++ is only a different application. The resolution, sensor and the aperture will remain the same.

I agree with Mr. Paul Wallace. Kids only want to use social apps. That is what they think helps them stay ahead of the game.

05-11-16 08:13 AM
    Camera ++ is only a different application. The resolution, sensor and the aperture will remain the same.

I agree with Mr. Paul Wallace. Kids only want to use social apps. That is what they think helps them stay ahead of the game.

A head of the game. the game being socially accepted. sometimes it's not about the camera, but what all the cool kids are using.
    05-11-16 08:53 AM
    I don't think that camera quality alone is a good reason to switch phones. If good pictures are what she wants, she could get a digital camera and keep a secure phone.
    05-15-16 09:52 AM
    I don't think that camera quality alone is a good reason to switch phones. If good pictures are what she wants, she could get a digital camera and keep a secure phone.
    It's the ability to easily post those pics on social media.
    john_v likes this.
    05-15-16 09:59 AM
    It's the ability to easily post those pics on social media.
    There are some digital cameras now that will post directly, and I'm sure more coming.
    And I'm sure that very soon someone will put out a camera that will allow you to make phone calls.
    That not sarcasm or irony, the difference is getting blurred now, in 10 years there will be no difference, and the camera companies are not about to just lose all that business.
    middbrew likes this.
    05-15-16 10:21 AM
    There are some digital cameras now that will post directly, and I'm sure more coming.
    And I'm sure that very soon someone will put out a camera that will allow you to make phone calls.
    That not sarcasm or irony, the difference is getting blurred now, in 10 years there will be no difference, and the camera companies are not about to just lose all that business.
    I thought that was already achieved a few years ago via the Nokia 808 Pureview.

*C5303
    05-15-16 10:49 AM
    Pretty close, just a bit ahead of its time.
    05-15-16 02:22 PM