Hey,

First off, I'm new to this site so my apologies if this is in the wrong area.

I'm facing a difficult decision weather to buy the Q5 or the Z10, I have mostly got my eyes on the Q5 because of the keyboard which is easy to type fast and which I am used. I want a few games and apps on them, but I also text and call a lot, hence why I like the keyboard on the Q5 as it is fast and easy. I take my phone to school so it needs to have at least enough battery life to last 6 hours and a half, texting and playing games at times. The thing which is pushing me away from the Z10 the most is that its been years since I've had a touchscreen, and I still wasn't used to it then, so I'm wondering if ill struggle to use it, I prefer the keyboard as I can type fast whereas the Z10 is all touch screen, is it easy to type on it? Has it got big enough keys? Bearing in mind I've not got the smallest of fingers haha. Also do they both get the same games on them?

What's better out of both of them and what's there advantages and disadvantages? And Which do you think would be best for me? And which one do you think is best out of them?

Thankyou!
    12-27-13 06:20 AM
    Get Q10!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:21 AM
    Z10 Seriously, the battery is fine. I used to be one of those "I hate touch screen typing people" now after having a Z10 I couldn't go back to a square screen.

Also you mentioned games, there are allot more games for the Z's than the Q's.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:24 AM
    Z10 is good but battery is not that good if u want battery Z30 is the only choice

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:30 AM
    The Q10 is far too expensive, and the Z10 I have seen in o2 stores but I cannot seem to find the Q5, does o2 not do the Q5? And I really havnt been able to get used to touchscreens to be honest, and a lot of the time at school I have my phone under the desk and don't look, would this be a bit hard with Z10?

Could you give me examples of what games you could find on both? Including ones that could be avaliable on the Z10 but not on Q5?

Also do you think the Q5 would get me through a 6 and a half hour school day? Of playing games and texting?

Many thanks!
    12-27-13 06:52 AM
    Z10 is good but battery is not that good if u want battery Z30 is the only choice

Posted via CB10
    I think the OP is trying to keep away from the higher price tags which is why he asked Q5 or Z10.

OP I think if you want some games go with the Z because it has a wider selection and the keyboard is pretty good on it! You also won't have to watch media on a small square with 2 huge horizontal black bars

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:57 AM
    I just bought my Bro a Z10 for xmas and it cost me 150 in carphone warehouse, unlocked. Couldn't believe how cheap it was! After playing around on it for a few days I'm very impressed. I've had Blackberries since before the iphone came out and no other phone types as well. The Z10 is easy to type on for a touchscreen. It inserts all the simple things you want without actually changing what your trying to type, pluse you can delete a whole word just by swiping back on the keyboard. The microphone works well to dictate what you want to type as well. Plus it suggests words to type as you type and you can just flick the word upwards if you want it.

I'm disappointed that Google maps isn't available without sideloading but other wise it's a really nice phone. Especially for that price!
    12-27-13 07:39 AM
    If you are planning to type under the desk, Q is the go. I have a Q10, and can type with one hand or both hands. Q5 would probably be even better for typing "blindfolded" under the desk because of the spacing between the keys vs the Q10, I imagine.

Games rock on the Z10, some things are just too small on the Qs. In Angry Birds Space I have to constantly zoom in and out on the Q, whereas on the Z it's a different story.

Hope that helps. Any BB10 phone is a good phone. IMHO.

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    12-27-13 08:34 AM
    Well the Z10 sounds pretty good too, I might see if I can have a go on one at the phone shops, but because I'm using it at school and need to type a message fast to avoid being caught I'm still thinking of Q5, I'm imagining myself being sat there for ages typing one message haha

Could anyone give me examples of what games you can get on Q5 in app world? And maybe on Z10 too? And can you get facebook games like Draw something? And can you get snapchat?

Sorry about all the questions but I want to make sure I buy the right one as I don't want to be wasting my money

Thanks a lot!
    12-27-13 09:42 AM
    Well the Z10 sounds pretty good too, I might see if I can have a go on one at the phone shops, but because I'm using it at school and need to type a message fast to avoid being caught I'm still thinking of Q5, I'm imagining myself being sat there for ages typing one message haha

Could anyone give me examples of what games you can get on Q5 in app world? And maybe on Z10 too? And can you get facebook games like Draw something? And can you get snapchat?

Sorry about all the questions but I want to make sure I buy the right one as I don't want to be wasting my money

Thanks a lot!
    Don't have a Q5 can't answer that one sorry.

Draw something/Facebook type games, they aren't in BlackBerry World but you can 'Sideload' the Andriod version of them and most work pretty good.

Same thing with snap chat but people are working on a 3rd party Snapchat that should be out in BlackBerry World pretty soon. 3rd party Instagram and Vine are coming too but you can just Sideload the Andriod version if you can't wait

P.s. If your not sure about side loading/how to do it, you should be able to find a thread on here that would explain it Allot better than I can. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 05:05 PM
    Z10 Seriously, the battery is fine.
    I totally agree with this one, specially the battery thing. My battery has been great, and can always last me through the day with moderate to heavy use.
    12-29-13 04:52 AM