So I've come to the conclusion that the reason why my my experience with Blackberry phones have been so horrific is that well, I'm just too damn popular. I have too many friends and coworkers that text/call/email me every single day. Over the years, this is what the people at the Sprint store have told me... what customer representatives on the phone have told me... it's what people on this forum have told me.

Even to this day, the BB phone has major memory management problems. If you receive/send a lot of texts and emails every day, Blackberry is not for you. If you send/receive a "normal" amount of texts and emails every day, it may work for you... and if you're a loner and rarely communicate with other humans, definitely buy a Blackberry. It will suit you well.

Now to all you other popular people out there, can you please direct me to a phone that has the same form factor as Blackberry, but actually works for people like us? I've been putting up with this disaster of a phone simply because I cannot stand typing onto a smudgy piece of glass. Thank you in advance.
    kraski likes this.
    01-25-12 04:17 AM
    ....and your point is?
    01-25-12 04:20 AM
    So I've come to the conclusion that the reason why my my experience with Blackberry phones have been so horrific is that well, I'm just too damn popular. I have too many friends and coworkers that text/call/email me every single day. Over the years, this is what the people at the Sprint store have told me... what customer representatives on the phone have told me... it's what people on this forum have told me.

Even to this day, the BB phone has major memory management problems. If you receive/send a lot of texts and emails every day, Blackberry is not for you. If you send/receive a "normal" amount of texts and emails every day, it may work for you... and if you're a loner and rarely communicate with other humans, definitely buy a Blackberry. It will suit you well.

Now to all you other popular people out there, can you please direct me to a phone that has the same form factor as Blackberry, but actually works for people like us? I've been putting up with this disaster of a phone simply because I cannot stand typing onto a smudgy piece of glass. Thank you in advance.
    Ha ha, there aren't any that come even close to a qwerty blackberry, so the joke's on you lol

Good luck with your "popularity"
    01-25-12 04:32 AM
    Ive never seen a better example to offer to Webster's or wikipedia for an example of a troll.

He is so popular he has to get on a forum and post to.... nobody?
    And the blackberry is top of the list for communicating, especially with push email, and yet the other phones are bettern if thats your gig?

Be a dork much?
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    01-25-12 05:11 AM
    So I've come to the conclusion that the reason why my my experience with Blackberry phones have been so horrific is that well, I'm just too damn popular. Now to all you other popular people out there, can you please direct me to a phone that has the same form factor as Blackberry, but actually works for people like us? I've been putting up with this disaster of a phone simply because I cannot stand typing onto a smudgy piece of glass.
    You are posting on a BB forum looking for advice from other "popular people" that hate BBs? What happened, you had a late night of boredom where you weren't busy being popular enough so you thought you'd troll? If you want help you might try re-phrasing. If your intent is to troll, mission accomplished.
    01-25-12 05:31 AM
    I do not feed.
    01-25-12 05:35 AM
    PJ737,

A popular guy like you shouldn't need a phone. What you really need is a website and a microphone like say....Rush Limbaugh. You need peeps that handle your phone calls, emails and text. Don't get your hands dirty with a phone; they cause cancer by the way. Clean living is what you need. toss that 9930 into the trash. Break free from the confines of the internet. Head to the islands.

Those people you call friends, sadly enough are using you for entertainment. So step up to the microphone "popular guy". Tell us some more about yourself. Let's start with your education shall we?
    01-25-12 05:41 AM
    Android is the way to go for social and multimedia use. The widgets alone are great for social feeds like Twitter, Facebook, foursquare, Google +, VIDEO Skype, etc and you can get apps and widgets that combine them all

Widgets are great because the info updates automatically on the screen. I would bet if you love social networking you'd love that.

I agree that BlackBerry isn't the best for multimedia and social.

It's great for personal communication in my opinion. That's to say, friends and family. But it doesn't have the widgets and apps for social.

Pay no mind to the previous posters bashing you. BlackBerry users that haven't tried other platforms, or just can't understand everyone has different needs (besides a keyboard and LED) are defensive.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-25-12 at 06:10 AM.
    01-25-12 05:49 AM
    I think the reason people are getting defensive is because he came to a blackberry forum and basically called bb users loners and losers. I don't condone flaming someone because they like another phone or don't like bb but I'd say people have a right to be a BIT defensive when others come here calling them names and making general assumptions for no reason.
    01-25-12 06:04 AM
    He didn't day losers. And so what. It's just his opinion. I agree with it. Even if I didn't. Again so what. It makes for a good discussion.

If I was into social networking, Twitter, Google Plus, Facebook, Four square, video calling...you'd better believe i wouldn't be with BlackBerry.

That's the problem with these forums. People make their phones into their ego somehow and get hurt when you dis it.
    01-25-12 06:09 AM
    He didn't day losers. And so what. It's just his opinion. I agree with it. Even if I didn't. Again so what. It makes for a good discussion.

If I was into social networking, Twitter, Google Plus, Facebook, Four square, video calling...you'd better believe i wouldn't be with BlackBerry.

That's the problem with these forums. People make their phones into their ego somehow and get hurt when you dis it.
    You might be right if you're a viewer, if you're a doer nothing beats Blackberry OS7 with Social Feeds, all social networks, all I M clients and RSS feeds under one roof. Have you even tried it?
    01-25-12 06:13 AM
    He is right, people who have huge amounts of contacts and requirements of communication need a real device. That is why the President uses a bb. He has no commo requirements and is a loner. Haha. That original post makes me laugh. Thanks for the entertainment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    01-25-12 06:20 AM
    People in my BBM groups regularly have 500+ emails unread, multiple BBM groups, and lots of apps. Without question, BlackBerry handles it all. Whatever you're doing, you're doing it wrong.

You haven't supplied any details as to what exactly happens when your popularity overtaxes your BlackBerry, so I can only advise you to shrink your OS and try to be less awesome.

@chrisy520 - I have 4 Twitter accounts, Facebook, Google+, 6 email accounts, all managed exclusively on my BlackBerry. I can't even imagine dealing with that on any other platform. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way about their Androids and iPhones, too.
    01-25-12 06:23 AM
    The only thing that shocks me about the original post is that people actually felt the need to respond to it.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-25-12 06:27 AM

OK he didn't say losers but he did say hermits and loners so he's still coming here calling people names and being hostile. Its as bad as people calling the iphone a toy and it's users sheep. Or people that just bash BB on a bb forum pricks with nothing better to do who get off on pissing on bb users. Not that I'd ever say that.
    I'm not saying I agree or disagree with his views on BB. Sure post them. It DOES make for an interesting discussing. He's calling people names and look what happened to this thread? if he just stated his opinion the tone of this thread would be a lot different.
    01-25-12 06:29 AM
    Such a popular person should have tons of friends that adore them and let them know what is best
    01-25-12 06:31 AM
    Hermit and loner would be a compliment to me. If I hear someone called a social butterfly I usually wouldn't get along with that person. Buddhist monks are sometimes hermits. My yoga teacher is a loner. I look up and respect those people.

A social butteryfly can have a negative connotaion too. Shallow, lonely, needing approval, etc.
    You're adding negative connotations to words is what you're doing. That, and misreading too.

It's your preception that is taking this thread where it is.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-25-12 at 06:34 AM.
    01-25-12 06:32 AM
    Deflection. Nice. Saying "Well YOU did it AFTER I did" Another common theme in these threads.
    01-25-12 06:34 AM
    What? I gave the OP advice and responed to them. You're just trying to argue with me. Try, of I dunno, answering the OP...maybe.
    01-25-12 06:36 AM
    Deflection.
    01-25-12 06:38 AM

My son sends/receives over 5000 text messages per month on his Blackberry Curve. This was both when we were on Sprint, and now T-Mobile. I work with people who get well over a hundred e-mails a day on their work issued Blackberry phone. Perhaps the issue lies between the chair and the keyboard as we like to say in IT industry.
    01-25-12 06:53 AM
    What exactly does making phone calls and sending texts have to do with memory and memory management?
    01-25-12 08:32 AM
    This thread should be moved to the apple or android forum.

Let them deal with this kind of useless information
    01-25-12 08:45 AM
    Check this out bud.

http://crackberry.com/crack-team/cra...erry-sightings

They don't look like loners and hermits to me.
    01-25-12 08:49 AM
    I don't remember laughing so hard at a forum thread ever.
    thanks for that
    01-25-12 09:03 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD