05-07-11 05:52 PM
26 12
tools
    New movie coming out Sept 27th with Ryan Reynolds called Buried. Take a look at various trailers, it seems interesting. Also very interesting is that it appears Reynolds is using a Blackberry through out the movie, which for the most part takes place with him being buried alive and trying to escape.

In one trailers it appears that he is either doing face to face video calling (or he's watching a clip) and in another trailer (youtube clip below) around the 1:04 minute mark you see a Blackberry homescreen and keyboard.

Take a look, let me know what you think

09-22-10 02:32 PM
    I think it shows that RIM paid the producer a lot of money for product placement.
    09-22-10 03:32 PM
    I think it shows that RIM paid the producer a lot of money for product placement.
    Generally movie producers want to have some type of believability in their story-lines..even if it's sometimes the smallest fraction. No one would believe that an iPhone could get service from a coffin buried under the ground
    Swoll Pirate likes this.
    09-22-10 04:12 PM
    Another movie where Blackberry boasted a 1 bar signal againt the competition ( iphone, android etc) is the "DEVIL" by M.Y. Shyamalan released last week.
    5 people trapped in an elevator.. trying to call for help... everyone checked their phones for signal nada... but one has a bar... and that person has a blackberry
    09-22-10 04:28 PM
    Generally movie producers want to have some type of believability in their story-lines..even if it's sometimes the smallest fraction. No one would believe that an iPhone could get service from a coffin buried under the ground
    If Steve Jobs says it could, it could.
    09-22-10 04:28 PM
    Or that any other smartphone's battery would last long enough.

(I was going to add that they don't make iDevice charging stands in coffins but I haven't looked into that market lately and wouldn't be surprised if they do.)

09-22-10 05:30 PM
    If Steve Jobs says it could, it could.
    Lol..fair enough. If Apple started putting out commercials saying the iPhone could beam you up to the Space Station, i'm sure 90% of the population would believe it.
    09-22-10 05:34 PM
    Lol..fair enough. If Apple started putting out commercials saying the iPhone could beam you up to the Space Station, i'm sure 90% of the population would believe it.
    lol yea. Apple can probably make most people believe anything they want.
    09-22-10 06:27 PM
    Looks to be a curve or a bold, any guesses? (it has a trackpad)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 07:41 PM
    So, the whole reason he got burried was because he had to do a battery pull and couldn't call 911 in time before the kidnapper knocked him out?
    09-22-10 09:10 PM
    So, the whole reason he got burried was because he had to do a battery pull and couldn't call 911 in time before the kidnapper knocked him out?
    Lmao..yea..much like the typical horror movie scene with someone fumbling for their car keys while the creepy killer is after them. This time he's waiting on the reboot "Cmon cmon!!"..

On a side note at least he'd have some available memory to use his apps once he was in the coffin tho lol

09-22-10 09:26 PM
    Looks to be a curve or a bold, any guesses? (it has a trackpad)

I paused this after the preview and reviewed it quite a few times. I even did step to go frame by frame to get a better glipse and I noticed that it has a trackball, not a trackpad stated previously.

Looks like a Curve, but not sure which series. It kinda looked like it had the keyboard of a Curve 8500 series, but I could be wrong.

Comforting to know that I wasn't the only one to notice this.
    09-23-10 02:40 AM

this is on the blackberry youtube channel
    09-23-10 07:16 AM
    I wonder if its a BlackBerry Torch that he's using in the movie Buried. The Torch will have much faster results than the older models (BlackBerry 6 OS).

09-23-10 09:35 AM
    and i wonder what service he is using...
    that's one great service considering he's 6 feet under
    09-23-10 09:39 AM
    and i wonder what service he is using...
    that's one great service considering he's 6 feet under
    I work at a psych hospital and I still sport bars in the basement in a room with all concrete walls. My partner with an iPhone doesn't though Both on Rogers
    09-23-10 11:27 PM
    Am I the only one that interpreted the red and green line graphics as bars of service?
    09-23-10 11:33 PM
    Don't forget, he's in the desert in Iraq....the cell coverage above ground is already horrendous. I can't imagine "true" coverage 6 feet under, unless he has a signal booster in that coffin
    09-30-10 01:27 AM
    Uhh for anyone who hasn't figured out already, he was using the Curve 8900.
    10-08-10 05:23 PM
    Brings new meaning to "torch" huh?
    01-20-11 02:43 PM
    Official release from Apple: There's an app for that.
    01-20-11 05:46 PM
    Does anyone know what theme Ryan is using on his BB in the movie and where to get it?
    02-01-11 07:29 AM
    Uhh for anyone who hasn't figured out already, he was using the Curve 8900.
    No.

It had a trackpad, no trackball.

It was either a tour or a bold.

Looking at its chrome styling, I'd assume it was a bold.

But being that the keyboard was weird, made me think it was an 85xx?

But looking at it's screen, I'd say no.
    02-01-11 02:08 PM
    Does anyone have a picture of the background?? i really want it! lol someone should make that theme too! it looks good!
    05-06-11 12:04 AM
    Talk about "digging up" an old thread...
    05-06-11 12:25 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD