Awesome you seem to understand what an ellipsis is. Too bad that you ignored the general subtext of my comment.
    Whatever...

(BBM#33)
    My bird is a cuckoo train.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-18-13 08:36 AM
    I don't own either of these, I'm just sayin'...

you realize, that you compare BMW 3 Series which is a compact executive vs Kia Cadenza, which is full-size Luxury car?
    10-18-13 08:37 AM
    If only they were priced like Kias...

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Over $10-20k?

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-18-13 08:44 AM
    Blackberry would be a Volvo: safe, reliable, discrete, not for the masses, you need to drive one to know what you get.
    gimjay likes this.
    10-18-13 08:44 AM
    I believe Kias are built in the US. Also, Kia has stepped up their game lately and makes quality cars now. They aren't the same company they were 10 years ago. They may be the best bang for your buck right now.

Posted via my Z10
    I believe that was all planned. Once Hyundai was able to leave the low-end of the market, Kia was introduced to fill that void. Once the brand became more commonplace and accepted, raise the quality and raise the prices. Honda did the same thing from the 70s into the 90s.

I've long said BlackBerry needs to follow this model.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-18-13 08:46 AM
    Sad part about this thread is its a waste of time and talent. Come on Blackberry owners, we don't do this. Remember, we carry mobile computing device's. Cars are no where near that yet. Use your brains and don't stoop to what the normal masses do!!
    10-18-13 08:47 AM
    My bird is a cuckoo train.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    You win...?

(BBM#33)
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    10-18-13 08:48 AM
    Blackberry would be a Volvo: safe, reliable, discrete, not for the masses, you need to drive one to know what you get.
    Lol that is the perfect comparison a Volvo.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-18-13 08:51 AM
    If smartphones were cars, I think BlackBerry would be more like ... moped
    Eventually, It will get you to your destination, but you have to put lots of effort ))))
    10-18-13 08:52 AM
    The analogy was well-intentioned, but it has the unfortunate difficulty of blending TWO entirely emotion and perception based opinions - phones and cars - (and it even triggered racial generalizations as is the case of the second poster). Talk about a recipe for disagreement!

Still, some of the comparisons rang true to my particular car and phone biases.

What I found interesting (about this post) was how people can't see past their biases, and instead claim their opinions to be absolute fact!
    badiyee likes this.
    10-18-13 08:53 AM
    A better comparison would be motorcycle manufacturers.

I would say Blackberry is similar to Ducati, Apple Honda, and Android Yamaha or Suzuki, based on sales and performance.

Honda does 100x the sales of Ducati. Yamaha and Suzuki 10x. Yet in world superbike, Ducati has won the championship 17 times in the past 20 years.

On specs it is a similar situation, in terms of engine builds and overall power, Ducati has a underpowered engine and completely different approach then the others, but their complete package has proven to be the best.

Look around you don't see many on the street, their priced higher then their competition and don't par up to others in terms of overall specs, but for those who know and don't follow crowds of people and opinion they prevail.

Say what you like about BlackBerry phones and OS at the end of the day their still a superbike in a superbike race

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:56 AM
    The analogy was well-intentioned, but it has the unfortunate difficulty of blending TWO entirely emotion and perception based opinions - phones and cars - (and it even triggered racial generalizations as is the case of the second poster). Talk about a recipe for disagreement!

Still, some of the comparisons rang true to my particular car and phone biases.

What I found interesting (about this post) was how people can't see past their biases, and instead claim their opinions to be absolute fact!
    Yes its. Recipe for disagreement. I disdain korean cars solely from experiences with them.

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-18-13 08:58 AM
    I don't think so. If anything its more like:

BlackBerry = Lincoln. Former, top notch, understated luxury product whose heyday is long behind it. With years of less than inspiring though generally reliable product, though some unreliable/underengineered ones, poorly aimed at the marketplace and all that stuff today both Lincoln and BlackBerry are trying to reinvent their products, with solid, understated designs. Though reliable and very tech forward in a lot of ways both brands find their products seemingly a generation behind in specs compared to their competitors. They also fail at pricing as OP mentioned certain brands can charge a premium and both of these until they really up their specs or do something revolutionary cannot continue to charge the prices they do!

Android is the Toyota. Not Hyundai(they don't have all the variations), not the Ford(Toyota's are now more a value product) but rather the Toyota. The do all tools, available for dirt cheap, to massively upgraded. Their brands however fail to have the panache of an Apple product(its all in the marketing).

iPhone meanwhile = Lexus. I say Lexus not BMW, not Mercedes because Lexus is the reliable luxury brand. Lexus is also consistently the one with the best after sales service and the ones that don't rock the boat with their latest models. But like iPhone they are being forced too in recent years. The new IS is not revolutionary in anyway, more the change in its looks are, like iOS 7. But the owners continue to go back because of reliability, brand prestige, resale value and honestly, outright service.

Thats my take.

Oh yea Windows Phone 8 they would be Honda. Well made, durable, reliable, does a lot of nice things but limited in its range of offerings.

WebOS would be Saab for obvious reasons upto and including the rumours of its resurrection after death!
    10-18-13 09:01 AM
    Tesla

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Fisker... LOL
    10-18-13 09:01 AM
    Ah, let's combine two things that people will have endless fanboy love and discussions for, Cars and Phones. I can't see any feelings getting hurt in this thread. If you're going to make a BlackBerry and Car thread, let's just focus on what cars have a QNX based infotainment system so we can hopefully maximize BB10 integration potential.
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    10-18-13 09:09 AM
    The kias of yesterday are not the kias of today. I own 2. Since 2007 and 2010. No problems with either car
    10-18-13 09:13 AM
    BlackBerry is Dodge, Android is Ford, and iPhone is Chevy. Oh and Windows is Nissan

Posted via CB10
    Ah....no
    10-18-13 09:14 AM
    Considering that Volvo is now owned by the Chinese, that may be a telling comparison.
    10-18-13 09:28 AM
    BB is a F1 car....quick fast and an awesome ride. You just cant take it out on the streets or in public...
    10-18-13 09:31 AM
    Ok, certain comments have been removed, so let's try and be a little more understanding of nationalities when posting, hmm? Bad experience with a product doesn't mean we put a zinger on a race or nationality, a product can be discussed without blaming people, especially in this multinational forum.
    10-18-13 10:03 AM
    Handphone and cars notwithstanding, Samsung and daewoo are now top makers of big ships and expensive drilling rigs. Almost all new build deep water rigs are built in Korea or Singapore. They cost $500,000,000 and up, each.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-18-13 10:03 AM
    Considering that Volvo is now owned by the Chinese, that may be a telling comparison.
    That would, I presume only be fair to be compared if Lenovo buys BlackBerry in its entirety, and if we look at how Lenovo did to the thinkpad line up after it acquired from IBM, them its a fair comparison, and there's good signs in them.

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-18-13 10:24 AM
    you realize, that you compare BMW 3 Series which is a compact executive vs Kia Cadenza, which is full-size Luxury car?
    I'm having a difficult time finding it so maybe you can look at the quote below and tell me where there is a mention of class of vehicle.
    Blackberry needs to ramp up the advertising to spread the word and drop their prices. You can't sell a Kia for the same price as a BMW.
    10-18-13 12:17 PM
    I'm having a difficult time finding it so maybe you can look at the quote below and tell me where there is a mention of class of vehicle.
    Then let's go with a 760 for comparison
    10-18-13 12:20 PM
    No. You are wrong.
    BlackBerry is any Electric car. It's kind of cool, it's new, innovative... But there'a a lack of mileage.
    Android - is Diesel powered car. You got torque, and with new engine you got quite impressive power. And fantastic mileage.
    Iphone is Petrol powered car. you got enough power, smooth operation and quite decent power.
    W8 is like Hybrid. It has some good sides of Electric car, has some good sides of Petrol car. But something is wrong anyway.
    This is a good analogy. I like it!
    10-18-13 04:48 PM
63 123