If smartphones were cars, a Blackberry would be a Kia (a good quality product but people are wary to try it), Android would be a Chevrolet (a phone for the masses and so so quality) and the iphone would be a Mercedes (premium price, high quality and high service).

Blackberry needs to ramp up the advertising to spread the word and drop their prices. You can't sell a Kia for the same price as a BMW.
    kbz1960, garnok and junior2you like this.
    10-18-13 05:24 AM
    If smartphones were cars, a Blackberry would be a Kia (a good quality product but people are wary to try it), Android would be a Chevrolet (a phone for the masses and so so quality) and the iphone would be a Mercedes (premium price, high quality and high service).

Blackberry needs to ramp up the advertising to spread the word and drop their prices. You can't sell a Kia for the same price as a BMW.
    No. You are wrong.
    BlackBerry is any Electric car. It's kind of cool, it's new, innovative... But there'a a lack of mileage.
    Android - is Diesel powered car. You got torque, and with new engine you got quite impressive power. And fantastic mileage.
    Iphone is Petrol powered car. you got enough power, smooth operation and quite decent power.
    W8 is like Hybrid. It has some good sides of Electric car, has some good sides of Petrol car. But something is wrong anyway.
    10-18-13 05:53 AM
    IPhone is more like Honda, Toyota or hyundai.

A car for the masses. I'm not putting down those vehicles. Toyota is one of our two vehicles.
    Just because the price is higher doesn't make it a rr or audi or bmw....in terms of phones.
    Perceptions.... charge lots make them feel that because they pay more it's better. marketing at its best. Along the lines of bose products.

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-18-13 05:54 AM
    BlackBerry has the brand perception in the public like a Buick (people generally associate it with old people or business/government/BBOS). I find its more like a hybrid Audi or Lexus SUV (BB10 with Android runtime) slick design and high quality components but it doesn't appeal to the masses. Product has great tech integration and is versatile. Development teams delay production and have issues with dealerships. Engineering is improving but due to mismanagement still hasn't figured out their target market and doesn't know how to sell or market the product effectively. Car magazines rip it apart for not having the newest Audi R8 engine or 500HP or the looks of a Lamborghini Gallardo. Results in niche market.

Apple is like a Porche similar designs every year with premium build quality and premium pricing. Simple to use in a compact package. This years model has a nice new paint options and a few extra features but nothing major. With amazing marketing, support and accessories selection and a huge loyal fan base people will still flock en mass to buy it only 6 months into their past lease just so they have the latest model.

Samsung is like a Ford - very common car with a lot of gimmicky features and lots of technology integration. They want to innovate first and allow you to customize many things but the design is kind of bland and boring and nothing flashy. They upgraded the car with NOS and all the bells and whistles but breaks down easily. Tends to flood the market with a lot of models.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    Last edited by R Field; 10-18-13 at 06:45 AM.
    10-18-13 06:05 AM
    Oh God...equate it to anyone but Kia!

Posted via CB10
    badiyee, @craig and mastermike87 like this.
    10-18-13 06:19 AM

Lol. This is dumbest analogy that I have ever read. What makes iPhone a Mercedes Benz equivalent? Benz is a niche market...

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-18-13 06:37 AM
    No. You are wrong.
    BlackBerry is any Electric car. It's kind of cool, it's new, innovative... But there'a a lack of mileage.
    Android - is Diesel powered car. You got torque, and with new engine you got quite impressive power. And fantastic mileage.
    Iphone is Petrol powered car. you got enough power, smooth operation and quite decent power.
    W8 is like Hybrid. It has some good sides of Electric car, has some good sides of Petrol car. But something is wrong anyway.
    Yessur! Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 06:43 AM
    Lol. This is dumbest analogy that I have ever read. What makes iPhone a Mercedes Benz equivalent? Benz is a niche market...

Posted via CB10
    Car analogies in regards to phones are stupid in general. iPhones users drive 1990s Hondas, brand new Ferraris, pickup trucks, or may not even own a car. They can be cashiers at your local store or the CEO of a Fortune 100 company. The same goes for Blackberry, Samsung, Nokia, etc. Most companies' flagship smartphones are both the most mainstream and highest-end on the market.
    10-18-13 06:48 AM
    As owners or past owners of 5 Hyundais, you have no clue what a Korean car is. What they are is reliable, low cost, great warranty, lots of extras, and in the case of my husband's Gen Coupe, lots of fun to put after market stuff on and go to cruise ins.
    I wouldn't own a German made car. Too hard to work on. Rough or tight ride ( and not the right kind of tight). My son found that out by buying a VW and now has an Accent.
    as a driver who drove in many cars, I can stand my own ground against somebody who ownst 5 hyundais. Perhaps you get the export models. Perhaps you bought a really great Kia. Good for you.

I'm not talking about german cars.

But I have a bone to pick, when BlackBerry is equated to Kia. If anything, the comparison is not fair, not good, and Kia (in my eyes being a crappy car it is), BlackBerry doesn't deserve to be put together with that, no matter how tarnished the image is. In fact, I don't even think that if you equate phone makers with car makers, that somehow people will equate BlackBerry to Kia. No, just, no.
    10-18-13 07:01 AM
    If only they were priced like Kias...

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-18-13 07:06 AM
    Uh oh.... someone is going to hate my analogy.

(BBM#33)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-18-13 07:15 AM

Non-Union and built in America? (South East) - I'll take it! Still better than buying from GM!
    KDB84 and MrHomz like this.
    10-18-13 07:32 AM
    To some a smartphone is a projection of ones self and persona. Don't cheapen yourself.

It's. A. Phone.

Z10 10.2.0.1767 via CB10
    10-18-13 07:45 AM
    You'd think the iPhone would cost more to produce then? Correct me if I'm wrong but the Z10 cost slightly more than the iPhone 5 for parts.

10-18-13 07:51 AM
    I don't own either of these, I'm just sayin'...

A Blackberry is a Kia-bmw.pngA Blackberry is a Kia-kia.png
    10-18-13 07:54 AM
    iPhone is a Mercedes (premium price, high quality and high service).
    LOL
    MrHomz and BravoZuluDelta like this.
    10-18-13 08:04 AM
    I don't even think that if you equate phone makers with car makers, that somehow people will equate BlackBerry to Kia. No, just, no.
    So then which car manufacturer would best equate a brand most people don't want anymore, who's sales have dwindled down to a trickle, and is losing money hand over fist?
    10-18-13 08:09 AM

You don't kow cars, or you don't know phones...lol
    10-18-13 08:12 AM

I am BEGGING you, "DO NOT EVER EQUATE BLACKBERRY TO A CAR" and for that matter a KIA...I dont blame you anyway, you say you are a 'CRACKBERRY ADDICT' but I believe that doesn't in any way make you a BLACKBERRY ADDICT lest you WOULDN'T make such comments...

Save us all and go read more about what kind of innovative technology to equate a blackberry to and then come back so we can have a more meaningful chat...(by the way, if you care to know, I can actually rip you apart for making such statements about BBs publicly cos I love my BB Z10 and can't actually picture myself using any other phone even if the company dies off...)

Thanks!
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    10-18-13 08:14 AM
    Actually, blackberry has been compared to BMW as a company. It has gone through restructuring, poor sales by trying to appeal to the masses. Then it went private and became a niche product that was successful. I hope that last part happens

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:17 AM
    IPhone is a Mercedes? No... more like a Beamer: overpriced for what it is and with few if any advantages over competitors. I'll avoid mention of the recent study showing BMW drivers tend to be ******** drivers... oh, dang, did it anyway.

If anything, BlackBerry is more like a Mercedes: niche market, high end , popular in the business community

Posted via CB10
    Breezygirl8 and wincyUt like this.
    10-18-13 08:18 AM
    I got 5 mercs...1 toyota. never rode in a kia.
    Used wphone android and iphones, but always a BlackBerry as main phone. Iphones are just like bmw..too much hype, rough ride and unreliable.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-18-13 08:25 AM
    So then which car manufacturer would best equate a brand most people don't want anymore, who's sales have dwindled down to a trickle, and is losing money hand over fist?
    Tesla

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-18-13 08:26 AM
    You're looking for an ellipsis, not a question mark.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Awesome you seem to understand what an ellipsis is. Too bad that you ignored the general subtext of my comment.
    Whatever...

(BBM#33)
    10-18-13 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry is Dodge, Android is Ford, and iPhone is Chevy. Oh and Windows is Nissan

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:35 AM
63 123