SO, I see other threads that have debates in them, which typically they aren't meant for debating. I figured we could have a debate thread meant for debating and they can be about almost anything..

YOU all bring the topics and we will all contribute to the topic and debate on it sounds fun to me! =)

I mean we can debate about the Election, but I wanna get away from that. It is a good debate though

Here are some ideas:
    1. Foreign oil or drill at home
    2. Are rap lyrics responsible for higher crime/pregnancy rates for teens?
    3. Is the HPV vaccine dangerous? Should there be a vaccine for men?

Thats just so of my ideas, lets get debating ASAP!!!!

Have fun!
    10-28-08 10:46 PM
    Here's one. What came first...the chicken, John S. McCain; or the egg?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 11:51 PM
    Lol - hi-def, somehow I knew this thread would attract you.

10-28-08 11:53 PM

too easy. John Sh*thead McCain..

Last edited by Balloon Knot; 10-29-08 at 12:39 AM.
    10-29-08 12:33 AM
    OP can we fight instead of debate in here?

*my ADD is kicking in somebody post up in here I'm getting restless*

Last edited by Balloon Knot; 10-29-08 at 12:52 AM.
    10-29-08 12:38 AM
    This is just going to be absolute chaos. Everyone bring a topic
    and then everyone else jumps in to debate it. After a very short
    period this will be many different arguments that go nowhere all
    going on at the same time.
    10-29-08 12:52 AM
    Good point grace and I would probobly get banned. I have already 1 warning against me and I'm new. I shouldn't push my luck.

Which brings me to say that these OT forums are just that and some dude named JeffH sent me a warning for sexually explicit comments. I thought we could post anything in here. That's what the desciption said "just keep it civil". I was very civil I just expressed a simple desire and was issued a warning.

Maybe somebody could shed some light on this? This guy Jeff will filter what I say as appropriate or inappropriate through his own beliefs and/or ideas. How the heck is that fair? I'd be willing to bet he extends a certain courtesy to his "friends" in here and let's them get away with things that he certainly wouldn't let fly with me.

Last edited by Balloon Knot; 10-29-08 at 01:05 AM.
    10-29-08 01:01 AM
    This "dude" jeffh happens to be a moderator, and a very well liked and respected one at that. Furthermore, he's one of my personal friends and I for one would back any decision he makes regarding what's appropriate and inappropriate for these boards. He was asked to be a mod for a reason - show him some respect.

10-29-08 01:06 AM
    I second jenays comments.

10-29-08 01:11 AM
    This "dude" jeffh happens to be a moderator, and a very well liked and respected one at that. Furthermore, he's one of my personal friends and I for one would back any decision he makes regarding what's appropriate and inappropriate for these boards. He was asked to be a mod for a reason - show him some respect.

what are you talking about show him respect? I haven't said a word to that guy. I don't care if he's your friend or not or if he's a mod or not I was asking a question. No need to get all defensive here.

I don't agree with what he deems is appropriate or inappropriate just as he feels the same about me. That's all.

Last edited by Balloon Knot; 10-29-08 at 01:16 AM.
    10-29-08 01:13 AM
    What you deem appropriate isn't what everyone else sees as being appropriate! This is probably why you were given a warning.

10-29-08 01:22 AM
    this is going to be very fun I see just wait for it!
    10-29-08 02:42 AM
    Balloon Knot, I understand how you feel. But you also have to understand the magnitude of a site like this. There's thousands upon thousands of posts a day. No one person can moderate the boards, nor can a group of people all get together and discuss posts quickly. The moderators are chosen because they frequent the boards and they know many of the people. Yes, some of the regulars here may get a little more slack than some of the n00bs, but that right is earned.

That said, I didn't see your post, so I'm certainly not saying you were wrong to question the charges, but understand that the mods are here for the good of the forum, and they have to make a quick decision on what to do with a post.
    10-29-08 03:42 AM
    Balloon Knot, I understand how you feel. But you also have to understand the magnitude of a site like this. There's thousands upon thousands of posts a day. No one person can moderate the boards, nor can a group of people all get together and discuss posts quickly. The moderators are chosen because they frequent the boards and they know many of the people. Yes, some of the regulars here may get a little more slack than some of the n00bs, but that right is earned.

That said, I didn't see your post, so I'm certainly not saying you were wrong to question the charges, but understand that the mods are here for the good of the forum, and they have to make a quick decision on what to do with a post.
    very good point sir. I stand corrected.

10-29-08 11:32 AM
    You'll figure it out BK, the biggest thing is that we do have a bunch of younger teenage kids here, too. So they try to keep it family appropriate. This makes it a test of skill to see if you can say what you want and keep it in bounds. Good luck,

10-29-08 12:07 PM
    debate one done
    10-29-08 12:13 PM

lol, that's too funny.
    10-29-08 12:22 PM
    Good point grace and I would probobly get banned. I have already 1 warning against me and I'm new. I shouldn't push my luck.

Which brings me to say that these OT forums are just that and some dude named JeffH sent me a warning for sexually explicit comments. I thought we could post anything in here. That's what the desciption said "just keep it civil". I was very civil I just expressed a simple desire and was issued a warning.

Maybe somebody could shed some light on this? This guy Jeff will filter what I say as appropriate or inappropriate through his own beliefs and/or ideas. How the heck is that fair? I'd be willing to bet he extends a certain courtesy to his "friends" in here and let's them get away with things that he certainly wouldn't let fly with me.
    I've communicated with JeffH regarding some action that was taken against me not too long ago (I was banned for 7 days). I gave him some personal input on what I felt on the action that was dealt to me...and I gave him some input on how to better address and carry out future actions taken for the same reason(s) that were taken against me.

In your instance...you were given a warning instead of logging in one day; only to find that you were banned. At least you were made aware of the nature of the warning given to you...so now you could not be called; and call yourself...ignorant of the nature behind it all. This is a good thing; since one should not face the brunt of the bad end of an action; if they are at least not made aware of what they are doing wrong beforehand...especially since there are some situations that fall into the gray area of subjectivity.

what are you talking about show him respect? I haven't said a word to that guy. I don't care if he's your friend or not or if he's a mod or not I was asking a question. No need to get all defensive here.

I don't agree with what he deems is appropriate or inappropriate just as he feels the same about me. That's all.
    Speaking on the degree/extent that I have interacted with Jeff via the action imposed on me...he was courteous, receptive and timely in the level of communication with me.

As JustPlain stated...with a site as large and active as CB is day in and day out; some entities tend to stick out to some members/mods more than others; through contribution/rapport/exposure. I wouldn't put it as some members 'getting away' with the same thing(s) that others wouldn't. I don't think the overwhelming majority of us here on CB are here to consciously create disturbance; or to rile up existing ones. Of course there are those that are here for that.

In any case; I just want to say welcome to CB since just until recently I noticed you here as a member.
    10-29-08 03:13 PM
    Thanks hi-def for that rather insightful post and the welcome.

I have noticed in my short time being here that some members are extended a certain liberty with their posts. I won't name them but I'm pretty aware of these things.

In short it seems to me if you are outside of the obvious as* kissing and speak freely you get a bad rap as a trouble maker. I understand flaming people should not be tolerated but simply speaking your mind when ANYONE makes an asinine statement should not bring down a warning. Other times its like picking on the popular kid in school and all their little hangers on jump all over you.

Mods are like cops. You get your good ones and then you get those that are on some kind of power trip. Not saying this guy jeff is I'm just speaking in general.

At any rate thanks again for the welcome. I'm sure we will have some fun in here. Cuz that's what its all about. Not takin it too seriously.

10-29-08 04:22 PM
    Well see guys if you think about it, we are debating now LOL
    10-29-08 06:49 PM
    Did anyone ever here about the lady that got cured from being struck by lightning?
    10-29-08 06:51 PM
    Did anyone ever here about the lady that got cured from being struck by lightning?
    well?

10-30-08 10:22 PM
    1. Foreign oil or drill at home
    Both.

2. Are rap lyrics responsible for higher crime/pregnancy rates for teens?
    Prob not in any significant way.

3. Is the HPV vaccine dangerous?
    As dangerous as any other vaccine.

Should there be a vaccine for men?
    Sure, why not?
    10-31-08 12:40 AM
    Better looking...Democrats? Republicans? Independents?

Craaaap; I've got to be up in five hours; and still have about an hour's worth of an argument to write for tomorrow. Halloween should be a national holiday (especially when it falls on a Friday); where's the wiccan lobby when you need them? .
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 10-31-08 at 12:58 AM.
    10-31-08 12:52 AM
    Republicans ofcourse
    10-31-08 01:00 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD