Hopefully I see some of this stuff soon - I live in Waterloo (home of RIM). I'll be sure to post if I do!

Just wondering - what happens to the contacts added to BBM after you receive your prize?
    06-22-10 03:59 PM
    ok, I managed to get some pics of similar signs. This will give you an idea of what to look out for!

The last pic is of the seats I won!
    06-22-10 07:29 PM
    ^^Oh, awesome! Thanks for that. I'll definitely look out for some stuff like that. haha. Hope to see some of this soon, too!
    06-22-10 10:59 PM
    Just got this from one of the BBM guys.
    "We are in Edmonton at Boonstock tomorrow!"
    06-23-10 09:44 PM
    For the curious, yes, you can use BBM to scan any barcode that is generated using the proper format.

I created this awhile back:

Using the BBM scanner(even the group scanner), it will either setup an email for me, ask if it is ok to call me, or take you to my facebook page in the browser.

I've thought about printing these and giving them out when a girl asks for my number.

EDIT: Please don't prank call me
    06-25-10 02:23 PM
    This is awesome. How did you do these?
    06-25-10 02:41 PM
    Blackberry created a facebook app for it, but this is easier. There are dozens more on the internet

QR-Code Generator
    06-25-10 02:52 PM
    Hey just out of curiosity, are these types of barcodes a blackberry thing only or is this becoming more used by other companies?

The reason I ask is b/c I bought some toothpaste the other day and it has the same type of barcode on it. I tried scanning it but no luck.
    06-25-10 03:11 PM
    So, I've got a quick update for you.

I sent a thank you email to Mike L (co-CEO) of RIM. Never thought he'd reply. The next day I get an email from the head of Marketing asking what size shirts I wanted. Yesterday a small package arrived from Fedex from RIM with 4 BBMe t-shirts in it!

So cool!

They also sent me a listing of the events they will be attending this year.

If any of you are near these events, I would make the effort
    07-01-10 08:45 AM
    So, I've got a quick update for you.

I sent a thank you email to Mike L (co-CEO) of RIM. Never thought he'd reply. The next day I get an email from the head of Marketing asking what size shirts I wanted. Yesterday a small package arrived from Fedex from RIM with 4 BBMe t-shirts in it!

So cool!

They also sent me a listing of the events they will be attending this year.

If any of you are near these events, I would make the effort
    Can you please post the list?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 08:53 AM
    It's in the attached thumbnail (you will have to log in via computer to see it)
    07-01-10 08:55 AM
    Darn all Canadien shows. Must get the US tour list.
    07-01-10 09:28 AM
    That's pretty cool! I need to be on the lookout for barcodes.
    07-04-10 07:17 AM
    I went to a local play last night here in Edmonton, Alberta. It was the play MacBeth by William Shakespeare.

I saw this right by the entrance and immediately i pulled out my phone to scan the barcode hoping to win free popcorn/drinks or even a free white bold 9700!!! unfortunately, the barcode only led me to the local newspaper site, the edmonton journal.

Dissappointed, I went back to my seat and watched my play thinking in the back of my head that I got my hopes up for nothing

07-09-10 10:28 AM
    Hey just out of curiosity, are these types of barcodes a blackberry thing only or is this becoming more used by other companies?

The reason I ask is b/c I bought some toothpaste the other day and it has the same type of barcode on it. I tried scanning it but no luck.
    I think you're talking about the barcode like the one I saw ^^ they're 2D and need a 3rd party app to scan them
    07-09-10 10:33 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD