Just found out via twitter that a group calling themselves #TeaMp0iSon_ have attacked the Blackberry Blogs Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog, and didn't know where else to put it. What do we make of this? Should we be worried about our personal data? Do you think RIM has any other vulnerable websites?

Impressions, concerns, comments?

EDIT: Mirror can be found here http://www.zone-h.org/mirror/id/14614130
    08-09-11 09:01 AM
    They cannot hack the NOC or our BES servers, so we're safe.

Likely some script kiddo, or anti-blackberry person doing that to disrupt the blog's operation. They'll have it back up once the admin finds out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit: I read the post the hacker team made. So what if they "dox" rim employees. Antisec and lulzsec did it too. So it's anti-police/feds/government entities supporting violence. They still don't have the keys to the NOC. Doubt they'd cause any severe damage whatsoever.

additional edits If they do send rioters to canada and they damage company property, then police will be after them to seek damage and jail those mofo's. Just some angry kid shouting idle threats right now. PS. It might just make the news.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 08-09-11 at 09:37 AM.
    01itr likes this.
    08-09-11 09:28 AM
    The group claims they have acquired BB employee data. Right to this minute, the defacement is gone, but the hackers are still trolling around inside the BlackBerry servers...TeaMp0isoN Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog I don't even know if its worth mentioning that this guy seems to be part of Anonymous.
    08-09-11 09:36 AM
    The group claims they have acquired BB employee data. Right to this minute, the defacement is gone, but the hackers are still trolling around inside the BlackBerry servers...TeaMp0isoN Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog I don't even know if its worth mentioning that this guy seems to be part of Anonymous.
    Highly doubt it. I support anonymous and their activism, but anonymous would never do such a thing to promote violence. Their protests are usually peaceful 100% of the time. I have attended 9 to be exact.

08-09-11 09:39 AM
    Highly doubt it. I support anonymous and their activism, but anonymous would never do such a thing to promote violence. Their protests are usually peaceful 100% of the time. I have attended 9 to be exact.
    I've been following their Activisim on twitter and that's how I found out. But if they do have any info it would be that of the BlackBerry Blog team, which if released would bring undue harm to innocent folks, since they have NOTHING to do with RIM's Technical Team that deals with server/BIS/whatchamacallit DB's that aid investigators.
    08-09-11 09:55 AM
    I've been following their Activisim on twitter and that's how I found out. But if they do have any info it would be that of the BlackBerry Blog team, which if released would bring undue harm to innocent folks, since they have NOTHING to do with RIM's Technical Team that deals with server/BIS/whatchamacallit DB's that aid investigators.
    Likely that "team" is the rioter's boss or leader. They'll be ultimately responsible for threats and vandalism to the blackberry blogging team's website and any other attempts. I hope their IP addresses were sent to law enforcement and also that they never used a proxy.

08-09-11 10:15 AM
    Yikes I hope all of this gets resolved quickly and that innocent people do not have to suffer. What a terrible week for citizens of London.
    08-09-11 10:55 AM
    Yikes I hope all of this gets resolved quickly and that innocent people do not have to suffer. What a terrible week for citizens of London.
    +1 very shameful behavior; what's really frightening is that the police are incapable of controlling it.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-09-11 at 11:03 AM.
    08-09-11 11:00 AM
    +1 very shameful behavior; what's really frightening is that the police are incapable of controlling it.
    Incapable or unwilling?

It is perhaps no coincidence that the head of the Police Federation (staff association) suggested that projected cuts to the police in the UK would mean there was less ability to handle this kind of riot.

Had the police acted decisively during the first riot, chances are there would have been not copy cat action.
    08-09-11 01:00 PM
    There is a VERY fine line between peace and chaos. If everybody acted like this, Police would not be able to control anything. Law is the fear of consequence. When those fear no consequence or band together to overcome the ability for consequence, how people act and what they will do changes greatly.

I am 31 now, and starting to feel like my parents and grand parents before me..."What the **** is happening to society?"

In the Vancouver riots, most people I saw were just going with the flow, being involved so they could post about it. Sad we feel the need to jump on a burning police car and take a picture of it to feel important in our social media popularity.

This sounds like a well executed attempt to knock on RIM again (The Hack) as it brings again into the spotlight the "Security Issues" RIM has with terrorist and other Governments. The average Joe reads that a blog site is hacked and believes this means that hacker had access to everything.

RIMS servers do not run BBOS, but many will read this as BlackBerry isn't as Secure as they claim. Wonder what OS the web server runs....
    Last edited by Zizzzzy; 08-09-11 at 01:19 PM.
    08-09-11 01:14 PM
    Replace CIA with RIM

What people don't understand is that all that has happened was someone figured out how to log in to the BB Blog website as a user and post a blog post... could even be as simple as guessing a login or secret question/answer. It's only a blog post, same thing that anyone working on BB Blog does. Do you think the RIM employees who work on BB Blog have access to RIM databases? Just a bunch of kids that want to look cool.
    08-10-11 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD