DEVELOPING: Television pitchman Billy Mays — who built his fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials promoting household products and gadgets — died Sunday, FOX News confirms.

Mays was found unresponsive by his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, according to the Tampa Police Department.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry to May's residence and foul play is not suspected. Authorities said an autopsy should be complete by Monday afternoon.

Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.

US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.

Authorities have not said whether Mays' death was related to the incident.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Mays wife, Deborah, said in a statement on Sunday.

Report: 'Infomercial King' Billy Mays Found Dead in Home - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com
    06-28-09 11:18 AM
    I saw this on TMZ a little while ago.

Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead | TMZ.com

It was most likely related to the plane incident. He was quoted telling a local TV station that he was hit in the head by something that fell from the ceiling.
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 06-28-09 at 11:51 AM.
    06-28-09 11:43 AM
    damn thats cold
    06-28-09 11:48 AM
    I feel for his family and friends; 50 years is way too short of a ride.
    I hear the pitter-patter of little feet as lawyers line up to sue US Air for being responsible for his death. Ironic that he was purchasing a private jet to avoid all the hubub of commercial air travel.
    06-28-09 11:50 AM
    I saw this on TMZ a little while ago.

Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead | TMZ.com

It was most likely related to the plane incident. He was quoted telling a local TV station that he was hit in the head by something that fell from the ceiling.
    If thats true, it might end up being something like what happened to Liam Neesons wife.

So recently its been: David Carradine, Farrah Fawcet, Ed McMahon (tho he was old), MJ, now Billy Mays
    06-28-09 02:11 PM
    The thing with Liam Neeson's wife was absolutely tragic. I really feel bad for Liam because he loved his wife so much and her death was so unexpected.

My heart goes out to Billy Mays's loved ones. Unexpected death is always hard on friends and family.
    06-28-09 02:18 PM
    Looks like we have to deal with Sully (his pitchman friend) and that Sham-Wow guy from now on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 05:20 PM
    I heard about it on the radio and after farrah and mj it seems like a bad weekend to be famous.

I have always kinda looked up to billy mays. He took stuff that you would never in a million years consider buying and actually convince you that you could not live without it ...lol....my company is primarily direct response even though we do contracts with large companies 99% is direct response. I have wished for years I could get him to push my products guess that won't happen now. i guess my next choice is sully. I don't see anyone being able to replace billy mays though he had a charisma although very loud and boisterous that was unheard of before....
    RIP Billy Mays

06-28-09 10:32 PM
    This is truly tragic.

06-28-09 11:54 PM
    aww, thats sad.
    06-29-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD