I don't belong to Facebook, but I found this interesting.
    Facebook is biggest drain on smartphone performance: study | CTV News
    02-24-15 11:01 AM
    Based Device Monitor... Facebook for me is well below BBM's drain on my system.

And I have only one BBM contact that I might communicate with once a week... have always wished that BBM could be uninstalled from our devices. Facebook... I can accept it's "drain" on the system as it is useful.
    02-24-15 11:52 AM
    Interesting...Was this on androids? I'm sure it's different based on the OS.
    Either way I've kept FB logged out as I do not like how all the contacts appear on my universal search
    02-24-15 12:43 PM
    you have to delete them all manually from your contacts then they'll never appear again

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:49 PM
    Well every BlackBerry user can check up by him/herself on their phone's device monitor what consumes most of the battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:32 PM
    I agree it can be a big drain if you don't customize settings. On my OnePlus One, I turn off notifications, messenger, set the refresh interval to 'never' in addition to using OS settings to not allow it to autostart and keep awake. After doing that, it rarely shows up as a major battery drain user.

Of course on my BlackBerry, like with most (if not all) apps I run, I don't have to do any of these tweaks as I rarely have apps killing my battery. Of course, I never keep apps running as active frame either.
    02-24-15 04:09 PM
    Facebook, Assbook more like. just because everybody is wearing the T-shirt doesnt mean its not crazy.
    Please stop asking me to join, no I will not even be posting under a pets name.
    There is a sort of mass hystiria if you dont do facebook,its like not existing,you know even dead people do facebook.
    why is it they ask you to sign up to permissions before telling you what the app does.
    lets bring back web suicide 2.0.
    A little bit of privacy back and sometimes people surprise you with news of what they ate last night or what thier pet did.
    02-24-15 04:36 PM