i want some news !!
    today AND tomorrow

bold 9900 release date please
    and somehing else
    06-15-11 06:33 AM
    It's an epidemic, isn't it?! I wonder -- can anyone tell us what's the next Android super-phone coming and what day will it drop? Does anyone have any hint of a clue of when the first Nokia/WinPhone will be introduced? Does anyone even know exactly when the next iPhone is coming? Why is it that RIM gets crucified for non-specifics, when every other tech company does the same thing? If you're a true BB fan and a BB is truly your phone of choice, you'll wait until new phones get here, and it will be worth the wait. If you can't wait and will jump ship tomorrow because new BB's are not here today, well, owning a BB couldn't have been that important to you in the first place.

PS: Absolutely agree about the Torch - prefer it over anything out there right now. Biggest shame about it is that #@!%#^ exclusivity thing with at&t.
    They probably can tell you when the new android phone will drop, seems like one comes out every month. With at least 3(samsung, motorola, HTC) different phone manufacturers now touting android as their OS, its not hard to come out with a new device every month. Kind of saturates the market and maybe that's why none of those manufacturers are making very much money? I'll take my blackberry when they feel its ready to drop. I don't need a new device every month, I need one every other year when my contract is up.
    Last edited by homer1475; 06-15-11 at 06:38 AM.
    06-15-11 06:34 AM
    IMO there is no indications that the stock will go up anytime soon. RIMM's focus on non-U.S. markets has taken over any significant effort to update their product line and get it out to what has been, until very recently, a loyal following here in the U.S. RIMM has been dragging their feet for a very long time in negotiating carrier licensing here and it is costing them dearly. It almost seems that they don't care. This speaks to their focus on overseas markets. if they don't have the 9930 out by 8-15, the day my current contract is up, I'm out for good. Parenthetically, I have RIMM stock but will sell it very soon as RIMM is abandoning all common sense and falling further behind the technology every day.
    Why sell your stock now? Might as well hold onto it now, if you were going to sell you should've done it a long time ago.
    06-15-11 06:39 AM
    It's an epidemic, isn't it?! I wonder -- can anyone tell us what's the next Android super-phone coming and what day will it drop? Does anyone have any hint of a clue of when the first Nokia/WinPhone will be introduced? Does anyone even know exactly when the next iPhone is coming? Why is it that RIM gets crucified for non-specifics, when every other tech company does the same thing?
    To be fair though, none of those other companies/platforms point to an aging lineup as an explanation for financials as Jim Balsillie did in April at the time of the guidance revision. Here's a quote:

"But, there's always a transition in higher-end products that shows up in margin and channel sell-through with aging, and you count on your newer products to come in. . ."

Then later we got this:

"In no way shape or form do we feel compromised strategically or do we feel compromised architecturally in where we're going, but at the end of the day, to hold up the numbers of shipments, we've got to have the newer products out there because mix and margin and volume starts to erode at some period of time as it does always." (emphasis added)

After comments like this, is it any wonder that analysts and investors want these new products now? The co-CEO is saying they are needed to "hold up" shipment numbers and margin, which are both critical factors in business success. Though there is plenty of unfair criticism directed at RIM, especially in light of their healthy quarterly profit numbers, the demand for new products is not really unfair in light of Balsillie's comments. If you say your products are old and that margin's falling, investors are going to ask about your new products. That's just business.
    Last edited by Economist101; 06-15-11 at 11:21 AM.
    06-15-11 10:52 AM
    They already are....where have you been!
    06-15-11 04:22 PM
    I am really interested in the QNX based phones. All the OS 6.0 or 7.x based phones suck!
    Guess I have to wait another year for it, let's hope RIM announces something tomorrow.
    06-15-11 04:44 PM
    I would rather the 9900 come out in December than come out "half baked" like the PlayBook.
    06-15-11 04:49 PM
    I think we will get good news today. With all the major carriers dropping their prices on the current stock of BB it can only mean one thing. A new model is coming out. Playbook sales surpassed expectations. I can live with a BB 7 device with better hardware specs until the QNX devices are ready next year.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    06-16-11 11:15 AM
    big week indeed they announced layoffs, said their only phone for the rest of the year is delayed and revenues last quarter were off, under a BILLION dollars, and forecasts for the next even more bleak. big week? for sure you're witnessing a company bleed out, slowly, the rest will be quick and mostly painless though. i doubt there will ever be a qnx handset, how can RIM flop around and lose billions every quarter until 2013? i know they say late 2012 but come on, not only is that a glorious expectation even for them, but carriers have to test phones after development for months, sorry, supposing somehow RIM does manage to survive this the qnx phones won't be on the market until 2013, i just can't fathom a scenario where RIM can struggle through this mess in the meantime. their stock just dropped 17% in a day, and you tell me folks, what's going to make it better? a good ol' CHINUP from mike? sorry, they'd have to have some pretty big expectations on the horizon for investors to care, and they simply do not.
    06-17-11 04:59 AM
    Until they lock their doors and have a garage sale then ill cry. Until then ill keep using my trusty s2. They haven't lost billions market cap goes up and down but they need to get their phones out the door.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 06:11 AM
    I have to admire how every event in the life of RIM, however significant or otherwise, brings all the armchair analysts and experts out of the woodwork. Everybody knows what's best for RIM. I'm thinking it may be wise to avoid CrackBerry for the rest of the day before my brain implodes.
    06-17-11 06:24 AM
    ^^^ this. Let me start an upen letter to them so we can give them some clues on how to run their company.

Dear mike and jim:

You know I love your company but your company is going down the tubes, here's what I suggest:

1. (insert your first critique or suggestion here)

Sincerely Crackberry

06-17-11 06:30 AM
    ^^^ this. Let me start an upen letter to them so we can give them some clues on how to run their company.

Dear mike and jim:

You know I love your company but your company is going down the tubes, here's what I suggest:

1. (insert your first critique or suggestion here)

Sincerely Crackberry

1. Stop making idiotic ideas. Instead of going after Apple's share of the market, how about you make your own?

Let's look back...

Ok, Blackberry, post blackberry storm, decides to create a brand new touch screen phone, the torch. Good idea, right? Well, what is a touch screen device competing directly against? The iphone. So why would you ever put it on the same carrier? Why not Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, ANYBODY besides ATT. This thought process just didn't make any sense at the time. It's like the company is trying to stare down Apple and say that they are better. This move, no matter what anyone says, was maybe the biggest mistake that they could have made in my opinion.

By doing this, you are completely cutting out the consumer market and going only for business users. I get it, but why do it?
    What consumer, for the most part, would ever choose a Blackberry Torch on ATT over the iphone? The sales numbers back that up.

Next, they basically looked at what Apple did, saw it's success, and said hey, let's make a Blackberry Tablet! The results of this decision aren't complete yet, but the early indication was that it hasn't been a huge success. Who knows what will happen here.

If I was running the company, I would have never released the Torch on ATT. Why not Verizon? Can you imagine the sales of that? Verizon customers were dyinnnggggg for a good touchscreen phone. The Torch would have gotten a whole lot more customers into 2 year contracts with Blackberry if they had released it on big red.

Sorry for the rant, this was just a decision I questioned for a long time.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-17-11 06:59 AM
    Ok, I'm going to ignore my own advice to myself and weigh in here anyway.

Anyone who's read any of my ramblings knows that I am a BlackBerry fan and I still have faith in RIM to pull through this tough time in decent shape. But after yesterday's performance, even my confidence is wavering.

What in particular has shaken my faith is Lazaridis' response to the questioning of the dual-CEO structure: "We work very closely together, and I don't know where all these things are coming from. The thing you have to understand is that this is fun." Sorry, but even to the perennial optimist such as myself, this is the personification of Nero fiddling while Rome burns to the ground.
    I'm not saying that RIM is as good as dead and buried, but these guys' inability and/or unwillingness to acknowledge why people are concerned with the company's outlook strongly suggests that they are simply oblivious to the world outside of Waterloo. It's like the American auto execs in the 80's who were complete aghast when they left Detroit and saw that everybody was driving imports and not their cars. What these guys really need to do NOW is at least state that they understand the criticisms and questions, and explain why the dual-CEO model will work going forward, and stop leaning on what they managed to accomplish in the past. The fact that they can't/won't do that has me seriously questioning their ability to keep the ship afloat and heading in the right direction.

This isn't the past, this is now, with a whole new information and technology landscape and some extremely capable and fierce competitors that weren't there 5-10 years ago. Guys, it's time to p00p or get off the pot; there's been nothing but squirming and groaning and the promise of 'here it comes' for far too long now.

All that being said, I am still a satisfied customer, I am still anxiously awaiting the new OS7 phones, and I still have no desire for my next phone to be anything other than a BlackBerry.

06-17-11 08:44 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD