This needs to be bumped periodically.

Jim - I'm in awe of your strength,

Best of the world to you.
    I usually bump the thread once a year, that's just to give folks a chance to read it.
    02-27-13 04:12 PM
    Well, everyone, time to update my thread as P.C. year 15 is fast approaching. I see we have other members who have been affected by this illness, and as part of that community, I do what I can to support them, as well.

The last year's has been wild, with one daughter getting married, and today she sent me images of her sonogram, as she is currently carrying our 10th grandchild, due in late July or early August. Some of you have seen the wedding pictures I posted in the 500K thread back in October.

The oldest boy completed his school requirements, and will cross the stage later this year. I'm a little grayer, at least in the facial hair. Hard to believe that 15 years has passed seemingly in the bat of an eye.

To anyone reading my story, thank you. I hope it inspires someone, gives them hope that life is all too short, and to appreciate the gifts we have in each other. Make it count.
    clickitykeys and Intense Soul like this.
    01-09-14 11:25 PM
    wow what a milestone to pass. I'm coming up on my 2 year cancer free date in April. I was diagnosed with stage 3c colon cancer in April 2012, had surgery april 27 and went through 6 months of chemo and 31 radiation treatments. Gives you a different outlook on life.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-09-14 11:46 PM
    Love reading this milestone thread! What courage and strength to all survivors. Wish my mom had been one of them
    You guys are an inspiration....
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-10-14 07:37 AM
    And in a few years, you will look back on your pre-cancer life with some wonder, and maybe how your life is different, now. Glad you're still with us!
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    01-10-14 12:46 PM
    Love reading this milestone thread! What courage and strength to all survivors. Wish my mom had been one of them
    You guys are an inspiration....
    Your loss is shared, because you shared. I wish all stories could have a happy ending.
    01-10-14 12:57 PM
    After reading your story, I'm giving it the 'bump' it deserves. I think this is a 'must read' for any one thinking they are having a tough day. Thanks so much for sharing and I'm happy for you and your family!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-06-14 03:18 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD