I am amazed at how many people that I know that don't watch this show or say that they tried but didn't find it funny.
    This is one of my all time favorite shows and wonder what my other BB friends think of it. It is like all other shows, the more you get to know the characters, the better it is. I also believe that the writing for the show is has progressively gotten batter.
    What do you all think?
    04-20-10 03:18 PM
    I also believe that the writing for the show is has progressively gotten batter.
    What do you all think?
    Mmm...cake.

Seriously though. This is one of my favorites, too. I remember when I first saw previews of it I thought it looked really dumb. I'm really glad I gave it a chance. This & How I Met Your Mother are the two shows that can really make me laugh out loud.
    04-23-10 02:42 PM
    Its so fake to me. So I can't stand it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 02:49 PM
    The Big Bang Theory is one of the dumbest shows EVER. The things that pass
    for comedy these days is very troubling.
    04-23-10 03:46 PM
    I love that show, it is hilarious!!!!!
    04-23-10 05:20 PM
    I also believe that the writing for the show is has progressively gotten batter.
    What do you all think?
    I would GREATLY disagree!!
    I really enjoy the Show. don't get me wrong one of the few shows I watch, but the writing beyond the first season is no where near what it was, it has been greatly dumbed down for the general public, and the story lines are not nearly as good as they were.

Jim Parsons should so have won the Emmy for his roll as Shelden Cooper in the first season the character development and stories were awesome

The Big Bang Theory is one of the dumbest shows EVER. The things that pass
    for comedy these days is very troubling.
    NOT EVEN CLOSE to the dumbest show ever.
    I could go on a Rant like that of Peter Griffin in Family Guy S4E1 and list shows far far worse than BigBang Theory, but I digress I think I'd run out of battery power on my laptop before I went through just the ones in the last 5 years.
    04-23-10 07:39 PM
    Sorry deRusett. The Big Bang Theory is the "Plan 9 From Outer Space" of comedy.
    It is simply mind numbingly horrible.
    04-23-10 09:10 PM
    I agree with AG. I don't even understand the story line. It's so ridiculously dumb.
    04-25-10 09:54 PM
    Sorry deRusett. The Big Bang Theory is the "Plan 9 From Outer Space" of comedy.
    It is simply mind numbingly horrible.
    Nice name drop.

I'd say Plan 9 is much funnier than the show however.
    04-26-10 08:40 AM
    I look forward to seeing this every Monday
    04-27-10 12:45 AM
    I was having a discussion about this Show last night, it seems those of us that like it, ALL had done Engineering, Math, Physics, or Computer Science in University, and we get chuckles out of the social interaction as we know former classmates, and colleges that are slightly less sensationalized versions of the main characters.

So I pose this to those that do NOT enjoy the show.

Did you take or live with anyone taking one of the high math degrees in University?

I am a fan of the placement humour as well, little things they have around the house products I own, such as the shower curtain. trinkets off of ThinkGeek :: Stuff for Smart Masses add to the appeal of the show for me, the writers did do some research and the stage designers added elements you would find in many of the homes of like minded people.
    I'm not saying the Show is comic gold, far from it, but it has great entertainment value, far more so in the first season before the dialogue started to be dumbed down.
    04-27-10 07:34 AM
    I love this show too, but we are tied up with 24 and Gossip Girl so I only get it once in a while.

One reason for me to watch:

She's so cute. And I guess I identify with the Star Trek/Geek culture that Sheldon embodies. Oh and the pot brownies/camping episode, that was so hilarious......
    04-27-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD