After 3 years of being on other forums and reading the BGR one, I have to say I'm so upset with them. They really are Anti-blackerry and keep harping on the company.

I do agree there are issues with releases of devices but honestly they support apple like a loyal dog reporting everything Apple does as great.

Last I checked

- Apple has a proprietary application to load their software - sounds like Windows who got the anti-trust suit in Europe
    - Apple rather than focus on their product spend a lot of time putting down others - remember the death grip
    - Apple change their devices and updates faster than we change seasons - os updates, phone updates

Apple does have a good product but so does RIM, HTC, Motorola, Nokia or Microsoft - why do they keep putting RIM down over all the rest???!!!!

In any case BGR has me so upset I'm at the point of never going back. Has anyone else felt this way or do you think I'm being too critical of them?
    07-23-11 11:08 PM
    BGR is not one of the more balanced sites when it comes to technology reporting in my opinion. At the end of the day, they are like any other media outlet, be it newspaper, tv, online - they are only after advertising revenue. The more hits to the site, the more money they make. By being controversial, even if they are wrong (think back to the story about RIM discontinuing the wifi Playbook last week) they attract readers.
    ssb16 likes this.
    07-23-11 11:23 PM
    it is what it is. don't take the internet too serious. everyone is entitled to their opinion. if thats what BGR likes what to do, so be it. all the harping and griping about RIM is either entertaining to some or a just another day on the web.
    ssb16 likes this.
    07-23-11 11:26 PM
    - Apple has a proprietary application to load their software - sounds like Windows who got the anti-trust suit in Europe
    There's a big difference between a company controlling the software on devices sold by other manufacturers and even making it more difficult for other software makers to add software to those devices (MS) and a company controlling the software on its own devices (Apple).

- Apple rather than focus on their product spend a lot of time putting down others - remember the death grip
    Hmmm. Other than the "death grip," and the old "Get a Mac" ads (which have been off the air for over two years), Apple doesn't put down other companies all that much. In fact, none of the iPod/iPhone/iPad commercial ever even mentioned other products.

- Apple change their devices and updates faster than we change seasons - os updates, phone updates
    Yes, one new iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad a year is "faster than we change seasons." Right. As for software, it's not like they're nickel and diming people with all those free iOS and 10.x.x updates.

You're free to be as critical as you want, but it's more effective if you use actual facts instead of just making things up, especially when your post begins with a criticism of BGR. Oh, the irony.
    07-23-11 11:35 PM
    If a dog is peeing on the wall, he isn't committing vandalism, he's just being a dog.

People can lose objectivity when crossing the border of fanaticism. Every device has its strengths and weaknesses. Some are perceived, some are real.

I've had my moments, but like a good wine, have tempered with age, but still have a kick where it counts.

But some people try to hold on to the bitterness, which can sour the taste for others. BGR seems to be one of those.

Don't take it wrong, just let their criticism roll off your back.

And besides, when someone puts themselves out as a boy genius, you think they rerally care about the input/opinions of anyone but themselves?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ferretling and ssb16 like this.
    07-23-11 11:43 PM
    I guess this article written two years ago is also part of the "bias"

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-read-257932/

What happened to Research In Motion and where are they going?

The "dog" of this story is RIM. The founder of BGR predicted RIM's demise two years ago trying to get them to turn around. He was a blackberry fan until RIM's continued arrogance deterred him onto other devices. Actually, he sounds like many other people on this board, a scorned lover, if you will.
    K Bear, howarmat and ssb16 like this.
    07-24-11 12:59 AM
    it is what it is. don't take the internet too serious. everyone is entitled to their opinion. if thats what BGR likes what to do, so be it. all the harping and griping about RIM is either entertaining to some or a just another day on the web.
    Agreed. Everyone has their own agendas

ssb16 likes this.
    07-24-11 01:59 AM
    Screw BGR and Apple, IMO....I have voiced my opinions enough.

Just gonna leave it at that anymore. Tired of their bias and tired of the seemingly Holy Grail of Apple.

Nothing could get me to go back to the sheeple...nothing.

ssb16 likes this.
    07-24-11 02:03 AM
    I honestly don't even go to GBR anymore, haven't in a while. Yes, they have their opinion, one I don't always agree with but that's how they roll and I don't care to read it. It's pretty easy to avoid the site all together.
    As I've said before... opinions are like bumholes... we all have one.
    ssb16 likes this.
    07-24-11 02:12 AM
  10. T
    What's BGR? Anyway, that's how I see it.

ssb16 likes this.
    07-24-11 09:08 AM
    definate bias there, but you have to admit the comments section is amusing. I kinda miss the fan boy fights on these forums. It is so uptight here these days. I do understand this site is meant to be informational and educational, but those trolls can be quite entertaining.

07-24-11 12:24 PM
    Just stop going there. I stopped. They make their money off hits and advertising. If you don't go that is one less hit. Whenever they post a story rather than someone posting a link, just copy and paste the entire story without the link so people get to read the content, but they don't get their hits. Everyone is down on RIM right now, but Geller seems to be extra down, Epstein seems more neutral. If you have looked at the discussions on a RIM article their is a mob of Apple fans and Fandroids that thrive on bashing RIM (much like the clowns who show up here and bash RIM daily) in the discussions section, so some of what Geller is doing probably has to do with chumming the waters to get more hits and more bucks. If something is important about Blackberry it will be posted here in the news. Let Geller continue to be Jobs' sperm dumpster so he keeps getting invited to Apple events, because if he says anything bad he won't be invited! That's how Apple and Jobs does business.
    ssb16 likes this.
    07-24-11 12:36 PM
    I like reading BGR. I think very few sites post positive BB reviews anymore. I also think most of you hating them are biased for BB and your choice of phone. They do lots of positive Android, iOS and even some Windows Phone review. Accusing them of only showing positive reviews for iOS is crazy.

Most of the hate here is childish and defensive. Let the flaming begin.
    ADGrant and K Bear like this.
    07-24-11 12:57 PM
    It's economics. Geller got his reputation because he could get access to unannounced devices. Those days are long gone and most of his articles are coming from other sources. So he's left with "inside sources" articles (which routinely end up being false rumours) and RIM bashing.

He used to write one negative article on RIM every few months, but once his site was bought he needed to drive page views to get the advertising up. The only thing that got him press was the RIM bashing because that's what the media in the US wants to hear. So he started dropping weekly articles and generally making up stories to get the attention.

The need to drive page views is the same reason Engadget lost most of their writers. These blogs are owned by bigger companies and those companies need revenue to cover their costs. He's just a tool of the machine...and a tool.
    07-24-11 01:08 PM
    There's a big difference between a company controlling the software on devices sold by other manufacturers and even making it more difficult for other software makers to add software to those devices (MS) and a company controlling the software on its own devices (Apple).
    Hmm let's see Microsoft allows you to use Itunes, Realplayer, GOM etc. Microsoft allows you to use Google, Firefox etc and they get sued for it. Apple ships with itunes, iphoto etc.... You can't add music to it unless you use itunes, you can't switch on an ipad unless you have itunes and so on....so I wonder who is being more proprietary but then again let's not point fingers at Apple and just do it to Microsfot, RIM and all others. Don't dare touch the sacred Apple.

Hmmm. Other than the "death grip," and the old "Get a Mac" ads (which have been off the air for over two years), Apple doesn't put down other companies all that much. In fact, none of the iPod/iPhone/iPad commercial ever even mentioned other products.
    Other than they went after RIM in the news claiming they have better products, other than making statements on Google, Microsoft etc yes you are right they really only focus on themselves rather than Apple. Yes you are so right gosh I must be reading MADE UP NEWS when I see comments made. I guess its foolish of me to say that they should just talk about their own products not others.

Yes, one new iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad a year is "faster than we change seasons." Right. As for software, it's not like they're nickel and diming people with all those free iOS and 10.x.x updates.
    Good point here one a year makes sense to me, I mean if you pay $300 you should just budget it every year for an iphone. I'm the type of user where I don't rush to buy anything and everything new. I like to wait for updates, stability and a few reviews...usually I wait 6-8 months (I updated my bb over 2.5 years waiting a little rather than jumping).

I mean when the ipad came out I was about to buy one for my wife and fork out $800 but luckily I read the blogs and they said to wait for the ipad2. I waited and lucked out but some of my friends who didn't know about the new ipad got screwed out of it. I guess i'll tell them that its normal to see this and they should just budget ANOTHER $800 for the pieces missing in the first device.

I totally agree with you there budget money EVERY YEAR for a new apple device - make TOTAL sense to me.

You're free to be as critical as you want, but it's more effective if you use actual facts instead of just making things up, especially when your post begins with a criticism of BGR. Oh, the irony.
    Sorry didn't mean to MAKE things up...next time I'll send you a pm and ask you for your opinion so that it can be mine. By the way make sure you budget some funds aside for the new iphone, ipad3 and the mac book and do it every year and don't forget to read BGR as they will be sure to tell you how wonderful your devices will be once they are outdated in 1 year as you say! Oh and I forgot don't forget your FREE updates (which you didn't pay for in the devices)

So to end my sarcasm...thanks for your invaluable input it changed my life for sure and definitely my opinion!
    Last edited by ssb16; 07-24-11 at 02:09 PM.
    07-24-11 02:07 PM
    BGR is not one of the more balanced sites when it comes to technology reporting in my opinion. At the end of the day, they are like any other media outlet, be it newspaper, tv, online - they are only after advertising revenue. The more hits to the site, the more money they make. By being controversial, even if they are wrong (think back to the story about RIM discontinuing the wifi Playbook last week) they attract readers.
    Totally agree, I've seen the controversy now for 3 years and I was at a stage where I started to think badly about RIM. Thank goodness I came to my senses.
    07-24-11 02:10 PM
    Just vote with your mouse. If their current bias cost them hits, they will have to change or die.
    07-24-11 02:24 PM
    I honestly don't even go to GBR anymore, haven't in a while. Yes, they have their opinion, one I don't always agree with but that's how they roll and I don't care to read it. It's pretty easy to avoid the site all together.
    As I've said before... opinions are like bumholes... we all have one.

Yeah, me either.

Wait....wtf is GBR?
    07-24-11 02:53 PM
    Yeah, me either.

Wait....wtf is GBR?
    Ha, nice catch... obvious typo.. my bad. It was very late last night when I posted.
    07-24-11 03:10 PM
    Ha, nice catch... obvious typo.. my bad. It was very late last night when I posted.
    Tee-Hee....
    07-24-11 03:40 PM
    07-24-11 10:29 PM
    Trolling is rampade oh let's make a new account and put down the iPhone.

scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-24-11 11:41 PM
    Trolling is rampade oh let's make a new account and put down the iPhone.

Exactly. They just open an account to start a thread about how much they dislike BGR and Apple. Pure comedy. And then all the other "geniuses" just going along because it fits within their paranoia that everyone is against RIM when in actuality everything got, they have deserved. They got good press when everything was great. And they are getting bad press because everything isn't so great. Everything is warranted. Now, some do go overboard with criticism but nothing more overboard then the people who blindly hate everything about companies that aren't RIM. Just hating for the sake of being a hater. In the end, it's just jealousy and envy.
    phonejunky likes this.
    07-25-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD