Tomorrow I'll be taking my 3 year old bunny to the vet to see why he has suddenly lost the ability to use his hind legs. I do really hope that this is nothing major and that it can be reversed.

Please pray for him.
    01-31-11 02:35 AM
    Best wishes for your bunny!
    01-31-11 08:44 AM
    please pray for my Bunny too...her legs don't match the skin tone of her arms and it is very embarrassing for her. thank you...
    01-31-11 04:31 PM
    They're tights... grrr.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 04:41 PM
    hope all goes well for ur lil bundle of bunny joy..he's a fattie and a cutie!
    01-31-11 05:42 PM
    Best wishes for your bunny.

But I've gotta say, in that thumbnail pic, your bunny has this guilty, surprised look on it's face.
    What was it doing when you took the picture?
    01-31-11 10:29 PM
    Best wishes for your bunny.

But I've gotta say, in that thumbnail pic, your bunny has this guilty, surprised look on it's face.
    What was it doing when you took the picture?
    He was ripping apart a flyer that I left on the sofa (which explains the torn paper on the bottom left hand corner in the thumbnail). He's a little troublemaker.

01-31-11 10:36 PM
    Best wishes to bunny as I sit in the emergency animal hospital at midnight because my poor lil ferocious (not) Rottweiler hurt her leg playing in the snow.

01-31-11 11:20 PM
    Love ya bunny! I know the vet trip wasn't fun >_< (temp check ), but you will get all better soon
    02-02-11 02:22 AM
    Hope the bunny gets well. It could be possible nerve damage.

02-02-11 06:02 AM
    so what's up doc?
    02-02-11 07:25 AM
    Yeah, what happened with that scwewy wabbit?
    02-02-11 10:12 AM
    Oh sorry to have taken so long on an update:

I took Bunny to the vet and after the doctor took a quick look at his x-rays and examined him attempting to hop, he suspected there could be some spinal injury. Just to be sure, he sent the x-rays to the radiologist and I'm waiting for him to give me a call back with their diagnosis.
    For the moment he gave me a non steroidal anti-inflammatory called Metacam to give Bunny once a day and see if there's any sign of improvement within 5 days. If there is no sign of improvement, he will prescribe a steroidal anti-inflammatory, pending Bunny passes some bloodwork because steroids may cause substantial side affects in rabbits.

Hopefully the damage can be reversed, and he can get back to causing trouble again. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the good wishes.

02-02-11 01:34 PM
    Best wishes to bunny as I sit in the emergency animal hospital at midnight because my poor lil ferocious (not) Rottweiler hurt her leg playing in the snow.

Ouch. What's her condition?

02-02-11 01:35 PM
    Hmmm... I won't tell you what my family does with our pets if they're sick like that.
    Let's just say it's cheaper than a vet visit.
    02-02-11 07:49 PM
    Ouch. What's her condition?

She was given pain killers and muscle relaxants. The next day she was very lethargic and not herself at all. The next day she back to her old self just with a limp. We will monitor the limp and continue meds. She is having her teeth cleaned and a lump removed in two weeks, if not better by they, they will dp xraysn blood work and some exploratory things while she is under. She might need a PT job, this stuff adds up, . Hope bunny responds well to first round of meds!

02-02-11 10:43 PM
    Hmmm... I won't tell you what my family does with our pets if they're sick like that.
    Let's just say it's cheaper than a vet visit.
    Like most families did when I was growing up. I swear as a kids vets worked in one of three places: the zoo, a farm or a university. Atleast where I am from, there is practically one in every neighboorhood.

02-02-11 10:45 PM
    moonchrie, that's a cutie. Hope da bunny gets hoppin' soon.

Envied, we need pics dang it, or the prayers never happened! Had a dog once who got hurt in a crazy circus stunt. He played it up for 6 months, before I caught him, and his sudden return to full health was nothing short of a miracle.
    02-03-11 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD