I guess I need help understanding. How was that salesperson, wrong?
    It is an obsolete OS. Just because we are still using it does not mean it's relevant anymore. .
    The employee is wrong because his employer had engaged an agreement with RIM to have this radio ad that promlted both BlackBerry AND his employer.

It had nothing to do with the merits of BlackBerry. Remember this was DC. BlackBerry is the ONLY phone acceptable for some agencies. BlackBerry would like them to upgrade from their 4 year old phones. The current BB are a vast improvement over the old ones.
    07-05-12 11:05 PM
    iPhone is definitely a richer experience than the text based blackberry email. Desktop class I think they call it. It also formats HTML mail properly. Superior in what respect would be my question.
    I have one and would ask the same question.
    07-05-12 11:14 PM
    Salespeople not recommending BlackBerrys? What else is new?

They probably don't want to deal with people coming back and whining about how they aren't getting BB10 or how their favorite apps aren't in app world. These are employees who are trying to make a lasting sale and there's nothing wrong with them giving advice.
    07-05-12 11:25 PM
    There's ways around the derelict complaints department employee who might shred the letter or delete the email. Just google the higher-ups (ceo, etc) and address the letter to them personally. Send it even certified, signature and return receipt requested. That takes it to a new level and bypasses the complaints department flunky. The letter will get noticed. As I said, I'm always pleased to mess with that types' livelihood, even to take food out of their brats' mouths.
    Geez, Tonis. It's a phone, fer god's sake. You'd threaten someone's livelihood and the providing for their family during this economy over a perceived slight to your phone's brand?? Good god.
    07-05-12 11:26 PM
    Yes. No job or money? Maybe there's an app for that.
    07-05-12 11:35 PM
    i get the same email formating on my bb as my gf does on her iphone. iphone screen just bigger, thats all.
    All of your picture attachments download and aren't "turn taunted due to size"?
    07-05-12 11:35 PM
    Every Blackberry I've ever had asked me if I'd like to download the pictures even with that set to do so automatically. And even then the emails aren't properly formatted.
    07-05-12 11:41 PM
    Every Blackberry I've ever had asked me if I'd like to download the pictures even with that set to do so automatically. And even then the emails aren't properly formatted.
    this was pretty much what got me to move to explore other platforms. for all the strengths blackberry actually has, i would consider it the worst email currently offered on smartphones, and generally confused why it's made to sound like it's an exceptional feature.
    07-05-12 11:43 PM
    Yes. No job or money? Maybe there's an app for that.
    Chill the F out. It's a salesperson doing his job. He doesn't have to love every item his store sells. He's just trying to help people make the right choice.
    07-05-12 11:43 PM
    Chill the F out. It's a salesperson doing his job. He doesn't have to love every item his store sells. He's just trying to help people make the right choice.
    I was just answering the question. You "chill the F out."
    07-05-12 11:59 PM
    I was just answering the question. You "chill the F out."
    I'm not the one suggesting to attempt getting an employee fired because he doesn't like my smartphone of choice. If a salesperson has a different opinion then ignore him. There's no need to be an @$$hole and whine to his manager because his opinion hurts your feelings.
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-06-12 12:23 AM
    I'm not the one suggesting to attempt getting an employee fired because he doesn't like my smartphone of choice. If a salesperson has a different opinion then ignore him. There's no need to be an @$$hole and whine to his manager because his opinion hurts your feelings.
    What about the 5000 loosing their jobs? You must admit, that's partly because of salesmen like him, trying to turn a customer that came in looking for a BlackBerry specifically.
    genericscissors2 likes this.
    07-06-12 12:34 AM
    What about the 5000 loosing their jobs? You must admit, that's partly because of salesmen like him, trying to turn a customer that came in looking for a BlackBerry specifically.
    And then the salesmen could blame RIM for not releasing a device worth recommending. It's a never-ending blame game. Most of these salespeople are part-time college students in their early twenties. They aren't singlehandedly responsible for RIM employees losing their jobs.
    brucep1 likes this.
    07-06-12 12:45 AM
    And then the salesmen could blame RIM for not releasing a device worth recommending. It's a never-ending blame game. Most of these salespeople are part-time college students in their early twenties. They aren't singlehandedly responsible for RIM employees losing their jobs.
    No no no, the customer came in looking to buy a BlackBerry. The salesman just had to sell him one, but no.
    07-06-12 12:49 AM
    No no no, the customer came in looking to buy a BlackBerry. The salesman just had to sell him one, but no.
    Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying. But the salesperson was only suggesting something that, in his opinion, was a better choice. If he shows you his Android and you insist that you want a BlackBerry then I'm sure he won't hesitate to take your money. But there's no reason to get hostile with a salesman offering his opinion.
    07-06-12 12:57 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying. But the salesperson was only suggesting something that, in his opinion, was a better choice. If he shows you his Android and you insist that you want a BlackBerry then I'm sure he won't hesitate to take your money. But there's no reason to get hostile with a salesman offering his opinion.
    WTF? I have to insist to get a BlackBerry after I look at Android? This is crazy. The OP went in specifically asking for a BlackBerry, he did not ask for an opinion.
    genericscissors2 and bigbmc26 like this.
    07-06-12 01:50 AM
    WTF? I have to insist to get a BlackBerry after I look at Android? This is crazy. The OP went in specifically asking for a BlackBerry, he did not ask for an opinion.
    My point was that salesmen don't just say "Oh you want this? Here you go.", instead they make suggestions to sell a more popular product.

My grandma went into the Verizon store to upgrade her 4 year old flip phone after it took an unfortunate fall down the stairs. She went in looking for another old flip phone and she left with an iPhone 4. That's how sales work. Employees are encouraged to make suggestions like that.
    07-06-12 02:08 AM
    My point was that salesmen don't just say "Oh you want this? Here you go.", instead they make suggestions to sell a more popular product.

My grandma went into the Verizon store to upgrade her 4 year old flip phone after it took an unfortunate fall down the stairs. She went in looking for another old flip phone and she left with an iPhone 4. That's how sales work. Employees are encouraged to make suggestions like that.
    So he took advantage of your granny, aren't you mad about it?
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    07-06-12 02:21 AM
    i was in boston yesterday and i saw 7 blackberry smart phones an 2 playbooks!!!
    07-06-12 06:50 AM
    I don't know. I don't ignore either. I complain, too, and see nothing wrong with with taking steps and working toward getting the anti BlackBerry salesperson fired. Hit him where he'll feel it: in his wallet.
    07-06-12 07:37 AM
    This happens at Best Buy stores in NH also.

I was in one of the stores about 6 months ago and overheard a woman trying to upgrade her phone. When she told the salesperson that she wanted to upgrade her Blackberry to a newer model, the guy didn't do the whole "what will you be using it for, let's try to find the best fit for your needs" thing, he rudely told her that it was obsolete technology and that she should to buy an Android or iPhone.

She replied "I don't care, I like Blackberry and I want to stay with it"
    07-06-12 08:50 AM
    This happens at Best Buy stores in NH also.

I was in one of the stores about 6 months ago and overheard a woman trying to upgrade her phone. When she told the salesperson that she wanted to upgrade her Blackberry to a newer model, the guy didn't do the whole "what will you be using it for, let's try to find the best fit for your needs" thing, he rudely told her that it was obsolete technology and that she should to buy an Android or iPhone.

She replied "I don't care, I like Blackberry and I want to stay with it"

I heard similar from BB last Time I was in there. I shut him down quick with that crap.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-06-12 10:23 AM
    Amazing to me that anyone would take such offence to the opinion of a sales rep. A lot of people go in wanting the easiest solution, if my mother came back from best buy after going 'shopping for a tablet' and came home with a Playbook, I'd return it for her, and give the sales rep an earful. You want people to have options and - FOR NOW - that isn't any Blackberry product. RIM had the lead in mobile and they blew it. Maybe they will get it back, maybe they won't, but when a sales person encourages someone to go with something that the market is favouring, they are doing their job. End of story.
    The problem with that is most sales people can't do their job because they are either misinformed or habitual liars that would do anything to make a sale. As far as my mom buying a playbook I'd have to say welcome to the club of which you obviously are not part of.
    07-06-12 10:29 AM
    Classy. Take joy in threatening someone's job because they bruised your cell phone ego. Yep, true class that is.

Also... I used to be the one who forwarded those letters to corporate for both Best Buy and Future shop. They aren't as powerful as you think they are.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Arguments can be made both ways. I say he should follow up with Best Buy. As a sales person your job is to be informative not opinionated. By bad mouthing a product that Best Buy sells the sales person is driving away a potential purchase and at the moment I don't think Rim and Best Buy are in a position to be pushing away customers. That being said, my last experience at Best Buy was excellent. My gf ditched her 4s and took advantage of the 9900 sale. The sales girl was suprisingly well informed on BB's and helped my gf get everything setup before she left. So I guess it depends on who you talk to at Best Buy.
    07-06-12 10:37 AM
    This is why I try to buy most of my electronics online. While there are a select few people working in electronics stores that actually do know what they're talking about, there's a lot more who "think" they are experts without having a clue what they're talking about. They usually assume that everyone walking into the store knows nothing about what they're buying, which tends to frustrate a lot of us who do the research and go into the store with our minds made up.

It's not unlike the reaction I get, as a woman, going into a hardware store knowing what I need to complete a project (I do a lot of carpentry), and having some young male employee try to tell me that I am not buying the right thing when I know full well that I am picking up exactly what I need. They will always try to sell me something they think is better, which is usually more expensive, when the option I have selected will do the job just fine for less money.

Same deal with phones. Yep, I realize there are other options but this is what I CHOOSE, now shut up and get it out of the case for me or I will find someone else who will more gladly separate me from my money.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-06-12 11:07 AM
128 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD