RIM limits your email in ways no other platform does. This limits the size of your emails and prevents you from getting large attachments. They get a kickback from the carriers for doing it because it limits the customers' use of data. So yes, in some ways Blackberry email is inferior, right now, today.
    OK carriers don't like RIM because of BIS charges but they love them because of email limits and kick backs.

So which is it?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-12 09:00 AM
    When I called Verizon to switch over service from my Rezound to my 9930, the rep was incredulous as to why I wanted to do such a thing. Then he actually started trying to give me tips on how to make my Android experience more enjoyable (and of course it was stupid basic stuff I've known for years). He asked me why I wanted to switch and I said "You're making it sound like I'm wanting to cancel my service. I'm not. Please help me switch phones." And left it like that. It was crazy. If I get my SGS3 before I acquire a 9850, THAT switch call will be pretty hilarious, I expect.
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    07-05-12 09:33 AM
    There's ways around the derelict complaints department employee who might shred the letter or delete the email. Just google the higher-ups (ceo, etc) and address the letter to them personally. Send it even certified, signature and return receipt requested. That takes it to a new level and bypasses the complaints department flunky. The letter will get noticed. As I said, I'm always pleased to mess with that types' livelihood, even to take food out of their brats' mouths.
    But then it just ends up on the CEO's secretary's desk, and she opens all his mail. And then she'll just send it back to the complaints' group via inter-office mail...
    07-05-12 09:36 AM
    I've had favorable results. I don't have that "can't fight city hall" mentality some here are trying to pass along.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    07-05-12 09:40 AM
    The fact is that "at this time" BlackBerry IS inferior to Driod and IOS ( and that includes email )...
    ...I've got a 9930 & an iphone 4s and the iphone walks all over the berry for email.
    ...Like truncated email OFTEN, can't open this, can't open that, etc.
    Is that still the case in OS7.1? I don't think I receive truncated emails.

When I get an email, as I scroll down it loads more. Ive never seen this as an issue. Is this a BES only thing?
    Last edited by shemaree09; 07-05-12 at 10:23 AM.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    07-05-12 10:02 AM
    Just go to Best Buy's main web page and leave a comment with Contact Us and explain salespeople in stores are being fanboys and girls
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-12 10:04 AM
    The Op's experience is nothing new, when I bought my first BB 2 years ago the best buy sales staff did everything in their power to steer me away from BB and to android.
    07-05-12 10:58 AM
    was he wearing skinny jeans?
    07-05-12 11:07 AM
    Get with the times dude...my emails contain all the nice pictures and links to websites...it's beyond the simple text email of yore that you remember
    i get the same email formating on my bb as my gf does on her iphone. iphone screen just bigger, thats all.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    07-05-12 11:09 AM
    RIM limits your email in ways no other platform does. This limits the size of your emails and prevents you from getting large attachments. They get a kickback from the carriers for doing it because it limits the customers' use of data. So yes, in some ways Blackberry email is inferior, right now, today.
    dont carriers make more money the more data you use, especially if you go over? the carrier may want to limit data usage on those subscribers with unlimited data, but most these days have a data cap.
    07-05-12 11:12 AM
    i get the same email formating on my bb as my gf does on her iphone. iphone screen just bigger, thats all.
    None of them format properly on mine but I'm also on BBOS6 which while not that old is still old.
    07-05-12 11:14 AM
    None of them format properly on mine but I'm also on BBOS6 which while not that old is still old.
    OMG...you should move to OS7.1 and use the app Email++
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-12 11:28 AM
    I just wish the Doom and Gloom crowd and the Pie in the Sky crowd would just call a truce already!!!!!

RIM is either going to get out a late but great BB10, or misstep again and possibly fail, we as a community have little or no control over that. What we can do is focus on coming together as a community and rededicating ourselves to CrackBerry's true mission, members helping members. That is answering questions, greeting newcommers, and being otherwise friendly and helpful!
    07-05-12 11:34 AM
    Is that still the case in OS7.1? I don't think I receive truncated emails.

When I get an email, as I scroll down it loads more. Ive never seen this as an issue. Is this a BES only thing?
    Email truncation has nothing to do with the OS. It is a function of BlackBerry Internet Service.

What is the maximum email message size when using a BlackBerry Internet Service account

Additional Information
    The 11 MB size limit includes overhead created by base64 encoding. After applying base64 encoding, the largest email message that can be sent using a BlackBerry Internet Service account is 8 MB. Multiple attachments are supported, however, individual attachments that exceed 8MB in size will be able to be viewed but unable to be downloaded to the BlackBerry Smartphone.

When an email message that is larger than 11 MB is sent to an email address that is associated with the BlackBerry Internet Service, the body of the email message will appear as:

Message truncated due to size.
    Laura Knotek and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-12 11:39 AM
    Salespeople will always push you towards the product with the highest margin for the company or personal commission for them, usually the latter if they are on commission.
    Err... Don't speak for me, and don't paint all with your biased brush thanks. I find out what the customer wants to use it for and recommend accordingly. I do not want to sell the wrong phone to the wrong person. I will forgo a bonus if it means I won't have to constantly deal with the headache of a frustrated customer.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-12 11:41 AM
    Err... Don't speak for me, and don't paint all with your biased brush thanks. I find out what the customer wants to use it for and recommend accordingly. I do not want to sell the wrong phone to the wrong person. I will forgo a bonus if it means I won't have to constantly deal with the headache of a frustrated customer.

It is definitely easier to provide a solution that meets the customers needs rather than force them down an unwanted path. Unless of course they want to use it as a hammer Then I would try to talk them out of it.
    07-05-12 11:50 AM
    There is no need to be upset.

Even if you personally are the most stellar customer service rep in all of recorded history, it doesn't make you inherently representative of all customer service people, especially where BlackBerry is concerned.
    07-05-12 11:57 AM
    I just wish the Doom and Gloom crowd and the Pie in the Sky crowd would just call a truce already!!!!!

RIM is either going to get out a late but great BB10, or misstep again and possibly fail, we as a community have little or no control over that. What we can do is focus on coming together as a community and rededicating ourselves to CrackBerry's true mission, members helping members. That is answering questions, greeting newcommers, and being otherwise friendly and helpful!
    Quoted for truth!! Cheers!
    pkcable likes this.
    07-05-12 11:57 AM
    I say more training is needed in these instances. It *should* be the rep's goal to provide fair and unbiased advice that is FACTUALLY BASED. The rep should LISTEN to the customer regarding what they indivdually need and want out of a mobile device they will be using for the next couple years (typically). Frankly, and unfortunately, I don't think a lot of these people get paid enough to give two sh*ts about what they're selling to whom.
    07-05-12 12:06 PM
    A lot of stores are like that.
    When I went to get my Curve 3G last year at Radioshack he kept asking if I was "sure I wanted to switch to Blackberry" >_>

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-05-12 12:47 PM
    irrespective of India or Nigeria, and irrespective of RIM's current position, i feel blackberry is great brand and 9900 is a superb device.
    07-05-12 12:52 PM
    OP, hammer away. Send the letters certified. The legal department will probably see them first.
    07-05-12 12:58 PM
    I have no problem recommending and selling RIM products to customers if it's best for what they want to do. I still sell a lot of BB products. But if a customer is looking for apps that I know aren't available on BBs, I will tell them so.

Some of us recommend based on interviewing a customer and what best meets heir requirements. We do still exist. Lol

07-05-12 12:58 PM
    OP, hammer away. Send the letters certified. The legal department will probably see them first.
    What exactly is the op actually complaining about? How dare a sales clerk give an opinion that the op personally doesn't agree with?? What is best buy supposed to do? Tell sales clerks not to give personal opinions?
    07-05-12 01:25 PM
    Most of the comments here missed the whole point I was trying to make. A Blackberry ad on the Radio directs people to Best Buy. BUT, Best Buy is recommending NOT to buy the product.

To run such an ad, Blackberry has an agreement in place with Best Buy. Best Buy is clearly in breach of that agreement. Rim could/should take action. Will they?
    07-05-12 01:30 PM
128 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD