I was recently at a best buy store and a sales associate asked me "what kind of phone I was looking for?". So I said a bold 9900 why did I do that, she basically tried to talk me out of buying the phone saying things like RIM is going under, blackberry 10 will never make it to market, and that some stores have even stopped selling blackberry's. With retail associates like this how can rim ever dig themselves out and of the hole there in?
    07-06-12 11:53 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...kberry-733666/
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 07-06-12 at 11:58 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-06-12 11:56 AM
    Best Buy is hurting themselves with sales associates of this mentallity. Best Buy has lost a lot of quality works since they have little or no direct competion in their market. Best Buy will go out of business soon enough by hiring people like the one you encountered.
    07-06-12 11:59 AM
    One of the many reasons if Best Buy is not careful they may go the way of Cuircut City..... Worked retail for years and the first thing I learned is bad mouth no one... Usually comes back to bite you.....
    Blackberry_boffin likes this.
    07-06-12 12:21 PM
    So did you buy the 9900 or not?
    07-06-12 03:39 PM
    The correct answer is as follows: I'm pretty sure Best Buy will be out of business before RIM.

Which by the way, is likely to be true.
    07-06-12 04:14 PM
    post deleted
    This Story has been posted time and again... it is either a salesperson at a large Box Store or a salesperson at a Carrier's Retail store. These sales people are humans that have personal opinions about product that they have used, or from complaints from customers that have returned products (STORM single handedly destroyed RIM reputation with retailers) - they use their experience to help guide other customers. That is usually what we want from a sales person.

Maybe the fault isn't in the Sales People or the Store Management... but in the product!

Or you can go ahead and believe that Apple pays them to dis BB.
    dfb8085 likes this.
    07-06-12 04:19 PM
    post deleted
    No we are saying that bad sales people hurt businesses.
    07-06-12 04:20 PM
    I bought my from best buy and didn't hear a word and not one sound about crammin droids or apples down my throats

Hmm best buy dot com. WOOOOO.
    07-06-12 04:26 PM
    post deleted
    Physical keyboards... This isn't even about salespersons making recommendations. It's about a salesperson refusing to sell exactly what a potential customer is asking for. It's stupid. If I go to a car dealship saying I want to buy a sedan, I don't want to get talked into buying an SUV.
    07-06-12 04:32 PM
    Why is this thread in News & Rumors?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    kraski likes this.
    07-06-12 04:38 PM
    I was recently at a best buy store and a sales associate asked me "what kind of phone I was looking for?". So I said a bold 9900 why did I do that, she basically tried to talk me out of buying the phone saying things like RIM is going under, blackberry 10 will never make it to market, and that some stores have even stopped selling blackberry's. With retail associates like this how can rim ever dig themselves out and of the hole there in?
    Why do you allow the sales person to talk?

Customer: I need a BB 9900
    Salesperson: What about so and...
    Customer: ...Cut the crap and get me my Bold.

End of story.
    07-06-12 04:42 PM
    Aaaaah yes...Best Buy. This little alliteration is amusing because it is so untrue. The store now exists only for those who absolutely need something now. Otherwise, I don't really trust any of the sales people there.

Any talking about alliteration, the best one I ever made up on the spot was at a Pizza Hut: went something like, "I want a Pepperoni Personal Pan Pizza with a Pitcher of Pepsi on the Patio". I was proud of myself, no one else seem to care. So goes life.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    07-06-12 04:42 PM
    I've had some good experiences with sales people at Best Buy and I've had bad ones. I guess people are just people at the end of the day.

I even wrote about how helpful a manager and a sales person was about a week ago when I was buying something. Too bad most people only mention a sales person when they need to complain about them.
    07-06-12 04:46 PM
    I did buy the blackberry bold 9900 and I love it!
    07-06-12 05:14 PM
    The funny thing is Best Buy is probably one of the best places to buy a BlackBerry right now. I just ordered a 9900 (contract renewal) for $99. Contrast with T-Mobile's official upgrade price of $349.
    07-06-12 06:17 PM
    The funny thing is Best Buy is probably one of the best places to buy a BlackBerry right now. I just ordered a 9900 (contract renewal) for $99. Contrast with T-Mobile's official upgrade price of $349.
    True. I just renewed online at bestbuy.com and got a 9860 completely free.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    07-07-12 11:12 PM
    Why would any sales man recommend a blackberry..... Honestly what can you really do on a blackberry that can't be done 10 times better on an Android or Iphones?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Use sensitive apps such as banking apps with much less concern for security vulnerabilities.

I know, I know....until it happens to you it's not real. But your question was "what can you do..." and that's what I can do.

Not one single banking app on my Android, as much as I love it. Neither on my iPhone when I had it.
    07-08-12 05:50 AM
    Why do you allow the sales person to talk?

Customer: I need a BB 9900
    Salesperson: What about so and...
    Customer: ...Cut the crap and get me my Bold.

End of story.
    BINGO.

I remember back when I was married....heeeheee, that felt so good....that my ex was supremely embarrased when I would go off like that at stores. I'd come in looking for something, had researched it, knew what I wanted, and the store peeps would try to sell me something else. I did EXACTLY that...."I know what I want, I don't want to hear alternatives, get it to me or I will get it elsewhere and you won't get your commission....deal?!!?"

Did that with my Torch 9810 on launch day. Even had to tell the nimrod that yes, they did have them in white. Go get one. Which he did.

Damn he hated me....I know he thought I was rude....but that's the thing about women, if we're assertive we're considered rude, or worse....something that rhymes with witch but has a b at the beginning....
    07-08-12 05:57 AM
    That was a really dumb CSR lol. No matter what MY opinion of any carrier, device or thier rate plan...bottom line, "The Customer is ALWAYS right!" There was a Best Buy Sales Manager on Crackberry forums last year or so, and basically said, "We don't care what type of device or carrier you want...bottom line, we want you to leave WITH a device, even if it's a free non-smart phone or a $199.00 preimum device...the money itself is in the 2yr (or 3yr in Canada) contract YOU agree on that makes the carriers and Best Buy thier money. For all involved, the best sale is the non-smart phone freebies w/2yr contracts. IMO, some CSR's feel they know more than the customer, which is ignorant on thier part. CSR's: Keep you opinions and preverences to yourself...Just sell me what "I" want!, ok?
    07-08-12 07:54 AM
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...
    07-08-12 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD