11-15-08 11:36 AM
30 12
tools
    Did anyone else hear this story??

PETA sent a letter to Ben and Jerry asking them to use "human milk" (read: breast milk) instead of cow milk to make their ice cream products. Apparently a Swiss restuarnt owner made the switch recently and is using human milk about 75% of the time. PETA took notice and is now asking Ben and Jerry's ice cream to do the same! A Ben and Jerry's spokesperson said that they believe that breast milk is best for babies-not adults.
    09-25-08 07:15 AM
    I'm sorry, but when I first heard this, I was intrigued. Then I realized that PETA (in my opinion) is usually fighting on the side of the idiots...
    09-25-08 07:30 AM
    Umm I'm a nurse and pro-breast feeding... but thats disgusting... Who wants to eat someone else's bodily fluids? I don't think I will be eating ice cream for a while now.
    09-25-08 07:34 AM
    Now before we get into a huge argument (and please, don't let me stop us), I'm still not sure where I stand on this... But as I argued with my co-worker (playing Devil's Advocate), how is female human milk different from female cow milk? I mean, it's not like it's going to come out and get thrown straight into the vat of ice cream... There's going to be filtering and pasturization and such...
    09-25-08 07:42 AM
    Now before we get into a huge argument (and please, don't let me stop us), I'm still not sure where I stand on this... But as I argued with my co-worker (playing Devil's Advocate), how is female human milk different from female cow milk? I mean, it's not like it's going to come out and get thrown straight into the vat of ice cream... There's going to be filtering and pasturization and such...
    A mother's milk is made specifically for digestion in the human body. It's consumption of hormones, calories, fat etc is perfectly made for the babies digestive system. Cow's milk has to and should be processed and go through decontamination before it is consumed by humans and some humans can't even digest the sugar molecules in it (lactose intolerant).
    09-25-08 07:50 AM
    That is an excellent point...
    09-25-08 07:54 AM
    Thank you Jeff... Future Associate Professor here... (takes a bow)
    09-25-08 07:57 AM
    i just dont think i could enjoy it!!

one of my local radio stations was doing a contest to come up with the names of the new ice cream flavors!! they were funny! too bad it was too early to comprehend the names to remember them to share them!!
    09-25-08 12:28 PM
    The only thing that scares me is what women do they get the milk from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 01:23 PM
    The only thing that scares me is what women do they get the milk from?
    YES!
    and are they paying these women?
    and how much??
    09-25-08 02:43 PM
    Interesting last couple points. If it's "inhumane" for a cow to produce mass amounts of milk for human consumption, wouldn't it also be inhumane for a human to go through this process?
    09-25-08 02:51 PM
    Hey dont argue with PETA
    09-25-08 02:52 PM
    As long as it's Puff Daddy approved Cambodian breast milk...I guess it'd be ok.

09-25-08 03:04 PM
    As long as it's Puff Daddy approved Cambodian breast milk...I guess it'd be ok.

His name is not Puff Daddy, that's so 2001. It's Diddy.

And I have only had Ben & Jerry's once or twice. They can do what they want. As long as they don't screw with Breyers or Edy's I'm good.
    09-25-08 03:27 PM
    Braums is for me!

09-25-08 08:24 PM
    As long as they don't screw with Breyers or Edy's I'm good.

i do LOVE edy's!!
    french silk is soooo yummy!
    09-26-08 08:34 AM
    Braums is for me!
    OMFG! Someone else who is a Braum's crackhead! I MISS BRAUM'S! Waaaaa! Haven't been able to get ice cream that good since I moved out of Texas!
    09-26-08 09:13 AM
    I saw this and threw up in my mouth a little bit.... but yeah this is sooooooooo dumb of an idea!!

Anyone from TN/surrounding states had Mayfield's icecream/milk? It's to die for!!
    09-26-08 12:12 PM
    I read about this. I'm glad I'm lactose intolerant. No ice cream or milk for me anyway. But ewww... Peta can be very extreme at times.
    09-26-08 01:25 PM
    OMFG! Someone else who is a Braum's crackhead! I MISS BRAUM'S! Waaaaa! Haven't been able to get ice cream that good since I moved out of Texas!

I am so so sorry. I don't know what I would without my Braums.

09-26-08 06:24 PM
    I can see the headlines now PETA calls for stopping misteatment of cows hooked up to milking machines but is ok with female humans being hooked up to milking machines 24/7 to produce the milk needed to make icecream. LOL this is so absurd its funny. Seriously to make millions of gallons of icecream you litterallı would have to hook up human females 24/7 to some sort of milking machine and also they will all have to get pregnant. No only is it cruel from the milking aspect but what on earth would PETA expect to be done with all the kids that would be born from the process? You know I though PETA was evil before but I think this confirms without a shadow of doubt they are evil now. Seriously did they even think through the idea for more than a microsecond? I spent no more than 1 minute or less thinking the very thing I just posted.

09-29-08 12:38 AM
    So how is this swiss reasturant dude getting the milk? That's what I want to see.
    11-14-08 10:20 PM
    That's freakin nasty. That's the kind of crap you'd see steve-o and knoxville doing.

11-14-08 10:36 PM
    Hey why don't we just turn into cannibals.... Starting at human breast milk... then what's next.
    11-14-08 10:49 PM
    Oddly enough I worked for Ben & Jerry's distro center in Whitman, MA... After 3 months I was sick of ice cream and the cold.... But the cold was a relief from 100 degree temps since the freezers were at -20 to -30 temps.
    11-14-08 10:50 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD