I've been meaning to post this for a while, but finally found some time tonight. Like others, I've had the occasional hick-up with my Bold 9900 (Rogers). I looked to see if some apps could remedy the shorter than I'm used to battery life and reduce the number of times I needed to do a battery pull (bricking/nuking). The two apps that have provided me with more predictable performance and an early indication I was heading for problems are BeJoose and Battery Watch (I paid for BeJoose - no freebies here).

In short, after installing BeJoose, I've only had to do a battery pull once since I downloaded BeJoose on January 8th, 2012. My office is located in a poor reception area (I jump for joy if I get 2 bars of 4G glory), but more realistic is no signal to 1 bar of Edge.

What I thought was interesting was how the Battery Watch software showed the change in performance once I downloaded BeJoose. I've attached two images, not sure how this will work as it's my first time trying this, but in short, you'll see that on day 2 my battery was virtually dead by 8pm. Even on Sundays where my phone gets much lighter use and the signal is strong, the battery is almost toast by the end of the day.

Post BeJoose I got noticeably better performance. The days where the battery was depleted more quickly my use was very heavy on those days - combination of heavy phone use in a weak signal area with a combination of web surfing, BBMing and e-mails.

My only observation (call this a bit of an irritant), is that I noticed once I started using BeJoose, that my BBM Music app would pause for about 5-10 seconds every 4-6 songs. While I have no proof this is BeJoose related, it did not start happening until after I downloaded this app.

One other observation with battery watch. I did notice that on one specific day, my battery drain was very harsh even though my usage was light. That night my phone nuked, I lost everything, and had to re-install everything (didn't do back ups back then - I've learned my lesson). So if you can watch your battery usage via a graph, and you see the battery being used up particularly fast, might I suggest a battery pull to re-set your phone - as well as making sure you always back it up.

Hope this helps someone out there who may have experienced some of the same things I've gone through.
    ubizmo likes this.
    02-20-12 11:08 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. It's very helpful. Have you used Device Analyzer to compare average drain rates, before and after?
    02-21-12 07:24 AM