Wall Street Journal

Research In Motion: Analyst Starts Coverage With ‘Buy’ Rating. Seriously.

By Chris Dieterich

Reuters
    Macquarie started coverage of beaten-down Research In Motion today at “outperform” with a $40 target.

Wow. Really?

Here’s why: The firm says all the bears focus too much on eroding US market share, but North American revenue makes up less than a quarter of RIMM’s sales, and North American device revenue will make up only 13% of fiscal second-quarter revenue.

Therefore, “further pressure won’t have much impact on overall EPS,” firm says. But really it’s about international markets, which grew 86% last quarter, and those carriers will have incentives to promote RIMM vs. other smartphones moving forward, Macquarie says.

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2011...ing-seriously/

Yep I'm crazy .. crazy like a fox....what do you say now sourpusses and pessimists?? see you at the bank ha ha ha ha
    06-28-11 09:53 AM
    Yep I'm crazy .. crazy like a fox....what do you say now sourpusses and pessimists?? see you at the bank ha ha ha ha
    Nobody said I was a pessimist, I've been buying a bit of RIM myself because I don't see it going any lower. I don't see the share price going significantly higher until we start consistently hearing more good news coming out of Waterloo. I'm hoping that happens when the new phones get released (early, I hope).

I'm also going to hold my stance on YOU not being able to impact RIM's share price. You also didn't tell me where you be be for your beating, as RIM's share price was down when I made my post.
    06-28-11 10:21 AM
    I'm right here.. get out the clubs... so anyone else dropping by to see what this is all about - don't leave without a few nice things to say about your Playbook..
    Wait...
    Let me get this out of the way first:

It doesn't have native email, contacts (but if you have a BB phone you can access through bridge) It doesn't have BBM support, it doesn't have autocorrect and there aren't nearly as many apps as some "other" devices.

Ok now go.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-28-11 at 11:33 AM.
    06-28-11 10:35 AM
    Up to +.12% now.
    06-28-11 10:45 AM
    Up to .34% now - keep it up post buy post buy....
    06-28-11 11:32 AM
    Here's the deal. My opinion is that RIM stock has been undervalued because of shallow bad reviews by unqualified but high profile reviewers and general complaining about Playbook by trolls, a part of which have been intentionally placed. With this thread it can be simply proven or disproved.
    LMAO. Troll have existed before the PlayBook. Trolls existed before RIMs stock took the dive.

Your theories are ridiculous. If you honestly think trolling done on CB forums is playing part into the falling of RIMs stock, you are extremely foolish.

You do realize that the majority of people who own a BB do not even participate or even know about this site, right? Let's not even mention the investors. If you really feel these people are making professional decisions on stock based on forum posts, you are insane.
    OnTopic likes this.
    06-28-11 11:38 AM
    LMAO. Troll have existed before the PlayBook. Trolls existed before RIMs stock took the dive.

Your theories are ridiculous. If you honestly think trolling done on CB forums is playing part into the falling of RIMs stock, you are extremely foolish.

You do realize that the majority of people who own a BB do not even participate or even know about this site, right? Let's not even mention the investors. If you really feel these people are making professional decisions on stock based on forum posts, you are insane.
    yep! I am insane. And crazy like a fox...how's that iphone working out for ya? I notice its the iphone users that can't fathom the thought of RIM's success. Go away troll.
    06-28-11 11:43 AM
    yep! I am insane. And crazy like a fox...how's that iphone working out for ya? I notice its the iphone users that can't fathom the thought of RIM's success. Go away troll.
    How was he trolling? His comments were correct, unlike yours. Calling someone a troll does not make it so.
    avt123, xandermac, OnTopic and 1 others like this.
    06-28-11 11:55 AM
    Up to .34% now - keep it up post buy post buy....
    A fool and their money...
    1. You are a certified lunatic to think that the shares are rising because of a thread.
    2. If you are celebrating over a 0.34% rise in a stock, you have no idea what you're doing in the equities market.
    3. By the way, for sake of argument if you invested $10,000 in RIMM stocks, you've just made 34 dollars. Ah, forgot to minus brokerage and taxes.
    4. Read comments again, most people are optimistic about upside to the stock, whether it has bottomed out or not is debatable.
    5. Even if RIMM goes up, it has nothing to do with the thread. Get over it.
    6. Even dead cats bounce.
    avt123, howarmat and OnTopic like this.
    The iPhone is working great. Thanks for asking.

I can't fathom the thought of RIMs success? You have no clue who you are talking to. Back when I had my 9000 I was one of the biggest RIM advocate here. I still (silently) am. I want RIM to succeed. I want a QNX smartphone. I am not bashing RIM or trying to see them fail. That is just what you believe I am doing because I do not share your views so I am automatically trolling.

Dude I have been on this site since 2008. Before the troll came here. Don't call me a troll for questioning your irrational thought process. Sorry I find it foolish. That doesn't make me a troll.
    xandermac and SharpieFiend like this.
    How was he trolling? His comments were correct, unlike yours. Calling someone a troll does not make it so.
    Does wikipedias definition make it so?

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum

The guy is trying to pick a fight. He is making personal insults. I am ignoring him. Who is the troll?
    06-28-11 12:04 PM
    Does wikipedias definition make it so?

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum

The guy is trying to pick a fight. He is making personal insults. I am ignoring him. Who is the troll?
    No, it's actually YOU who is trying to pick a fight. All he did was make a comment on your ridiculous thread, in the same vein as the comments I have made. Does that make me a troll too?
    avt123 and xandermac like this.
    06-28-11 12:10 PM
    Yes. I started a fight because I questioned your logic.

How is it off-topic to question your reasoning behind the topic at hand?
    06-28-11 12:12 PM
    A fool and their money...
    1. You are a certified lunatic to think that the shares are rising because of a thread.
    2. If you are celebrating over a 0.34% rise in a stock, you have no idea what you're doing in the equities market.
    3. By the way, for sake of argument if you invested $10,000 in RIMM stocks, you've just made 34 dollars. Ah, forgot to minus brokerage and taxes.
    4. Read comments again, most people are optimistic about upside to the stock, whether it has bottomed out or not is debatable.
    5. Even if RIMM goes up, it has nothing to do with the thread. Get over it.
    6. Even dead cats bounce.
    Wow you guys are taking me that literally? I can pull your strings so easily.
    Maybe I will start a thread to promote world peace and end global warming lol.

Even certified lunatics wait more than two hours for their investments to flourish. Talk to me when it hits $40 in a few months and my $10,000 has made me $3000, 30 percent growth in three months and I will tell you about the opportunity you missed.

Some people just love to be negative, take no risks and go nowhere...sorry for you...
    06-28-11 12:12 PM
    Yes. I started a fight because I questioned your logic.

How is it off-topic to question your reasoning behind the topic at hand?
    Good for you, I hope you are proud and having a wonderful day. It is off topic because I am not the topic, as much as you are trying to make it so.
    06-28-11 12:13 PM
    No, it's actually YOU who is trying to pick a fight. All he did was make a comment on your ridiculous thread, in the same vein as the comments I have made. Does that make me a troll too?
    Yes. An antagonizer - keep it up you're helping me keep the thread fresh and at the top of the forum..
    06-28-11 12:15 PM
    Good for you, I hope you are proud and having a wonderful day. It is off topic because I am not the topic, as much as you are trying to make it so.
    I am not trying to make YOU the topic dude. Your intentional lack of reading comprehension is astounding. You are purposely not understanding what I am saying.

I am question your thought behind this thread. Your THOUGHT is the entire subject of this thread. How it will make RIMs stock go up. I am questioning that logic, not you as a person. How do you not understad this?
    06-28-11 12:16 PM
    I'll give this a bump to help blackjacks daycare fund.. I'm a giver..
    06-28-11 12:18 PM
    If my theory is true, then RIM's stock will rise with the honest positive feedback on playbook sans the same old gripes, and all of us can buy RIM stock at this low and get rich.
    You're a certified lunatic and your making yourself look pathetic. What was the point of the thread when you've decided to go against your theory now? No, wait. I don't even want to know because it's all BS from here on in. Done with this.
    06-28-11 12:20 PM
    Your thread is not working it seems, RIMM shares are down $.01.
    06-28-11 12:20 PM
    I'll give this a bump to help blackjacks daycare fund.. I'm a giver..
    thanks xander - knew I could count on you. Now don't give, BUY!
    06-28-11 12:21 PM
    I am not trying to make YOU the topic dude. Your intentional lack of reading comprehension is astounding. You are purposely not understanding what I am saying.

I am question your thought behind this thread. Your THOUGHT is the entire subject of this thread. How it will make RIMs stock go up. I am questioning that logic, not you as a person. How do you not understad this?
    OOO...kk...word parsing...but I'm still the subject .. oh wait my thoughts are the subject. Wow. I guess I'm just flustered by all the attention and obsession.... It's flattering. I guess. ...Dude. Yikes.

Anyway keep that stock going up guys! It's irritating the naysayers and trolls and sourpusses..he he he
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-28-11 at 12:28 PM.
    06-28-11 12:25 PM
    OOO...kk...word parsing...but I'm still the subject .. oh wait my thoughts are the subject. Wow. I guess I'm just flustered by all the attention and obsession.... It's flattering. Dude. Yikes.
    I give up. You will but a spin on anything and everything.

You made the thread. You are the OP. Your thought is the entire reason this thread exists. I don't know how you don't understand this.

Oh well.

Also, obsession? Not at all. You are giving yourself too much credit.
    06-28-11 12:29 PM
    wow. the blackberry user community has fallen to new depths.
    06-28-11 12:35 PM
    Off Topic and Closed. The forum focus is "Playbook" not stock manipulation and troll baiting.
    06-28-11 12:38 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD