Here's the deal. My opinion is that RIM stock has been undervalued because of shallow bad reviews by unqualified but high profile reviewers and general complaining about Playbook by trolls, a part of which have been intentionally placed. With this thread it can be simply proven or disproved.

There are two distinct categories of people in here. Those who do not regret their purchase and love their device of choice, and those who wish Playbook and RIM death.

Supporters of playbook and/or RIM will want this thread to be kept floating on top. The way to do that is to keep commenting, and likely your comments will be positive. Because of that, the trolls whiners and those that generally wish playbook and RIM death will not want this to be visible and thus will restrain from commenting.

If my theory is true, then RIM's stock will rise with the honest positive feedback on playbook sans the same old gripes, and all of us can buy RIM stock at this low and get rich. Or - do you want to risk NOT getting rich when you had the opportunity? It's easy - buy and post buy and post buy and post watch the ticker go up - the tail wagging the dog. Trolls, you can get in on this too, just try to say something nice for once.

Well it will be fun to watch anyway. Here goes!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-28-11 at 02:21 AM.
    06-28-11 02:16 AM
    My Playbook is sweet. It runs a super advanced operating system called QNX, fits in my back pocket, and girls everywhere want to touch it ;p
    06-28-11 02:32 AM
    My Playbook is sweet. It runs a super advanced operating system called QNX, fits in my back pocket, and girls everywhere want to touch it ;p
    Then perhaps you should consider fitting it in your front pocket
    06-28-11 02:41 AM
    im really deeply madly insanely in love with my PlayBook

i only switch on my laptop just to do my programming and server setup.. oter than that, PlayBook has took over...
    06-28-11 02:44 AM
    Bahahahahahahahahahhhaha...what a joke! Bahahahahahhaha...If you think that the reason why the stock is being heavily sold is because of Crackberry users reading threads, you are sadly mistaken.
    The derivative traders and hedge funds have billions of dollars worth in their arsenal and can manipulate the market if they wish. It has nothing to do with the small time investors lurking on the boards. IMO, the fundamentals and balance sheet of RIM is strong and at the current P/E, it presents a good buying opportunity. There is plenty of upside especially if the current price attracts takeover bids from competitors like Microsoft and Apple (cash reserve of $70B, RIM valued at around $15-20B) but if you think your thread has anything to do with the stock price, you are seriously dellusional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exzibit3; 06-28-11 at 04:02 AM.
    06-28-11 03:56 AM
    Bahahahahahahahahahhhaha...what a joke! Bahahahahahhaha...If you think that the reason why the stock is being heavily sold is because of Crackberry users reading threads, you are sadly mistaken.
    The derivative traders and hedge funds have billions of dollars worth in their arsenal and can manipulate the market if they wish. It has nothing to do with the small time investors lurking on the boards. IMO, the fundamentals and balance sheet of RIM is strong and at the current P/E, it presents a good buying opportunity. There is plenty of upside especially if the current price attracts takeover bids from competitors like Microsoft and Apple (cash reserve of $70B, RIM valued at around $15-20B) but if you think your thread has anything to do with the stock price, you are seriously dellusional.

Woah a voice of reason!!!

I own rim stock- and i have gone on record that in certainly has nothing to do with those two....gentlemen... running the show. Warren Buffett said to invest in companies that are so good that even an ***** can run them because sooner or later one will.... *ahem*

Stock prices are driven by perceived future earnings; the direction of a stock price is driven by the ratio of the jumber of people buying vs. the number of people selling. I doubt any investors.are logging into crackberry to make investment decisions.

What is causing ticker RIMM to drop in a free fall is that millions of investors and a few fund managers are watching the events unfold both in rim and its market, and come to the conclusion that in the future rim will pull in less and less earnings than they are now.

Money is emotionless. They dont do it because they hate rim. The market is simply saying "our confidence in rim's ability to generate earnings is declining."

No more, no less.

06-28-11 05:22 AM
    To the op - this thread is a joke and you're a clown, right?

Or is it earlier in the morning than I think it is?

xandermac likes this.
    06-28-11 05:29 AM
    My Playbook is fun.
    06-28-11 05:55 AM
    thumbs up!
    06-28-11 08:03 AM
    I think it will take more than a thread in a forum but good luck with that.
    06-28-11 08:10 AM
    I'd like to buy RIMM... Just not sure if its at bottom yet... Still more bad news before the good news... RIMM will survive and return to about 80% of there max stock value... Probably mid 2012 tho. Just my opinion.

06-28-11 08:12 AM
    wish moving a stock price was as easy as posting some positive thoughts on a user's group forum. i'd be rich by now instead of 40% down on one of my holdings(RIMM)
    06-28-11 08:23 AM

He may very well be but then your a poster who has actually put in his device list on his profile that you have returned a playbook...now whos the bigger clown or joke here??....
    06-28-11 08:35 AM
    wish moving a stock price was as easy as posting some positive thoughts on a user's group forum. i'd be rich by now instead of 40% down on one of my holdings(RIMM)
    So stop being a sourpuss and buy! Average your losses - it's working ... RIMM is up .04% keep going it's at the bottom of the trough and it's all the way up from here! Everyone that wasn't willing to stick it out has sold and the smart money is going into RIM. I just bought ten more shares.
    06-28-11 09:10 AM

NopE! Thread is for real (or take it as you wish) but the bigger clowns are the ones sitting on the sideline of this great opportunity! BUY BUY! If it goes down anymore I will sacrifice myself for a public beating. Just try it for a day and see if we can wag this dog....
    06-28-11 09:12 AM
    Only reason I would even consider dropping even a penny on RIMM stock is because there are rumors of a buyout.

Otherwise, forget about it.
    haimez likes this.
    06-28-11 09:14 AM
    Only reason I would even consider dropping even a penny on RIMM stock is because there are rumors of a buyout.

Why are you here? The hokies suck.

06-28-11 09:18 AM
    NopE! Thread is for real (or take it as you wish) but the bigger clowns are the ones sitting on the sideline of this great opportunity! BUY BUY! If it goes down anymore I will sacrifice myself for a public beating. Just try it for a day and see if we can wag this dog....
    No, someone like yourself will NOT influence RIM's share price by doing what you've stated. It just won't happen as you have absolutely NO influence over anything.

What WILL cause RIM's share price to go up are things like positive reviews and strong sales of the next gen phones. Good news out of Waterloo is the only thing that's going to help, there has been too much bad news there lately. Investors have pretty much written off the Playbook at this point, so it's all about the phones.

RIM's share price has already went down since you posted, so where are you going to be for your beating?
    06-28-11 09:19 AM
    Woah a voice of reason!!!

I own rim stock- and i have gone on record that in certainly has nothing to do with those two....gentlemen... running the show. Warren Buffett said to invest in companies that are so good that even an ***** can run them because sooner or later one will.... *ahem*

Stock prices are driven by perceived future earnings; the direction of a stock price is driven by the ratio of the jumber of people buying vs. the number of people selling. I doubt any investors.are logging into crackberry to make investment decisions.

What is causing ticker RIMM to drop in a free fall is that millions of investors and a few fund managers are watching the events unfold both in rim and its market, and come to the conclusion that in the future rim will pull in less and less earnings than they are now.

Money is emotionless. They dont do it because they hate rim. The market is simply saying "our confidence in rim's ability to generate earnings is declining."

No more, no less.

Yep you are right - it is "perceived future earnings" and what hurts the perception more than the user's reactions, reviews and feedback to their products?

The trolls have been in here and other forums on a campaign to change the perceived future earnings by starting RIM vs Apple threads and keeping the topic hot and at the top of the forums. I am fighting back with their own methods.

The market is simply saying "our confidence in rim's ability to generate earnings is declining." And why would confidence have been eroded? The perception of user dissatisfaction (returns of products, reviews, feedback in forums) etc.

You said yourself that investors are "watching the events unfold both in rim and its market" and what better source than crackberry for the latest news?
    This thread is an event. tell them what you think of the playbook, why you like it.

Lets give them a real perception from the satisfied users perspective, and not one intentionally distorted by trolls.

Money is emotionless? Tell that to the investors that pulled out of BP when there was an oil leak - the ones that pulled out of Toyota when there was an acceleration problem...the reaction to Sept 11 .. the poor reception of Playbook....and on and on... emotionless? Maybe to a sound investor, but how many are actually sound and not just basing decisions on reactions to panic? day traders , short sellers..."whim" investors...
    You decide, I'm buying more RIMM.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-28-11 at 09:40 AM.
    06-28-11 09:21 AM

What WILL cause RIM's share price to go up are things like positive reviews and strong sales of the next gen phones. Good news out of Waterloo is the only thing that's going to help, there has been too much bad news there lately. Investors have pretty much written off the Playbook at this point, so it's all about the phones.

RIM's share price has already went down since you posted, so where are you going to be for your beating?
    Yep Investors have pretty much written off the Playbook at this point.. which makes it the perfect time to buy :d They will soon realize the perception of the product has changed, and under pressure from the user community reviewers may have a second look as well since all of the O.S. improvements. It's as low as it's going to get for a while....and my ticker says it's gone up .05%

Why do people have so much trouble thinking positive and being optimistic? It must suck being them.

Don't write off playbook sales just yet - the military is having a look, corporations are watching to see if they should or when they should adopt it, and new international markets are just opening. I believe Playbook is a sleeper. But laugh and snicker all you want as I head off to the bank...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-28-11 at 09:31 AM.
    06-28-11 09:27 AM

Ok then start dropping pennies...everything helps.
    06-28-11 09:32 AM
    Warren Buffet never got rich by being a pessimist with a sour attitude and giving up on well established corporations with a good cash base just because their stock was low....in fact that is when he buys...(just a tip)
    06-28-11 09:33 AM
    There does seem to be very strong support at around the $28 level. Someone has been buying steadily at that price.
    06-28-11 09:37 AM
    RIM shares went from 65 to 28 in just four months. Do you gamble that it has reached the bottom, or do you gamble that it will continue this unprecedented slide?

I don't know, but its up to .5% now and rising....
    06-28-11 09:43 AM
    There does seem to be very strong support at around the $28 level. Someone has been buying steadily at that price.
    That would be me
    06-28-11 09:44 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD