So I was taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi on Delta sending messages via WhatsApp and decided to try a BBM. Worked fine, then I tried a BBM voice call. Much to my surprise it worked! It dropped after about, 2 mins but I was able to connect again. I wonder if a video call would have worked?
    On a side note, Delta had BlackBerry advertisements on the back cover of Sky magazine and also a commercial during the in-flight entertainment and after the the safety video. Twice now, the passenger next to me noticed my Z10 and I of course told him about all the great features!
    3hb78ftg and fryk like this.
    04-21-13 11:00 AM
    I would assume video would work as well as long as it was through the planes WIFI. That would be pretty to try out.
    04-21-13 11:17 AM
    So I was taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi on Delta sending messages via WhatsApp and decided to try a BBM. Worked fine, then I tried a BBM voice call. Much to my surprise it worked! It dropped after about, 2 mins but I was able to connect again. I wonder if a video call would have worked?
    On a side note, Delta had BlackBerry advertisements on the back cover of Sky magazine and also a commercial during the in-flight entertainment and after the the safety video. Twice now, the passenger next to me noticed my Z10 and I of course told him about all the great features!
    Strange. I'm flying on delta to las Vegas and the wi fi isn't working for me. I can connect to the wireless connection But have No Internet. I will be boarding soon and will give it another try.

Posted from the beyond...
    04-21-13 11:41 AM
    Oops my bad. I had to connect to go go direct.

Speed test giving these results.

BBM Voice Call in the AIR!-img_00000194.png

Posted from the beyond...
    04-21-13 01:23 PM