03-17-14 03:34 PM
34 12
tools
    Did anyone else get this message:

BBM is shutting down at 12:00. 0clock tonight if you don't broadcast this you'll loose your contacts

Sorry guys Apparently it is true, cause its happened to certain people already, so I'm not taking any chances !!

Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation

Is it true or a hoax?
    03-01-11 04:24 PM
    Wow! This again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 04:27 PM
    What do YOU think, OP??
    03-01-11 04:32 PM
    you didnt think that the name being spelled like a salad dressing was a dead giveaway that this is complete BS!
    03-01-11 04:33 PM
    PT Barnum was, and continues to be right.
    03-01-11 04:40 PM
    Bwaahaaaahaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!

03-01-11 04:41 PM
    Hey op, I sell insurance for the lost data that you will surely incur from this outage.

03-01-11 04:42 PM
    It's a hoax, if you haven't figured it out by now.
    03-01-11 04:51 PM
    I honestly don't know who I feel worse for, you for half way believing it or me for wasting 2 min of my life.
    03-01-11 04:54 PM
    Did anyone else get this message:

BBM is shutting down at 12:00. 0clock tonight if you don't broadcast this you'll loose your contacts

Sorry guys Apparently it is true, cause its happened to certain people already, so I'm not taking any chances !!

Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation

Is it true or a hoax?
    Lmfao! This ish is always going around and I didn't think someone on the CB forums would come close to believing it. OP, I'm will assume you're new to BB and have never seen these kinds of chain messages before and if so, I will let you know that this is complete BS. Its just someone who has nothing better to do with his/her free time starting chain messages like this and confuse the BBM users. If this were to be true, you would see it on the CB Blogs as well as other trusted tech websites. Once again ill say this is not true and never believe those chain messages as they are annoying and a waste of time to read.

03-01-11 05:16 PM
    I think spreading of these hoax makes server slow down
    03-01-11 05:23 PM
    Well after it made it's rounds with Facebook, Twitter, and every other social media forum/site, it was bound to come back around here again...But alas, I still opened this thread :/
    03-01-11 06:37 PM
    You guys are making me really nervous about the Nigerian guy that I'm helping import his family fortune... He promised to give me a nice cut...
    03-01-11 06:44 PM
    03-01-11 06:46 PM
    you didnt think that the name being spelled like a salad dressing was a dead giveaway that this is complete BS!
    LMFAO!!! (just had some balsamic vinegar on my chippies )
    03-01-11 06:52 PM
    It is about as real as the email I got from Bill Gates telling me that he is testing a new email tracking program and if I forwarded it to every one of my contacts he'll send me $500
    03-01-11 06:59 PM
    Sounds credible. I think we should do it, guys.

03-01-11 07:03 PM
    You guys are making me really nervous about the Nigerian guy that I'm helping import his family fortune... He promised to give me a nice cut...
    Hah! I remember when I got that e-mail, it was well put-together though. Told me I'd have a flight arranged for me to Germany to bring the fortune to some well-known German bank and I get 40%...
    03-01-11 07:33 PM
    and the CEO of RIM isnt that JIM BALSAMIC, its MIKE LAZARIDAS (if thats how its spelt)
    03-01-11 08:51 PM
    I represent a Nigerian bank and require your assistance in transferring money from the account of an English customer that passed away without heirs. Please send a return email if you can assist. I am willing to pay you a 25 percent commission.

03-01-11 09:02 PM
    and the CEO of RIM isnt that JIM BALSAMIC, its MIKE LAZARIDAS (if thats how its spelt)
    Actually RIM has two co-CEOs-Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie.

03-01-11 09:05 PM
    Michael Lazaridis Co-Chairman of the Board, President, Co-Chief Executive Officer
    James L. Balsillie Co-Chairman of the Board, Co-Chief Executive Officer

I don't believe either have relatives in Nigeria.

Even with correct spellings
    03-01-11 09:15 PM
    Oh I get those nigerian bank spams all the time, telling me I won $500,000 in a lottery. Damn those scammers, they **** me off :@

03-01-11 09:31 PM
    03-01-11 10:13 PM
    I didn't think it was true. I'm still a newbie if you call a three year owner a newbie. I got it from my wife who got it from some one else. Lok on the bright at least for all the new owners who come to the forum will know not take this message seriously.
    Also if anyone gets an email from the GMail team saying that you "MUST REPLY or your account will be deleted" is making its rounds again as well.

03-01-11 10:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD