How a dead CEO will be able to help Blackberry is unclear to me.
    Oh that one just begs for a humorous joke but I will refrain.

The comment was a common one, not meant to imply a corpse be exhumed to be placed in a ceo's chair and stink with decay and fill the room with flies. What the poster was saying was that somebody with the ingenuity, ambition and grit that Steve Jobs had needs to begin steering the ship.... and the first order of business is to kick off the dead weight slowing the ship down and reel in blackberry's anchor. Marking the nautical maps of the barrier reefs will be nice, too, and stop running into them over and over and wonder why the ship gets nowhere.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 07-16-13 at 08:56 AM.
    07-16-13 08:41 AM
    As someone said

They needed an evangelist
    They hired a clerk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 08:50 AM
    Why do you spell flodira differently?
    It's a speech impediment caused by the gills!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 09:56 AM
    It's a speech impediment caused by the gills!
    Have I got any?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:28 AM
    Oh that one just begs for a humorous joke but I will refrain.

The comment was a common one, not meant to imply a corpse be exhumed to be placed in a ceo's chair and stink with decay and fill the room with flies. What the poster was saying was that somebody with the ingenuity, ambition and grit that Steve Jobs had needs to begin steering the ship.... and the first order of business is to kick off the dead weight slowing the ship down and reel in blackberry's anchor. Marking the nautical maps of the barrier reefs will be nice, too, and stop running into them over and over and wonder why the ship gets nowhere.
    I think he knew that he was just being sarcastic!
    07-16-13 12:54 PM
    See there you go again with them long posh words!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 01:01 PM
    The interpunction of that statement could be interesting.
    Do you mean the vanilla interpretation:

which would mean that I knew I was being sarcastic? Which probably is true. Most of the time I know when I'm being sarcastic...
    or do you mean the following.

Which could mean that I did know what was meant by invoking mr. Jobs, but which leaves open the possibility of me not knowing I was being sarcastic...

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    So good at grammar yet struggled with difference between "a Steve Jobs" and The Steve Jobs.

Sorry, neither could I... :hysterical
    07-16-13 01:30 PM
    I already removed my post as being too much. No need to dreg it up...
    But you're right I fail to see the way mr. Steve Jobs became "the Steve Jobs" and beyond that the basis for any possible "a Steve Jobs".

For completion's sake (as you left out the quotes), my deleted post once again:
    The interpunction of that statement could be interesting.
    Do you mean the vanilla interpretation:
    Which would mean that I knew I was being sarcastic. Which is true. I knew I was being sarcastic...
    or do you mean the following.
    I think he knew that. He was just being sarcastic!
    Which could mean that I did know what was meant by invoking mr. Jobs, but which leaves open the possibility of me not knowing I was being sarcastic...

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 07-16-13 at 01:53 PM.
    07-16-13 01:34 PM
    thorsten heins is [edited out]
    Low, too low!
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 07-16-13 at 02:01 PM.
    07-16-13 01:36 PM
    I already removed my post as being too much. No need to dreg it up...
    But you're right I fail to see the way mr. Steve Jobs became "the Steve Jobs" and beyond that the basis for any possible "a Steve Jobs".
    Stand by your post Hirazi it wasn't in anyway offensive.Funny but not offensive!
    07-16-13 01:39 PM
    Oh, I stand by it. That's why I got the original ("so much better with the quotes included") back from the browser graveyard and edited it back into my previous post. I just didn't think it was all that funny after rereading it twice...
    07-16-13 01:45 PM
    I'm gonna go for vanilla.
    07-16-13 01:54 PM
    From what I hear, the pistachio is rather tasty also...
    07-16-13 02:03 PM

"I think he knew that he was just being sarcastic!"

See there you go again with them long posh words!

Posted via CB10
    "He" is the opposite of "SHE." Not that big of a word. And since there are two of them in that sentence it gets even simpler.

Now you try it.
    07-16-13 04:04 PM
    I'm so lost...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 04:08 PM
    Happens all the time (especially in this thread), just breathe deeply and wait for one of our thread-support team to arrive with a care package (and a guide to this thread)...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 04:14 PM
    I'm sorry OP but every time I read your post...please please please they are not liars part it just makes me laugh. No disrespect intended it just funny.
    07-16-13 04:27 PM
    I'm so lost...
    Oh, you advanced from tin cans and string to a dial model. What next, a BB10 device followed by the new and improved OS7 device that they are releasing?
    07-16-13 04:57 PM
    I'm sorry OP but every time I read your post...please please please they are not liars part it just makes me laugh. No disrespect intended it just funny.
    no disrespect taken, this thread was honestly made for fun. I have a tendancy to be sarcastic but act like its intemded to be completely serious and I guess I'm quite good at it as everyone thinks I'm serious.

this attitude also tends to get me in trouble with my fiance...I guess I should consider working on that.....because well I don't really consider myself a glutton for punishment
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 05:33 PM
    no disrespect taken, this thread was honestly made for fun. I have a tendancy to be sarcastic but act like its intemded to be completely serious and I guess I'm quite good at it as everyone thinks I'm serious.

this attitude also tends to get me in trouble with my fiance...I guess I should consider working on that.....because well I don't really consider myself a glutton for punishment
    and now get ready for more users bashing you up. :-D they know Blackberry 10 OS. and now no updates. they will now attack you like flying squad of flying pigs.
    grab the bottle of brandy and beer and mix them up and every post which bashes you? gulp one shot. ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 06:02 PM
    and now get ready for more users bashing you up. :-D they know Blackberry 10 OS. and now no updates. they will now attack you like flying squad of flying pigs.
    grab the bottle of brandy and beer and mix them up and every post which bashes you? gulp one shot. ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    no more alcohol till next month at least I drank a lot at my brother in laws wedding lol. and bring it on people who give me flac for this thread title obviously have not read the thread its no bother to me lol bring it on
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 06:08 PM
    no more alcohol till next month at least I drank a lot at my brother in laws wedding lol. and bring it on people who give me flac for this thread title obviously have not read the thread its no bother to me lol bring it on
    I'll name that "flac" in two notes, Barracuda!

(and I'll also bet most are too young!)
    07-16-13 08:26 PM
    I'll name that "flac" in two notes, Barracuda!

(and I'll also bet most are too young!)
    ouch F2.... ouch, I'm not old but I'm also not young
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-16-13 09:06 PM
    Oh, you advanced from tin cans and string to a dial model. What next, a BB10 device followed by the new and improved OS7 device that they are releasing?
    I was thinking maybe the "brick" cell phone next.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-17-13 09:41 AM
    and please please please stop all the blackberry are liars posts cause it simply is not true
    LOL!
    07-17-13 01:35 PM
1,583 ... 3435363738 ...