Here's a thought. BlackBerry has a kernel of a community. Why not have a free form product around this. Even 1/10 baked and people would jump aboard

You got it 9/10 right with the playbook so carry on....?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-11-13 05:52 PM
    I always thought ducks could fly but just for you, when the contract in the heathen country is over I will come to wherever you are and teach you to fly (foc). I will pm you later and find out whether you want fixed wing or egg beater!

Thanks paul, I love monty python by the way!
    Hey, you want to visit the exact diagonally opposite corner of Heathenville and do some hiking?
    07-11-13 06:47 PM
    I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
    07-11-13 08:49 PM
    I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
    Well, you could have stopped today rather than waiting for tomorrow!
    Cynycl and Hirazi Blue like this.
    07-11-13 09:58 PM
    My god give it up and close this thread. BB10 is NOT COMING TO PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY YOUR PLAYBOOK FOR WHAT IT IS AND MOVE ON.
    I am. It works great as a paper weight, foot stop and projectile.

Haven't tried it as a ping pong paddle yet.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Hirazi Blue and sad_old_man like this.
    07-11-13 11:52 PM
    Sorry I have to rant a little (and this being a general purpose thread of sort & I wouldn't dare to open yet another pointless thread about BB10, let's try it here): Why do the people seriously hurt (and to a certain extent understandably so) by the whole "no BB10" decision, think that those of us (you know who I am talking about), who do not react as if they're utterly and completely devastated by the news, therefore don't care, don't understand the issue and/or are "idiots"?
    No prizes for the correct answer BTW...

sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 05:30 AM
    I am. It works great as a paper weight, foot stop and projectile.

Haven't tried it as a ping pong paddle yet.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    As a ping pong paddle the PB definitively is better suited than the Z10 you are apparently currently using.
    The ITTF might disapprove, however (too big?)
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 07-12-13 at 05:48 AM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 05:35 AM
    sorry i am still the ugly duckling.... and look at the daffy duck. he got no feathers. :-D he cant fly. yes ducks can fly. but not daffy duck and dark wing duck quack quack....
    sure thing i will wait for your whatever contract gets over family and food for family first then anything and everything. and i am in chennai, india. down south.
    and i got no idea about those wings.... i will learn something about planes. wikipedia here i come......... but not today i mean tonight as i am off to sleep. good night for today and tomorrow hack day. so less post.
    i know 99% who understand english little bit loves that monty python thingie. ;-)
    signing out!
    thanks!
    paul
    It's simple and your options are:

1. Fixed wing?
    2. Egg beater?

You choose?
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-0530677.jpg   BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-black-agusta-grand-109-1.jpg  
    07-12-13 07:48 AM
    You can also get pretty high on/as a kite...

But what I really wanted to say: don't forget the humble hovercraft...
    (also technically an aircraft, if I'm not mistaken)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 08:01 AM
    But you leave out the option "pick your poison" also, sadly...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 08:13 AM
    Sorry I have to rant a little (and this being a general purpose thread of sort & I wouldn't dare to open yet another pointless thread about BB10, let's try it here): Why do the people seriously hurt (and to a certain extent understandably so) by the whole "no BB10" decision, think that those of us (you know who I am talking about), who do not react as if they're utterly and completely devastated by the news, therefore don't care, don't understand the issue and/or are "idiots"?
    No prizes for the correct answer BTW...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BP2dPgo36_...Bwax%2Boff.jpg
    I'm not sure about others, if Thor said playbook is not updatable with BB10, I believe him. Before the talk about BB10, there was talk about playbook OS update, the reason they delay it because of BB10 will give one major update instead of incremental update on the original OS. Now Thor is actively discussing what to do with playbook? It's all about communication. It's all about not stringing your customers along for nothing. When BB slashed the playbook price the second time, it's okay to inform the customers it's a clear out inventory, the tablet will no longer be supported. At least customers know what they are getting into. How the management conduct itself in the public is very important to the image of the company and the product. Clear communication and clear signal, not yes, no, maybe and I don't know or silent treatment. How the management handle playbook is going to translate to how investors, current and potential customers view how it will handle BB10 devices. Trust is everything in any form of relationship. To form that trust communication is the foundation.
    sad_old_man, FF22 and Puddin13 like this.
    07-12-13 08:24 AM
    I'm not sure about others, if Thor said playbook is not updatable with BB10, I believe him.
    You must however have noticed "some" think slightly differently about this matter.
    These forums seem to split along the "I hate Blackberry" versus "all the others" lines. And that seems somewhat bizarre IMHO.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 08:39 AM
    I'm not sure about others, if Thor said playbook is not updatable with BB10, I believe him. Before the talk about BB10, there was talk about playbook OS update, the reason they delay it because of BB10 will give one major update instead of incremental update on the original OS. Now Thor is actively discussing what to do with playbook? It's all about communication. It's all about not stringing your customers along for nothing. When BB slashed the playbook price the second time, it's okay to inform the customers it's a clear out inventory, the tablet will no longer be supported. At least customers know what they are getting into. How the management conduct itself in the public is very important to the image of the company and the product. Clear communication and clear signal, not yes, no, maybe and I don't know or silent treatment. How the management handle playbook is going to translate to how investors, current and potential customers view how it will handle BB10 devices. Trust is everything in any form of relationship. To form that trust communication is the foundation.
    Did you write that all yourself or did you have help?
    07-12-13 09:05 AM
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 09:08 AM
    Your avatar is confusing me! Bring back my beloved gnome!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 09:22 AM
    It's a well-known fact that a leprechaun,
    when he ascends to a higher state of being, turns into a cheap sign in an Irish Pub...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 09:57 AM
    It's a well-known fact that a leprechaun,
    when he ascends to a higher state of being, turns into a cheap sign in an Irish Pub...
    In actual fact I'm readying myself for my trip to the heathen country. You know trying to fit in? It's a hopeless cause I know but there you go?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:02 AM
    Another childhood fantasy brutally crushed...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 10:12 AM
    Another childhood fantasy brutally crushed...
    Ah well you can't win em all!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:21 AM

Sorry, it's "getting" silly, I know
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 10:37 AM
    http://newsbusters.org/sites/default...jpg?1372368823
    Sorry, it's "getting" silly, I know
    Who's that?

Sorry I know now its Lex before his fight with the octopus!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:47 AM
    Excellent point. They stopped any enhancement of the existing OS because it would have been a waste of resources since they were moving ALL PB's to the new BB10 platform. Now, 12 months later, they are not moving the pb to any new platform or even improving or fixing the bugs in the existing platform. A total FAIL.

At least they could have changed the checkerboard color in an enhancement!
    Puddin13 likes this.
    07-12-13 11:30 AM
    And the bridge they screwed up?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:46 AM
    And the bridge they screwed up?

Posted via CB10
    They did not screw up the Bridge. You're British - this was a sacrifice not unlike blowing up the fully working, fully constructed "Bridge over the River Kwai" - it had to be done - so that they can sell the A10. You know, the ba$stard offspring of a cross between a z10 and pb.
    07-12-13 02:27 PM
    A10 is coming with 2GB RAM

Don't expect BB10.3 for A10 due to hardware limitation as it'd need 3GB RAM
    Don't worry
    BB will be more than happy to sell you A11 with a new battery door and extra RAM for $600 at Christmas 2013
    07-12-13 03:35 PM
1,583 ... 3233343536 ...