Hello, good afternoon everyone, I argue that this platform is not dead, I think it still has much to give, even if not actualize the BB10, I think we use the continue to use in the same way you do now, what only thing is we will not have any applications that are BB10, but surely reconsider BB and BB10 update maybe not, but to a 2.2, 2.3, or even 3.0, that whoever takes it a BB10 hardware adapted to our tablet!

Saludos desde Spain....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 09:00 AM
    I fully agree! The platform isn't dead, it's just the community that's stuck in an endless loop...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 09:10 AM
    It was. But I've been called an ***** once too many in these forums for not wanting to whine about BB10 24/7. Where's the fun in that?
    aah my bad!
    sorry for your loss of sense of humor!
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 09:26 AM
    I fully agree! The platform isn't dead, it's just the community that's stuck in an endless loop...
    while loop!
    it just gont the constructors. but no destructors.
    bahahaha!
    thanks!
    paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 09:27 AM
    sorry for your loss of sense of humor!
    Nope, this is not about my sense of humor...

And, BTW, this case we're talking about a lack of constructors, plenty of deconstructors around.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 09:30 AM
    Nope, this is not about my sense of humor...

And, BTW, this case we're talking about a lack of constructors, plenty of deconstructors around.
    hehehehe! true true!
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 09:43 AM
    Hello, good afternoon everyone, I argue that this platform is not dead, I think it still has much to give, even if not actualize the BB10, I think we use the continue to use in the same way you do now, what only thing is we will not have any applications that are BB10, but surely reconsider BB and BB10 update maybe not, but to a 2.2, 2.3, or even 3.0, that whoever takes it a BB10 hardware adapted to our tablet!

Saludos desde Spain....
    Blackberry has already said - "No more updates to the Playbook." This has been widely reported in other threads.

- "Hope is not a good substitute for facts" - Author unknown
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 09:55 AM
    This thread might not be all that silly anymore, but that doesn't mean self-styled realists can take over...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 10:11 AM
    Blackberry has already said - "No more updates to the Playbook." This has been widely reported in other threads.

- "Hope is not a good substitute for facts" - Author unknown
    "who is going to tie the bell to the cat?"
    "who is going to tie the bell to all the cats?"
    hope is diminishing brother! dim ultra dim!
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 10:12 AM

Saludos desde Spain....
    mate what you been smoking? i have done all kinds of stuffs. but it appears this one very very very ultra potent.
    can i have just one drag? i request. just one drag. its been since 2004 i didnt have a single drag. just one puff man just one puff.
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 10:15 AM
    Don't insult first time posters! He probably doesn't even know in what kind of thread he really posted...
    07-10-13 10:19 AM
    Don't insult first time posters! He probably doesn't even know in what kind of thread he really posted...
    awwwww my bad! ;-)
    i am sorry!
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 10:26 AM

Saludos desde Spain....
    hey, let me apoligize on behalf of some of the folks here, they can get a tad unruly at times to say the least.
    and I'm in complete agreement with your line of thinking I am also hopeful to see a update to the existing playbook os be it 2.2,2.5 or 3.0. I always try to look at the glass as half full as opposed to half empty regardless of actual circumstances. It is this mantra that enables me to let crap roll off my back and not bother me.

also on that note enjoy your time here on crackberry.
    07-10-13 10:31 AM
    When I see it I will believe it till then we will be watching our playbooks future.
    07-10-13 10:45 AM
    You might want to add, what you wrote in the other thread, as it says a lot IMHO... Maybe you should think twice before you condemn whole threads and their posters in one swoop. I hardly think you read most what you condemn so easily.
    And BTW: F2, you seem very happy to wash your hands clean from all this silliness all of a sudden. I wonder why. Did I miss the memo?
    Your "Stop the Whining" avatar says it all.

I'm not commending whole threads, but I do have a problem with people who are trying to marginalize, minimize, deflect, or try to misdirect the thread by taking one small part of what someone has said as you are doing, or posting a bunch of nonsense when we should be standing shoulder to shoulder and be demanding BlackBerry stays true to their word. EG: Rolling out a upgrade to the PlayBook.

If you're happy with your PlayBook as-is (You do have a PlayBook, don't you?) Good for you. I'm not.

07-10-13 12:46 PM
    You really do not deserve a serious reply...
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    07-10-13 12:53 PM
    You really do not deserve a serious reply...
    I guess you missed this post. Compare the opening post with all the nonsense posted later.

PS:

1: How many PlayBooks do you have?
    2: Do you have a Z10 or BB10 OS powered device?
    3: Are you having issues with that device, and you'd like for BB to address those issues?

Thread creator-1st post in the thread, created 06-15-2013, 09:29 AM

Blackberry has not been silent, they have not said a lot but they have not been silent.

We all know Thorston Heins said Blackberry 10 will be on all playbooks by the end of the year, he more recently said that their tablet plans have not changed. If we take those 2 statements in mind with the FACT that the playbooks resolution has been re added to the 10.2 SDK (was removed in 10.1) 1024x600 its pretty clear looking at all three of these statments that its only a matter of time before we have 10.2 in one shape or form on our little black workhorses.

Blackberry has not been entirely silent on the issue, but they have also not said a lot at the same time. you just have to have ears to hear and know where to look.

Keep your eyes peeled there is a lot of good stuff happening in the meantime.

and please please please stop all the blackberry are liars posts cause it simply is not true
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-10-13 at 01:17 PM.
    07-10-13 01:05 PM
    I guess you missed this post. Compare the opening post with all the nonsense posted later.

PS:

3: Are you having issues with that device, and you'd like for BB to address those issues?
    Allow me Hirazi because I get banned for nothing.

Question 1. I own 8 playbooks, how many do you have?

Question 2. I own two Z10s, how many don't you have?

Question 3. Yes I do have issues that I would like addressing, specifically with the Z10 but I'm not nieve enough to think that I can make RIM address those issues!

Hope that answers your questions and gives you enough ammunition to go winging to a moderator!

And I really can't do this anymore!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff and Hirazi Blue like this.
    07-10-13 01:17 PM

PS:

My friend I would think that (far be it for me to second guess what is in the mind of the op when he posted that) but I'll take a stab at it. The op's believed that of course blackberry will upgrade playbook to bb10,because they said they would. Why wouldn't he believe that.....even I believed that....and I believe very little. But it became quite apparent that it was all bs. All the subsequent nonsense followed.....what did you want ...a meaningful discourse on the lack of honesty within bbry? I suggest you read another thread if this one doesn't suit your needs. I asure you we feel your pain. However we have moved on........perhaps u should too....or join us in our self flagulation.

Regards
    Hirazi Blue and sad_old_man like this.
    07-10-13 03:17 PM
    Alcohol makes me a much nicer person......hey it seems that way to me....I notice a distinct chill in the air though...I am anticipating further nashing of teeth and slashing of wrists when the realization hits, that there will be no more updates to the playbook....it's done...it's toast......the fat lady ate it before she started singing......sorry if the truth hurts
    Last edited by lexluthorxx; 07-10-13 at 03:36 PM. Reason: sl
    Hirazi Blue and sad_old_man like this.
    07-10-13 03:27 PM
    NO WAY. Well, I will add Ireland to the list of countries where I would not be able to communicate with the natives!!!!
    He's right. And it gets worse ...depending on where u are
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 03:35 PM
    You must really enjoy your trip to Europe. Your posts are way more cheerful than usual...

Oops, I think I wrote a silly post again...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 03:38 PM
    Why are these treads even still open.

It's over, Case Closed, the Fat Lady has sung... The PlayBook is as good as it will ever be, or it never was.

What RIM/BBRY did isn't new in the corporate world, it isn't even new for them.

The PlayBook not getting BB10 has really rattled the two I have at home, I've done all I can to reassure them that they aren't obsolete and destined for the trash heap.

That said, if you think the PlayBook not getting BB10 is a problem... Let me know how you feel about your Z10 of Q10 not getting future version of BB10 (11, 12....). Unless something major changes with the update process... I don't see carriers pushing out updates every few months for devices that are 12 months, 18 months or 24 months old.

I "taught" that BlackBerry's new platform was suppose to make thing easy on developers - but so far I've had to download several app updates when going to 10.1 and I hear of a number of problems with people on 10.2 (could just be that there isn't an finished 10.2 yet).

I also "taught" that from now on all BB users would be on the same OS, just like most all Apple users. But left to carriers to test and roll out at their desecration, the BB10 Platform is going to look just like Android. THAT is something to rant at BBRY for!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-13 03:44 PM
    I'm rather dissapointed, a thread I made to get people to speak their minds and calm them down from a now defunked os upgrade has turned in to a my dad can beat your dad up thread.

it shouldn't matter how many playbooks one has or anything of the sort, if anyone here has a single playbook they belong here just as much as the crackberry staff.

can't we all just get along ?
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    07-10-13 03:45 PM
    I'm rather dissapointed, a thread I made to get people to speak their minds and calm them down from a now defunked os upgrade has turned in to a my dad can beat your dad up thread.

it shouldn't matter how many playbooks one has or anything of the sort, if anyone here has a single playbook they belong here just as much as the crackberry staff.

can't we all just get along ?
    NO. And if you ask again, I'm sending my dad over to kick the crap out of your dad
    sad_old_man, FF22 and Hirazi Blue like this.
    07-10-13 03:48 PM
1,583 ... 2930313233 ...