You've obviously not tried the OS7 version that has been:

Re-designed, Re-engineered and Re-invented
    You can re-design, re-engineer anything you want to, but you can't re-invent something that already exists?

I also have had several BlackBerry handsets running OS7.1 and still have them. Apart from a 9860 which I gave away to another forum member

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:58 PM
    So are all your comments

Geeze some people actually believe everything they read on forums, you talk as if me and Old Man are exchanging details and arranging postage over dead weight
    Of course i DO....what you mean? You were kidding, joshing, joking.?....I don't come here to joke/josh/kidd....this is very serious forum...I only hang around on this thread because it says...calm down...bb10 for playbook is coming .....

Wait.....are you saying.....its not coming..? Really......ammmm.....so some threads are just to take the p1ss?...and to joke......oh...i see...ok i'm going to go over the the I support BBY and buy share thread...and joke with them......lets see how long it takes for me....to get 'banned'
    07-04-13 01:07 PM
    You can re-design, re-engineer anything you want to, but you can't re-invent something that already exists?

I also have had several BlackBerry handsets running OS7.1 and still have them. Apart from a 9860 which I gave away to another forum member

Posted via CB10
    Wait till they get a load of the new and improved ME.

F (version pending) is also a re-invention of his former self.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 01:10 PM
    so what did i miss here? i been busy hacking hardware and jtag ......... quacking around!!! what did i miss?
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 01:55 PM
    so what did i miss here? i been busy hacking hardware and jtag ......... quacking around!!! what did i miss?
    thanks!
    -paul
    Don't like to tell you this but we're all going to get a new OS7? How do like those hotdogs?
    07-04-13 02:41 PM
    Don't like to tell you this but we're all going to get a new OS7? How do like those hotdogs?
    Blackberry Playbook OS 10.x saga over? Now new 52 week brand new soap opera? OS 7? continue. i read it when i get a brain fart, reading but not replying. i enjoy reading these! its fun!
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 02:44 PM
    Blackberry Playbook OS 10.x saga over? Now new 52 week brand new soap opera? OS 7? continue. i read it when i get a brain fart, reading but not replying. i enjoy reading these! its fun!
    thanks!
    -paul
    Your a lucky man. It was 1968 when I last enjoyed a brain fart. I need brandy!
    07-04-13 03:07 PM
    thanks!
    -paul
    You haven't missed much -FanBoys of RIM/BlackBerry, and the various shills (People that might work for RIM, or otherwise PROFIT from RIM doing good) are trying to say the CEO of a major corporation saying BB10 would be available after the phones running BB10 came out and going back on that promise / his word is no big deal.

All I have to say to the fanboys who have bought a phone running BB10 is I hope BlackBerry/RIM puts the same effort into fixing problems or issues YOUR device may have.... Promising issues be fixed... drag it out as long as possible, then go back on their word as "they" (RIM) needs to be focusing on the next round of devices.

Internal memo 12-18 months from now -written by the CEO after being given TRUTH SERUM :

INTERNAL USE ONLY:
    Date: 2014-12-02

To all departments:
    Subject: All developments and improvements to the BB10 operating system and devices shipped with the BB10 OS have been CANCELLED.

As you know the sales of BB10 OS powered devices did not meet our sales projections and the OS itself gained a reputation of not having key features (and apps) potential customers expected... (EG: No or poor integration with Android or Apple devices assuming the device will ONLY be paired with a RIM product, totally disregarding apps people want such as Netflix, *ability to source apps from other sources, Convoluted process to get Android apps to run on the device ala EOL PlayBook series we killed off back in mid part of 2013. )

Diehard fanboys bought the products but when word of the issues reached the public sales dropped exponentially and the amount of returns have increased 100 fold over our worst projections.

Due to the lack of sales we have hundreds of thousands of these devices scattered in various warehouses and amongst various retailers that just aren't selling. Retailers aren't happy, nether am I as I was counting as your CEO to get a 100 MILLION DOLLAR BONUS this year alone.
    (I've been looking to buy my own country in the South Pacific to retire to... Been looking at 210ft yachts as well... HEY- A guy has to be comfortable, right?)

So, As your CEO.... Instead of forfeiting my bonus check of 100 million that could have gone into improving BB10 devices I developed a plan:

To spur sales of this BB10 dead inventory - I made public announcements that current owner of BB10 devices would get a free update to BB11 and had my shills make various posts on the net promoting this. As projected this got the dead inventory moving out the door.

The second part of the plan was to DELAY what I learned within a week after I made the announcement - EG: there is no way current BB10 devices would run BB11. Upon learning this I kept this under my hat so to speak as we had to clear that dead inventory.

Once the inventory was reduced to manageable levels, only then info was released that BB11 would not be coming to BB10 devices.

Simple plan and it worked.

So as of now ALL departments are ordered to stop any further work or wasting manpower on BB10 powered devices. They are considered EOL (End of Life)

The "future" is BB11 OS....
    All manpower has been assigned to promoting the BB11 OS - this is our focus.
    All developers are to imminently focus on the BB11, not BB10 OS, No BB10 patches or product improvements will be forthcoming, and the number of BB10 apps has been frozen.
    Anyone caught working on doing any kind of improvements, or working on getting various key features of the BB11 ported into the BB10 OS will be FIRED.

Additionally, to reduce costs and improve profits further we are following a page out of Microsoft's "playbook" - As with Windows WM 6.5.. when WM7 came out we will: "A: Freeze the app store, then B: about 6 months later totally shut down the app store.

Without a app store, BB10 users will be forced to migrate to BB11... Since a BB10 device won't run BB11 we'll be there waiting with a new round of BB11 devices... so we profit again.

Got to run, off to look for a island in the South Pacific.

Boy it's great to be the CEO.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-05-13 at 12:29 AM.
    07-04-13 04:44 PM
    You haven't missed much -FanBoys of RIM/BlackBerry, and the various shills (People that might work for RIM, or otherwise PROFIT from RIM doing good) are trying to say the CEO of a major corporation saying BB10 would be available after the phones running BB10 came out and going back on that promise / his word is no big deal.

All I have to say to the fanboys who have bought a phone running BB10 is I hope BlackBerry/RIM puts the same effort into fixing problems or issues YOUR device may have.... Promising issues be fixed... drag it out as long as possible, then go back on their word as "they" (RIM) needs to be focusing on the next round of devices.

Internal memo 12-18 months from now -written by the CEO after being given TRUTH SERUM :

INTERNAL USE ONLY:
    Date: 2014-12-02

To all departments:
    Subject: All developments and improvements to the BB10 operating system and devices shipped with the BB10 OS have been CANCELLED.

As you know the sales of BB10 OS powered devices did not meet our sales projections and the OS itself gained a reputation of not having key features (and apps) potential customers expected... (EG: No or poor integration with Android or Apple devices assuming the device will ONLY be paired with a RIM product, totally disregarding apps people want such as Netflix, *ability to source apps from other sources, Convoluted process to get Android apps to run on the device ala EOL PlayBook series we killed off back in mid part of 2013. )

Diehard fanboys bought the products but when word of the issues reached the public sales dropped exponentially and the amount of returns have increased 100 fold over our worst projections.

Due to the lack of sales we have hundreds of thousands of these devices scattered in various warehouses and amongst various retailers that just aren't selling. Retailers aren't happy, nether am I as I was counting as your CEO to get a 100 MILLION DOLLAR BONUS this year alone.
    (I've been looking to buy my own country in the South Pacific to retire to... Been looking at 210ft yachts as well... HEY- A guy has to be comfortable, right?)

So, As your CEO.... Instead of forfeiting my bonus check of 100 million that could have gone into improving BB10 devices I developed a plan:

To spur sales of this BB10 dead inventory - I made public announcements that current owner of BB10 devices would get a free update to BB11 and had my shills make various posts on the net promoting this. As projected this got the dead inventory moving out the door.

The second part of the plan was to DELAY what I learned within a week after I made the announcement - EG: there is no way current BB10 devices would run BB11. Upon learning this I kept this under my hat so to speak as we had to clear that dead inventory.

Once the inventory was reduced to manageable levels, only then info was released that BB11 would not be coming to BB10 devices.

Simple plan and it worked.

So as of now ALL departments are ordered to stop any further work or wasting manpower on BB10 powered devices. They are considered EOL (End of Life)

The "future" is BB11 OS....
    All manpower has been assigned to promoting the BB11 OS - this is our focus.
    All developers are to imminently focus on the BB11, not BB10 OS, No BB10 patches or product improvements will be forthcoming, and the number of BB10 apps has been frozen.
    Anyone caught working on doing any kind of improvements, or working on getting various key features of the BB11 ported into the BB10 OS will be FIRED.

Additionally, to reduce costs and improve profits further we are following a page out of Microsoft's "playbook" - As with Windows WM 6.5.. when WM7 came out we will: "A: Freeze the app store, then B: about 6 months later totally shut down the app store.

Without a app store, BB10 users will be forced to migrate to BB11... Since a BB10 device won't run BB11 we'll be there waiting with a new round of BB11 devices... so we profit again.

Got to run, off to look for a island in the South Pacific.

Boy it's great to be the CEO.

He would of course have had to dictate it because I doubt he has the ability to write!
    07-05-13 06:26 AM
    So BB10 is coming to PB. Gosh I must have blinked & missed it.
    My only hope to run the filmon app is when this Blackberry company gets bought by a bigger fish, & they actually do what was promised by the present CEO. I still don't know why it takes 5 minutes to switch on.
    The Apple products are fabulous, but beyond the reach of many peeps.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-05-13 08:11 AM
    My only hope to run the filmon app is when this Blackberry company gets bought by a bigger fish, & they actually do what was promised by the present CEO. I still don't know why it takes 5 minutes to switch on.
    Ouch, I resemble that remark vicar! Beyond our reach? The Internet is now a wonderful place to buy things from all over the world easily. I have several rolex watches but I didn't have to go to switzerland to buy them. Everything now is within our reach. Perhaps we prefer not to buy crap eh?
    07-05-13 08:20 AM
    Re apple products.. your new beloved ios 7 is being renamed ios MLP ( my little pony )
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-05-13 08:29 AM
    Re apple products.. your new beloved ios 7 is being renamed ios MLP ( my little pony )
    Not my beloved ios7, I just got a Samsung S4 to take across the pond with me. I've booked therapy sessions for my son who still likes his Z10 but my Z10 is now redundant unless I'm out in the grounds and I want to use this forum. I do obviously feel sorry for my fellow members suffering under the tyrannical reign of Thor!
    07-05-13 08:40 AM
    If BlackBerry would just upgrade the PlayBook to BB10 it would be able to still out perform the iPad and be able to be more in line with the Windows Slate line of tablets with the added function of being able to play android apps. RIM should wake up and give the PlayBook owners what they want, BB10 on their PlayBooks

Cory Cannon
    07-05-13 08:45 AM
    Ouch, I resemble that remark vicar! Beyond our reach? The Internet is now a wonderful place to buy things from all over the world easily. I have several rolex watches but I didn't have to go to switzerland to buy them. Everything now is within our reach. Perhaps we prefer not to buy crap eh?
    Yes you can buy all sorts of designer things from a back alley behind the trunk of a car as well.
    07-05-13 09:10 AM
    I bought two, too. Great price on a street corner in NYC.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-05-13 09:11 AM
    I don't think saying "BB10 is coming to the PlayBook" was a ploy to try to sell PlayBooks or clear inventory. BlackBerry has already taken a loss on them, and any PlayBook sales after that point would be inconsequential to them. They have no obligation to help retailers clear their stock. They really couldn't care less.

RIM/BlackBerry had no intention of bringing BB10 to the PlayBook. Yes, they lied about it, but not to satiate PlayBook owners or boost PB sales. It was all part of their rebranding as a company and the marketing of BB10 devices.

BlackBerry is a whole new company. Gone are the old days of RIM. No more broken promises. No more non-existent communication. Hey, they're even going to bring their new OS to the PlayBook, even though it's been an unmitigated disaster from the word "go". See how awesome they are as a company, that they would go out of their way to make sure their customers are so happy with their products and services that they continue to be BlackBerry customers into the future?

And then, after the first couple of BB10 devices have launched and the downward spiral is slowing a bit, they finally say BB10 is really not coming to the PlayBook and they're focusing on their new products and vision and other buzz words and jargon. They figure they might suffer some bad PR and disgruntled customers in the short term, but long term their BB10 devices will carry them through and things will start to turn around.

Maybe they're right. After all, PlayBook owners and fans are a relatively small group, and many of them already own BB10 devices. They probably figure they could stand to lose customers like me who only own a PlayBook. And they're hoping they can finally put the PlayBook debacle behind them and let it fade quietly into history.

I hope their strategy works out for them, and I wish them well, I really do. Where there is good competition in the market, we all win.

I wanted to be a part of BlackBerry's success, but they will not get any more business from me.

Keeping people in the dark about your products and telling bald-faced lies when you do say anything about them is wrong. I don't care how great your products are, I cannot in good conscience support or condone such terrible behavior.

I'm keeping my PlayBook until it becomes unusable or dies. But it will be my last purchase of a BlackBerry product. It will serve as a reminder of broken promises, missed opportunities, and what could have been.
    07-05-13 09:18 AM
    I don't think saying "BB10 is coming to the PlayBook" was a ploy to try to sell PlayBooks or clear inventory. BlackBerry has already taken a loss on them, and any PlayBook sales after that point would be inconsequential to them. They have no obligation to help retailers clear their stock. They really couldn't care less.

RIM/BlackBerry had no intention of bringing BB10 to the PlayBook. Yes, they lied about it, but not to satiate PlayBook owners or boost PB sales. It was all part of their rebranding as a company and the marketing of BB10 devices.

BlackBerry is a whole new company. Gone are the old days of RIM. No more broken promises. No more non-existent communication. Hey, they're even going to bring their new OS to the PlayBook, even though it's been an unmitigated disaster from the word "go". See how awesome they are as a company, that they would go out of their way to make sure their customers are so happy with their products and services that they continue to be BlackBerry customers into the future?

And then, after the first couple of BB10 devices have launched and the downward spiral is slowing a bit, they finally say BB10 is really not coming to the PlayBook and they're focusing on their new products and vision and other buzz words and jargon. They figure they might suffer some bad PR and disgruntled customers in the short term, but long term their BB10 devices will carry them through and things will start to turn around.

Maybe they're right. After all, PlayBook owners and fans are a relatively small group, and many of them already own BB10 devices. They probably figure they could stand to lose customers like me who only own a PlayBook. And they're hoping they can finally put the PlayBook debacle behind them and let it fade quietly into history.

I hope their strategy works out for them, and I wish them well, I really do. Where there is good competition in the market, we all win.

I wanted to be a part of BlackBerry's success, but they will not get any more business from me.

Keeping people in the dark about your products and telling bald-faced lies when you do say anything about them is wrong. I don't care how great your products are, I cannot in good conscience support or condone such terrible behavior.

I'm keeping my PlayBook until it becomes unusable or dies. But it will be my last purchase of a BlackBerry product. It will serve as a reminder of broken promises, missed opportunities, and what could have been.
    I don't think the ceo and the company realize it is the company reputation on the line. The longer it takes for them to clarify, the guiltier it looks. As I said before I'm not sure the company is just arrogant, ignorant or indifferent to it's regular customers. SMH still.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-05-13 09:23 AM
    Yes you can buy all sorts of designer things from a back alley behind the trunk of a car as well.
    I always thought you were a little bit shaddy there Alley cat
    07-05-13 09:24 AM
    I always thought you were a little bit shaddy there Alley cat
    We have our channels.
    07-05-13 09:37 AM
    See what you started now stupid cat, talking about back alleys. All sorts of posts now about bb10! Don't let it happen again!

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-05-13 10:58 AM
    See what you started now stupid cat, talking about back alleys. All sorts of posts now about bb10! Don't let it happen again!

Posted via CB10
    It's all starting to make sense
    BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-imagescaomfj30.jpg
    07-05-13 11:24 AM
    hey, I'm the big fish around these parts. you would be best to know it
    Last edited by Barracuda7772; 07-05-13 at 11:56 AM.
    07-05-13 11:38 AM
    what did i miss? i need some entertainment. :-D i been working hard. i need some entertainment. no geek talks i promise. :-D what did i miss?
    am i stupid enough now or do i need to increase the level of my stupidity?
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-05-13 11:42 AM
    what did i miss? i need some entertainment. :-D i been working hard. i need some entertainment. no geek talks i promise. :-D what did i miss?
    am i stupid enough now or do i need to increase the level of my stupidity?
    thanks!
    -paul
    not much I'm just claiming the big fish throne !
    07-05-13 11:57 AM
1,583 ... 2526272829 ...