At this point I'll retire to my 1000mph cellar!
    07-03-13 08:21 AM
    Are you being dirty?

not this time lol, I'm being quite literal
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-03-13 08:38 AM
    not this time lol, I'm being quite literal
    Literal, lateral its all the same to me.
    07-03-13 09:31 AM
    Literal, lateral its all the same to me.
    how about libel or liable
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-03-13 12:05 PM
    how about libel or liable
    Doesn't apply to me I wasn't there.
    07-03-13 02:03 PM
    Oh sure, next it will be the glove doesn't fit. Nice try O.J. but we've heard all that before.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-03-13 02:14 PM
    Oh sure, next it will be the glove doesn't fit. Nice try O.J. but we've heard all that before.
    I don't wear gloves and definitely don't drink orange juice...... Well unless it's a rum runner or similar.
    07-03-13 02:23 PM
    Right, right. You were at the Tower of Babel BACK THEN.
    07-03-13 05:42 PM
    I don't wear gloves and definitely don't drink orange juice...... Well unless it's a rum runner or similar.
    I have oj mmmm could use some zambooka in it
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-03-13 06:20 PM
    I have oj mmmm could use some zambooka in it
    liquorice and OJ, you are twisted enough for this band of circus freaks.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-03-13 06:24 PM
    You took the words right out of my mouth!
    07-04-13 08:09 AM
    BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-keepcalm_20130704094046903.jpg

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    imcurved likes this.
    07-04-13 08:42 AM
    That's poster is your fault baby!!!!!!!!!
    07-04-13 08:50 AM
    That's poster is your fault baby!!!!!!!!!
    that poster is the fault of everyone who bought a playbook
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 08:55 AM
    that poster is the fault of everyone who bought a playbook
    Smart fish!
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:02 AM
    BB10 shipped 2.7million
    Playbook shipped 2.5million

Would be a potential 5.2 million BB10 devices in users handsets right now, instead we have 2.7 because they didn't:

1) Adapt PB OS for the phones (instead appears to be rewritten completely and requiring more hardware resources)
    2) Adapt BB10 for the PB

I know FAR MORE android users who bought Playbooks because they were cheap tablets and were selling like hot cakes here in the UK at �99.

^ Big fail at marketing out BB10 to the potential competition.

All they had to do was put PB OS on the phones, its not a world a way from the Nokia n900 (MeeGo) which, may I add, can do FAR MORE than BB10, even though it is dead.

BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-nokia-n900-3.jpg
    07-04-13 09:18 AM
    BB10 shipped 2.7million
    Playbook shipped 2.5million

Would be a potential 5.2 million BB10 devices in users handsets right now, instead we have 2.7 because they didn't:

1) Adapt PB OS for the phones (instead appears to be rewritten completely and requiring more hardware resources)
    2) Adapt BB10 for the PB

I know FAR MORE android users who bought Playbooks because they were cheap tablets and were selling like hot cakes here in the UK at �99.

^ Big fail at marketing out BB10 to the potential competition.

All they had to do was put PB OS on the phones, its not a world a way from the Nokia n900 (MeeGo) which, may I add, can do FAR MORE than BB10, even though it is dead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nokia-n900-3.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	178874
    I used to work for Nokia and I have one of those at home. It has far more software on it than yours will have and I'll send it to you free of charge! It was absolutely horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-04-13 09:27 AM
    I used to work for Nokia and I have one of those at home. It has far more software on it than yours will have and I'll send it to you free of charge! It was absolutely horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll gladly take it off your hands
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-04-13 10:00 AM
    i've got a bag of dog droppings i'll gladly let you have those too....(geeze people will take anything if its going for free...) i also have 2 lg phones....a bbry phone......come to think of it....they're all sh!t...
    07-04-13 10:56 AM
    i've got a bag of dog droppings i'll gladly let you have those too....(geeze people will take anything if its going for free...) i also have 2 lg phones....a bbry phone......come to think of it....they're all sh!t...
    I'll up you two Siemens phones and see you for an original development Nokia communicator!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:06 AM
    they're all sh!t...
    So are all your comments

Geeze some people actually believe everything they read on forums, you talk as if me and Old Man are exchanging details and arranging postage over dead weight
    07-04-13 11:19 AM
    You got a live one Lex, be gental!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:27 AM
    I'll up you two Siemens phones and see you for an original development Nokia communicator!

Posted via CB10
    I'll up it with the addition of (4) 64gb PlayBooks, w-cases, docking stations, etc, BUT to keep them you have to send me certified, notarized proof within 10 days of receipt you updated it to the OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED release of the PB BB10 OS ... you know, the PB BB10 update the lying no good snake CEO of RIM/BlackBerry promised that would come after the BB10 phones were released.

Problem: All the retailers I talked to said the BlackBerry Playbook didn't sell well at all, and they had a HIGH return rate. (Most returns due to customers stating lack of apps / and or their favorite or needed app not available. Great device= But crappy app selection)

So you have many hundreds of thousands of PlayBooks sitting in warehouses (Retailers and I assume BlackBerry warehouses as well)... Nobody except BlackBerry fanboys want them. They aren't selling enough to justify the space they are taking up...

With each day the Android powered competitions offerings are coming down in price and going up in USEABILITY... Everyone you do business with has a ANDROID APP.... Your bank(s), your stockbroker, Your doctor, RealEstate broker, your barber, your local gas station, TV station etc... Everyone has a ANDROID app. When you check most websites, or businesses VERY few have a "BlackBerry PlayBook" app. Only recourse is to find the Android version, then go thru a convoluted conversion process of converting the apk to a bar file, only to find out it won't work as new Android apps require a different runtime /set of supporting libraries the PlayBook v2.xxx doesn't have. (PlayBook Android only supporting up to v2.3 Android run-time - Current Andriod being 4.xxx)

How do you get rid of them? Well you reduce the price slightly below the competition, Do a big PR campain about the new BB10 OS you will be releasing soon AND state that ALL PlayBooks will be get a upgrade to the new wiz bang BB10 OS.
    (This important as it greatly expands the number of apps, and insures "patches" will be forthcoming /things that should have been fixed long ago will finally be fixed.....)

CEO states Playbook owners will get the update to BB10 several times....

Due to this inventory starts moving. Warehouses are being emptied of DEAD STOCK..

Retailers are HAPPY... DEAD STOCK is finally going out the door...
    PS: Most of those customers aren't aware of the "history" or the PlayBooks. EG it's two years old - RIM is slow to issue patches, address issues with core apps.. These customers have read or heard about the announcement or a friend has told them that ALL PlayBooks will get the upgrade to the new Wiz-Bang BB10 OS.... which is supposed to have a HUGE app selection, the device will run their favorite ANDROID app if needed... and insures "support" and new apps will be a ongoing thing for several years.

At the point they feel warehouse levels have dropped to a acceptable level - CEO comes back and says BB10 OS will not be provided to PlayBook owners.

How convenient.
    07-04-13 12:25 PM
    I'll up it with the addition of 4 64gb PlayBooks, w-cases, docking stations, etc, BUT to keep them you have to send me certified, notarized proof within 10 days of receipt you updated it to a OFFICIAL release of the PB BB10 OS ... you know, the PB BB10 update the lying no good snake CEO of RIM/BlackBerry promised that would come after the BB10 phones were released.

Problem: All the retailers I talked to said the BlackBerry Playbook didn't sell well at all, and they had a HIGH return rate. (Most returns due to customers stating lack of apps / and or their favorite or needed app not available.

So you have many hundreds of thousands of PlayBooks sitting in warehouses (Retailers and I assume BlackBerry warehouses as well)... Nobody except BlackBerry fanboys want them. They aren't selling enough to justify the space they are taking up...

With each day the Android powered competitions offerings are coming down in price and going up in USEABILITY... There are tons of apps, apps are EASY to install. Everyone you do business with has a ANDROID APP.... Your bank(s), your stockbroker, Your doctor, RealEstate broker, your barber, your local gas station, TV station etc... Everyone has a ANDROID app. When you check most websites, or businesses VERY few have a "BlackBerry PlayBook" app. Only recourse is to find the Android version, then go thru a convoluted conversion process of converting the apk to a bar file, only to find out it won't work as new Android apps require a different runtime /set of supporting libraries the PlayBook v2.xxx doesn't have. (PlayBook Android only supporting up to v2.3 Android run-time - Current Andriod being 4.xxx)

How do you get rid of them? Well you reduce the price slightly below the competition, Do a big PR campain about the new BB10 OS you will be releasing soon AND state that ALL PlayBooks will be get a upgrade to the new wiz bang BB10 OS.
    (This important as it greatly expands the number of apps, and insures "patches" will be forthcoming /things that should have been fixed long ago will finally be fixed.....)

CEO states Playbook owners will get the update to BB10 several times....

Due to this inventory starts moving. Warehouses are being emptied of DEAD STOCK..

Retailers are HAPPY... DEAD STOCK is finally going out the door...
    PS: Most of those customers aren't aware of the "history" or the PlayBooks. EG it's two years old - RIM is slow to issue patches, address issues with core apps.. These customers have read or heard about the announcement or a friend has told them that ALL PlayBooks will get the upgrade to the new Wiz-Bang BB10 OS.... which is supposed to have a HUGE app selection, the device will run their favorite ANDROID app if needed... and insures "support" and new apps will be a ongoing thing for several years.

At the point they feel warehouse levels have dropped to a acceptable level - CEO comes back and says BB10 OS will not be provided to PlayBook owners.

How convenient.
    Please excuse my ignorance but if I read all that I'll have had 7 birthdays, two christenings, four weddings and my own funeral.

I did however pick up on the comment regarding returns. If you want to really start searching try to find out the return rate for the company saving bb10 devices????????

And people keep bleating on about no bb10 for the pb!

We should be giving thor a bonus for saving us from the diabolical farcical abortion that bb10 is and I cincerly hope that every member of the bb10 development team have lost their jobs over it!!!!!!!!!!!!??!

The new company saving hope is bb7? Oh I thought we had that already?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:35 PM
    The new company saving hope is bb7? Oh I thought we had that already?
    You've obviously not tried the OS7 version that has been:

Re-designed, Re-engineered and Re-invented
    07-04-13 12:42 PM
1,583 ... 2425262728 ...