Not to beat a dead horse. (yeah right)
    and in the event that there are still people walking around with 'rose coloured glasses on'

This just in from fearless leader....

Chief Executive Thorsten Heins said it would take "at least a few quarters" to turn BlackBerry around and he insisted the company would stay the course. (That statement alone must make sphincters tighten)......but wait for it...

"We're not sitting here devastated or destroyed," ( Tell that to the shareholders...who took a beating.... and of course this little nugget ) Heins told Reuters in an interview after the results came out. "In my view, given where we are with the portfolio and the roll-out, it actually was a good quarter."

Analysts, on average, had expected a profit of 6 cents a share, on revenue of $3.36 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

The net loss was $84 million, or 16 cents a share in the quarter, down from $518 million, or 99 cents a share a year ago.

but....

Heins told Reuters in an interview after the results came out. "In my view, given where we are with the portfolio and the roll-out, it actually was a good quarter."

BlackBerry did not provide a detailed outlook for the rest of the year, saying the smartphone market remained highly competitive, making it difficult to estimate units, revenue and levels of profitability.

In light of the high lighted sections above i would like to give my 2 cents worth:

CEOs live in rarified air....I don't for a second think this one or any 'CEO' of a large multi-billion dollar company...worries about the lowly common man....and i also don't think that they worry about the average stockholders (wait...before you jump and tell me its there of course they worry about the stock price) hear me out....

In my opinion ....most .CEOs are sociopaths....

Sociopaths are masters at influence and deception. Very little of what they say actually checks out in terms of facts or reality, but they're extremely skillful at making the things they say sound believable, even if they're just making them up out of thin air. ...............now contrast that with what has been 'preached', promised, and implied.

I didn't say 'He' was good at it.....but...

Sociopaths tend to attract a following just because people want to be around them. and attract people who typically seek guidance or direction. They tend to do/say bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do.(statements promising updates, declaring no more tablets within five years, playbook update..not update)

They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others. This is why you will find many very "successful" sociopaths in highest levels of management.

and finally...

Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!

When you reach the top.....you believe the hype....the yes men....because you surround yourself with yes men. You 'eat' your enemies.....and your enemies are everywhere...and everyone who stands in your way....and your way is the right way because it must be because you are in charge...and 'they' put you in charge because 'they' know you are right....so You are Right...You know.....what is needed to be done....you speak and everyone listens...stocks..raise and fall on what you say...you are insulated ...you have a contract....with options...(well below market price)...and a golden parachute.....because they had to give it to you...otherwise ...someone else would 'snap' you up......but they caved....And If it All Fails.....its not your fault....it's R$D....or His fault ...or Her fault...the market wasn't ready for the 'new, best' its saturated with the 'old,same'.......Its not your fault.....It can't be your fault...and if it is....

you have the 'stock options' ....you have the golden parachute.....

When a CEO of a multi/million or billion company Fs up....even if he gets fired/resigns...in disgrace....some company will always hire him...he will always get by.....unless he's a complete stiff, and you already know my opinion regarding TH.
    MBA from Harvard Uni? hahahaha!
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:45 PM
    Ok so I'm still waiting....... And the punchline is.........???????????
    There's a reason why Twitter exist.
    sad_old_man and Hirazi Blue like this.
    06-30-13 02:47 PM
    Ok so I'm still waiting....... And the punchline is.........???????????
    There is no Punchline....it is reality....Its sad...It is what it is....

Now i'm depressed.....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:47 PM
    Hello,
    I think it is important to get BlackBerry to unlock the bootloader. There is a petition already in Change. org for those interested: http://www.change.org/en-IN/petition...share_petition
    06-30-13 02:55 PM
    There is no Punchline....it is reality....Its sad...It is what it is....

Now i'm depressed.....
    I'll stay in my cellar then. No point two of us being depressed.
    06-30-13 03:03 PM
    I was under the impression the conference call was the punchline... (and a zinger it was!)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 03:31 PM
    Hello,
    I think it is important to get BlackBerry to unlock the bootloader. There is a petition already in Change. org for those interested: http://www.change.org/en-IN/petition...share_petition
    Yeah thats really going to happen......they'll just give you the keys......i know instead of a petition...why not tweet them,....i mean all the twatting (sneaky vulgar reference)...worked for (what i shall now an forever more refer to bb10).that which can't be named.....

sign me up....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 03:42 PM
    I'm just a figment of my own imagination, I think.
    06-30-13 03:42 PM
    I was under the impression the conference call was the punchline... (and a zinger it was!)
    thank you for rescuing me....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 03:43 PM
    I'm just a figment of my own imagination, I think.
    actually you are a figment of my imagination....instead of the saying....
    I think there for I am....it becomes
    I think there for you are.

so everything is actually my fault....
    I know I think....but i'm not sure that you actually think...because i can'not get inside your head.....

Solipsism (i/ˈsɒlɨpsɪzəm/; from Latin solus, meaning "alone", and ipse, meaning "self") is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure. The external world and other minds cannot be known, and might not exist outside the mind.

When a child is born....he knows only what he perceives....and as he grows....'the world revolves around him'.....As you get older and mortality becomes more and more apparent....he finally accepts his fate........

This cheerful thought is brought to you by Blackberry.......phones your grandparents would be proud of.....

regards
    sad_old_man, Hirazi Blue and FF22 like this.
    06-30-13 03:56 PM
    its confirmed blackberry 10.2 will only worknon the A10 because blackberry 10.2 needs 2.1 gigs of ram
    sad_old_man and blacks66 like this.
    06-30-13 03:56 PM
    its confirmed blackberry 10.2 will only worknon the A10 because blackberry 10.2 needs 2.1 gigs of ram
    forgive me....but doesn't that make it a 'bloated, everything but the kitchen sink' operating system?....And as the sun sets slowly in the West.....the music builds....and the sweet sounds of Roy Rogers (i think its him)......sings....Happy Trails.....to you.....Its time to say goodbye......Happy Trails to you.....
    Hirazi Blue and sad_old_man like this.
    06-30-13 04:02 PM
    are you suggesting that Rimberry is currently pushing hardware that can't accept a software update? Say it isn't so, say it isn't so.

They would have to view their current user base as steaming piles of chit to do something so dastardly.

Ward..... you better have a talk with the beaver
    06-30-13 04:10 PM
    Solipsism (i/ˈsɒlɨpsɪzəm/; from Latin solus, meaning "alone", and ipse, meaning "self") is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist.
    Solipsism is no fun. My own position has always been that I only exist because I am being imagined by others... (which can be pretty scary, when you're home alone)
    FF22 likes this.
    06-30-13 04:11 PM
    Solipsism is no fun. My own position has always been that I only exist because I am being imagined by others...
    I used to think Rim thought I existed but alas it was only in my head....hence I think Lex is onto something. Damn my head starts to hurt when Don Rickles is in charge.
    06-30-13 04:18 PM
    Solipsism is no fun. My own position has always been that I only exist because I am being imagined by others...
    then you would have no control over your actions...and you only would exist if I think you exist....so i guess i'm actually answering my own statement that i 'imagined' you would post....
    06-30-13 04:19 PM
    Well, you think I think you've got it...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 04:21 PM
    i keep pressing 'hot this week' button....and i'm never on it? i'm going to be 'twatting' my experience to BBRY....

Ya think they'll get the humour?
    06-30-13 04:22 PM
    Cardinal humour, I presume.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 04:24 PM
    are you suggesting that Rimberry is currently pushing hardware that can't accept a software update? Say it isn't so, say it isn't so.

They would have to view their current user base as steaming piles of chit to do something so dastardly.

Wards not here...he's out looking for the beaver.........
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 04:25 PM
    forgive me....but doesn't that make it a 'bloated, everything but the kitchen sink' operating system?....And as the sun sets slowly in the West.....the music builds....and the sweet sounds of Roy Rogers (i think its him)......sings....Happy Trails.....to you.....Its time to say goodbye......Happy Trails to you.....
    oh its as bloated as my stomach after a all you can eat buffet
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 04:43 PM

no I'm saying their pushing hardware that can only take one incrimental update that gives it functions it should of had at launch ....but that's it
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 04:45 PM
    no I'm saying their pushing hardware that can only take one incrimental update that gives it functions it should of had at launch ....but that's it
    oh so not a software update, just a fix for the flawed software they had to delay releasing forever, just to ensure they got it right.

I see now
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 06:31 PM
    oh so not a software update, just a fix for the flawed software they had to delay releasing forever, just to ensure they got it right.

I see now
    yea now you got it ! that's the hardware blackberry releases
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 06:37 PM
    They are getting out of the business. Either you update and support your device, or you unlock the bootloader. They would sell those 100k tablets faster that way.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 08:45 PM
1,583 ... 2223242526 ...