yawnnnnnnnnnnn! feeling sleepy!

spock : spock to enterprise, this your acting commander spock, enterprise respond.
    enterprise : hello commander spock, yes, how can we help you!
    spock : beam me down a hammock and a beach hat and a beer crate and 2 bottles of bacardi and a beach slippers!
    ............ 2 seconds pause ............
    spock : this spock to enterprise, this is spock to enterprise, cancel whatever i asked you beam down here to me, instead beam me up, here its too dry and too mundane and what i saw was nothing but a screen saver....!
    enterprise : wtf!........

thanks!
    paul
    ok now i'm confused....what did you do with QuackQuack...someone jtagged his brain...and now he makes sense...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 11:28 AM
    still no habla
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1372609731555.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 11:29 AM
    ok now i'm confused....what did you do with QuackQuack...someone jtagged his brain...and now he makes sense...
    You left the pill bottle open
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 11:31 AM
    Kirk to quackquack: Dr.McCoy has informed me that you are over-worked and stressed out.
    Take a break! That's an order. Kirk out.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 11:32 AM

thanks!
    paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 11:35 AM
    Kirk to quackquack: Dr.McCoy has informed me that you are over-worked and stressed out.
    Take a break! That's an order. Kirk out.

thanks!
    paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 11:38 AM
    This must be that "Famous last thread"
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 12:51 PM
    aww another misguided soul who thinks this thread was ever about bb10 for the playbook
    Just annoying to get unread notifications for something I didn't really care in the first place. :P

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:52 PM
    Well we know that's a myth. It's a ferret!
    rectum, nearly killed him.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 12:55 PM
    This must be that "Famous last thread"
    The famous last thread in the playbook forum might be:
    "Thorstens' golden handshake. He gets 20 millions and we got no update"
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 01:08 PM
    Q - So when did you figure out, there was something rotten in the land of Blackberry Playbook?
    A - The moment I could afford one...
    "sad" but true...
    sad_old_man and millerliteboy like this.
    06-30-13 01:35 PM
    I'll be in my cellar waiting for bb11.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    06-30-13 01:43 PM
    So I guess we can take this forum down ha.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 01:46 PM
    Nope, first everybody has to agree about a class action, then there's the unopened bootloader and then there's still us...
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 06-30-13 at 02:07 PM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 01:47 PM
    So I guess we can take this forum down ha.

Posted via CB10
    Just kinda wondering myself if Kevin would 86 this forum but I guess not because you still find forums for the Storm and other blackberry failures.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 01:50 PM
    Makes perfect sense to me
    Good god!! You did it!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 01:59 PM
    rectum, nearly killed him.
    Still the digestive system, albeit it's the end of the system.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:01 PM
    I'll be in my cellar waiting for bb11.
    And rightly so!
    Just imagine they find out there are another 100,000 unsold playbooks out there in some warehouse.
    Maybe the real reason bb10 is not coming to all playbooks is that bb11 will.
    Let's wait until the official announcement.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:11 PM
    And there you have it: another two years wasted... Bring it on!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:14 PM
    And rightly so!
    Just imagine they find out there are another 100,000 unsold playbooks out there in some warehouse.
    Maybe the real reason bb10 is not coming to all playbooks is that bb11 will.
    I do hope they keep a few around incase we need to send in ours for replacement. At least that part of the service is great.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:15 PM
    I do hope they keep a few around incase we need to send in ours for replacement. At least that part of the service is great.
    How come if the pb is such a reliable piece of hardware, how do so many people know how good the BB replacement service is?
    Hirazi Blue and blacks66 like this.
    06-30-13 02:29 PM
    Not to beat a dead horse. (yeah right)
    and in the event that there are still people walking around with 'rose coloured glasses on'

This just in from fearless leader....

Chief Executive Thorsten Heins said it would take "at least a few quarters" to turn BlackBerry around and he insisted the company would stay the course. (That statement alone must make sphincters tighten)......but wait for it...

"We're not sitting here devastated or destroyed," ( Tell that to the shareholders...who took a beating.... and of course this little nugget ) Heins told Reuters in an interview after the results came out. "In my view, given where we are with the portfolio and the roll-out, it actually was a good quarter."

Analysts, on average, had expected a profit of 6 cents a share, on revenue of $3.36 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

The net loss was $84 million, or 16 cents a share in the quarter, down from $518 million, or 99 cents a share a year ago.

but....

Heins told Reuters in an interview after the results came out. "In my view, given where we are with the portfolio and the roll-out, it actually was a good quarter."

BlackBerry did not provide a detailed outlook for the rest of the year, saying the smartphone market remained highly competitive, making it difficult to estimate units, revenue and levels of profitability.

In light of the high lighted sections above i would like to give my 2 cents worth:

CEOs live in rarified air....I don't for a second think this one or any 'CEO' of a large multi-billion dollar company...worries about the lowly common man....and i also don't think that they worry about the average stockholders (wait...before you jump and tell me its there of course they worry about the stock price) hear me out....

In my opinion ....most .CEOs are sociopaths....

Sociopaths are masters at influence and deception. Very little of what they say actually checks out in terms of facts or reality, but they're extremely skillful at making the things they say sound believable, even if they're just making them up out of thin air. ...............now contrast that with what has been 'preached', promised, and implied.

I didn't say 'He' was good at it.....but...

Sociopaths tend to attract a following just because people want to be around them. and attract people who typically seek guidance or direction. They tend to do/say bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do.(statements promising updates, declaring no more tablets within five years, playbook update..not update)

They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others. This is why you will find many very "successful" sociopaths in highest levels of management.

and finally...

Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!

When you reach the top.....you believe the hype....the yes men....because you surround yourself with yes men. You 'eat' your enemies.....and your enemies are everywhere...and everyone who stands in your way....and your way is the right way because it must be because you are in charge...and 'they' put you in charge because 'they' know you are right....so You are Right...You know.....what is needed to be done....you speak and everyone listens...stocks..raise and fall on what you say...you are insulated ...you have a contract....with options...(well below market price)...and a golden parachute.....because they had to give it to you...otherwise ...someone else would 'snap' you up......but they caved....And If it All Fails.....its not your fault....it's R$D....or His fault ...or Her fault...the market wasn't ready for the 'new, best' its saturated with the 'old,same'.......Its not your fault.....It can't be your fault...and if it is....

you have the 'stock options' ....you have the golden parachute.....

When a CEO of a multi/million or billion company Fs up....even if he gets fired/resigns...in disgrace....some company will always hire him...he will always get by.....unless he's a complete stiff, and you already know my opinion regarding TH.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:31 PM
    How come if the pb is such a reliable piece of hardware, how do so many people know how good the BB replacement service is?
    Please hold all questions until the end of the presentation.

The end is coming soon
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 02:32 PM
    Not to beat a dead horse. (yeah right)
    and in the event that there are still people walking around with 'rose coloured glasses on'

This just in from fearless leader....

Chief Executive Thorsten Heins said it would take "at least a few quarters" to turn BlackBerry around and he insisted the company would stay the course. (That statement alone must make sphincters tighten)......but wait for it...

"We're not sitting here devastated or destroyed," ( Tell that to the shareholders...who took a beating.... and of course this little nugget ) Heins told Reuters in an interview after the results came out. "In my view, given where we are with the portfolio and the roll-out, it actually was a good quarter."

Analysts, on average, had expected a profit of 6 cents a share, on revenue of $3.36 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

The net loss was $84 million, or 16 cents a share in the quarter, down from $518 million, or 99 cents a share a year ago.

but....

Heins told Reuters in an interview after the results came out. "In my view, given where we are with the portfolio and the roll-out, it actually was a good quarter."

BlackBerry did not provide a detailed outlook for the rest of the year, saying the smartphone market remained highly competitive, making it difficult to estimate units, revenue and levels of profitability.

In light of the high lighted sections above i would like to give my 2 cents worth:

CEOs live in rarified air....I don't for a second think this one or any 'CEO' of a large multi-billion dollar company...worries about the lowly common man....and i also don't think that they worry about the average stockholders (wait...before you jump and tell me its there of course they worry about the stock price) hear me out....

In my opinion ....most .CEOs are sociopaths....

Sociopaths are masters at influence and deception. Very little of what they say actually checks out in terms of facts or reality, but they're extremely skillful at making the things they say sound believable, even if they're just making them up out of thin air. ...............now contrast that with what has been 'preached', promised, and implied.

I didn't say 'He' was good at it.....but...

Sociopaths tend to attract a following just because people want to be around them. and attract people who typically seek guidance or direction. They tend to do/say bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do.(statements promising updates, declaring no more tablets within five years, playbook update..not update)

They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others. This is why you will find many very "successful" sociopaths in highest levels of management.

and finally...

Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!

When you reach the top.....you believe the hype....the yes men....because you surround yourself with yes men. You 'eat' your enemies.....and your enemies are everywhere...and everyone who stands in your way....and your way is the right way because it must be because you are in charge...and 'they' put you in charge because 'they' know you are right....so You are Right...You know.....what is needed to be done....you speak and everyone listens...stocks..raise and fall on what you say...you are insulated ...you have a contract....with options...(well below market price)...and a golden parachute.....because they had to give it to you...otherwise ...someone else would 'snap' you up......but they caved....And If it All Fails.....its not your fault....it's R$D....or His fault ...or Her fault...the market wasn't ready for the 'new, best' its saturated with the 'old,same'.......Its not your fault.....It can't be your fault...and if it is....

you have the 'stock options' ....you have the golden parachute.....

When a CEO of a multi/million or billion company Fs up....even if he gets fired/resigns...in disgrace....some company will always hire him...he will always get by.....unless he's a complete stiff, and you already know my opinion regarding TH.
    Ok so I'm still waiting....... And the punchline is.........???????????
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    06-30-13 02:40 PM
    CEOs and Sociopaths....

I was the first and I am the second

lol.....oh (if you're still here when they turn the lights off) could you let me know where you're going to be....i would hate to be sitting here talking to myself.....

regards
    06-30-13 02:44 PM
1,583 ... 2122232425 ...