I speaketh the truth!!! RIM is dead or dying, BB10 for PB is a dream, Thor Heins will sell everything to Microsoft and make a few mil.

OK I'm heading back up the well, up the spindle, call me up anytime you hit Freeside. Say you're looking for the Wig...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 04:45 AM
    *Blackberry
    06-18-13 04:50 AM
    *Blackberry
    *BlackBerry

Via Zeppelin 10
    06-18-13 05:05 AM
    *BlackBerry

Via Zeppelin 10
    R u kidding me?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-18-13 05:20 AM
    Told ya not to scare him now u made him angry.
    I will send u some extraterrestrial stuff if u need help.
    you really think so i will give up so quick? this is a forest. and i live on the trees. hehehe
    thanks
    -paul
    06-18-13 05:37 AM
    you really think so i will give up so quick? this is a forest. and i live on the trees. hehehe
    thanks
    -paul
    Concrete trees
    06-18-13 05:43 AM
    I speaketh the truth!!! RIM is dead or dying, BB10 for PB is a dream, Thor Heins will sell everything to Microsoft and make a few mil.

OK I'm heading back up the well, up the spindle, call me up anytime you hit Freeside. Say you're looking for the Wig...
    truth is bitter, no one likes it except a few. those who know how to handle the truth? moves on. RIM was nice once upon a time. i wanted one BB than nokia 3310. But days are gone. They (RIM and Nokia) were leading the rat race. but open gsm project took the cake away from them and gave them back to community.
    ever noticed one thing, android apps in BB? does it mean anything? what was an open gsm -> present android, was beyond imagination? lets the joe developers like me go beyond the final frontier.
    M$ is okay except the EULA. and its this EULA which is the reason i avoid it. and lastly they give away free source with too many terms and conditions. xenix is still M$'s unix which it intends to kill. But we at FOSS know the clear and present danger, and always hard fight battles.
    "IF" we run android apps converted to .bar then its time to move on and either install android which many would love to have many would grumble, many loyalist will still defend RIM, but those who are practical will move on leaving the legacy behind and give a salute to RIM for their superiority once followed by a three finger salute later for letting their loyal customers down. viz. blueberrymerry
    its their lack of leadership and orientation which lead to this chaos and their downfall. i wish them a speedy recovery, but looks like the cancer called greed has eaten them up from inside. and there is nothing even they can do about it. eventually it will either be sold or chapter 11 bankrupcy.
    RIP RIM RIP!
    i still hold high regards for RIM, i will be happy if they recover but this is the final stage and no chemo or radiation can help them. they are destined to doom.
    sad to see stubborn-ness of the giants like RIM and Nokia android flourished. the name of the game is "retain your old customers, give them what they want and not what you want. stuffing your ideas will never help. it never did never will. BUT as usual RIM is walking on the same footsteps of nokia."
    i still love my N900 and also playbook. but i think i made my choice, move on. learn the embedded system and create the OS of my choice, use their hardware but dump their software.
    peace!
    my 2 cents. sorry i am an indian. we dont use cents. we use paisa. so?
    my 2 paisa of advice to RIM? give customers what they want and not what you want.
    but no use they are deaf and this deafness will lead them to extinction.
    have seen many giants like these collapse eg sco, hardcore ego!
    but looks like these corporates never learn from others mistakes.
    i guess this is the most depressing thread in the forum and i guess many more will come.
    but i have moved on. i may buy their hardware, but will never use their software.
    signing out. loads of work to do.
    thanks
    -paul
    Dr_Acula and blueberrymerry like this.
    06-18-13 05:52 AM
    Pecan pie.
    yellowhammer likes this.
    06-18-13 07:43 AM
    i must learn to shut up. and devote more energy to this RIM's Blackberry Playbook menace. i am getting close to the pin outs and also the logic. So i must return back to my study tree have too many bananas and jugs of water. read and crack this logic. because even if i crack the 3072 bit its hopeless. what if its stuck to my device alone. then only my device is unlocked. some universal method has to be found. i am sick of shouting. i got a sore throat.
    looks like i can read all the circuit (even tho i am a big 0 in electronics and electrical science) with my multimeter. gawd damn there are tonnes of inputs. i will post my findings in the rooting forum and the posts/threads there.
    and i realised one thing. rather than asking RIM, rather begging RIM for a solution like bridge and BB 10.x i download foundry27 : View Wiki Page: GetTheOSSource and compile qnx and wipe clean and install my qnx. i am sick and tired and fed up of their promises and lies. and i can rant and rave here all day and night long, but once again counter productive.
    which is why i need to divert myself and let the arena be taken over by those who still wish to continue to do so. no problemo amigo!
    but i need to spend and waste my time carefully. one life and cant waste ranting. heading back to rooting forum and posting my findings there.
    "RIM, i dont even have time to show your policy even my middle finger, go screw yourself RIM. i am done with ya RIM!"
    heck!
    hope this helps, and hope this is the last post i am going back to my root to help myself.
    signing out from this post. this is mundane depressing and utterly counter productive and a slug fest. thanks but no thanks.
    thanks
    -paul
    (paying customer is always RIGHT, consumer is KING, NEVER BARGAIN WITH YOUR KING, RIM got this message awefully wrong)
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-18-13 07:59 AM
    before you set your gorrila army? have a look at this and then place your bet on the table.
    bad monkey...
    thanks
    -paul
    Spoiler alert: (I guess we don't have a Spoiler Tag to hide stuff????)

Oh, good, a happy ending. I fully expected it to be lunch or dinner. It was really cute - tweaking the ears and tail.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 08:40 AM
    Spoiler alert: (I guess we don't have a Spoiler Tag to hide stuff????)

Oh, good, a happy ending. I fully expected it to be lunch or dinner. It was really cute - tweaking the ears and tail.
    Pecan pie is a happy ending!
    06-18-13 09:15 AM
    Here I thought apple pie brings the happy ending.
    BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-imgres.jpeg
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 09:48 AM
    Here I thought apple pie brings the happy ending.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imgres.jpeg 
Views:	1734 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	173463
    How can a person get to my age and not know that you have to undress to eat pie?
    06-18-13 11:24 AM
    How can a person get to my age and not know that you have to undress to eat pie?
    It's the old timer disease. Perhaps a regular intake of Ginkgo Biloba will help.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 11:30 AM
    It's the old timer disease. Perhaps a regular intake of Ginkgo Biloba will help.
    I don't eat foreign things that I kant spell!
    06-18-13 11:40 AM
    I've got a good recipe.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 11:44 AM
    I've got a good recipe.
    I didn't know there was a bad recipe for it?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-18-13 11:49 AM
    Blackberry has not been silent, they have not said a lot but they have not been silent.

We all know Thorston Heins said Blackberry 10 will be on all playbooks by the end of the year, he more recently said that their tablet plans have not changed. If we take those 2 statements in mind with the FACT that the playbooks resolution has been re added to the 10.2 SDK (was removed in 10.1) 1024x600 its pretty clear looking at all three of these statments that its only a matter of time before we have 10.2 in one shape or form on our little black workhorses.

Blackberry has not been entirely silent on the issue, but they have also not said a lot at the same time. you just have to have ears to hear and know where to look.

Keep your eyes peeled there is a lot of good stuff happening in the meantime.

and please please please stop all the blackberry are liars posts cause it simply is not true
    If you believe BB10 is coming to our Playbooks by Christmas 2013 then I have some other really good news for you too, IOS Android and Microsoft are merging to make a super company called iAndroidSoft. Their first tablets and hansets will be available for a Christmas 2013 release right along with the BB10 release to Playbook...

Back to reality: Blackberry's track record for keeping promises is very low, so I wouldn't take much stock with Heins promise of BB10 coming to our Playbooks by 2013's end.

What IS happening here is Playbook has reached the end of the line much like the Microsoft Zune did in 2010. Whats a Zune you say? It was Microsoft's failed iPod killer...but I digress. Blackberry still has many unsold Playbooks and if they did indeed make their intention known they are no longer supporting this device, they'd be stuck with tons of unsold stock, and no sane company is gonna do that.

I'd love to see BB10 on my Playbook but I've heard Kevin say many times the hardware in Playbook is too clunky to run BB10, as you need at least a 1.5 GHZ processor and 2 gigs or ram to run it smoothly. If a company remains silent on a product upgrade you can almost be guarenteed Playbook will never see BB10.
    Last edited by TouchScreen123; 06-18-13 at 06:38 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-18-13 03:55 PM
    Pecan pie.
    pellican pie
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 03:59 PM
    If you believe BB10 is coming to our Playbooks by Christmas 2013 then I have some other really good news for you too, IOS Android and Microsoft are merging to make a super company called iAndroidSoft. Their first tablets and hansets will be available for a Christmas 2013 release right along with the BB10 release to Playbook...

Back to reality: Blackberry's track record for keeping promises is very low, so I wouldn't take much stock with Heins promise of BB10 coming to our Playbooks by 2013's end.

What IS happening here is Playbook has reached the end of the line much like the Microsoft Zune did in 2010. Whats a Zune you say? It was Microsoft's failed iPod killer...but I digress. Blackberry still has many unsold Playbooks and if they did indeed make their intention known they are no longer supporting this device, they'd be stuck with tons of unsold stock, and no sane company is gonna do that.

I'd love to see BB10 on my Playbook but I've heard Kevin say many times the hardware in Playbook is too clunky to run BB10, as you need at least a 1.5 GHZ processor and 2 gigs or ram to run it smoothly. If a company remains silent on a product upgrade you can almost be guarenteed Playbook will never see BB10.
    i decided once not to post here, but leaving aside all -ve theory of relativity.
    i am speaking as a geek and nothing more. ranters are there to fill the space.
    here it goes. omap4430 is clocked @1 ghz and it can be over clocked to 1.2 ghz officially. keeping OMAP3430 which is 600 Mhz and has been over clocked to 1.2 Ghz then OMAP4430 which is next gen can also be over clocked. and its done in the 1 st stage bootloader and also in the 2nd stage chain bootloader.
    and 2 gigs of RAM? you hit the nail hard in the head. i dont think RIM will even think of doing it. you got any idea how much money have to spent on VLSI sh!t? a company which is *this* incompetence already enough to loose its userbase, will even try it?
    with a new RAM they need to remap the entire CPU, because cpu has a cache which inits RAM here LDDR2, you kidding me? tell me its a joke that they will upsize the RAM. CPU init second stage happens when cache is used as a RAM and it inits the RAM. duh! sorry for going this technical.
    seriously? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Forget it! it is not happening. IMHO!
    thanks
    -paul
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-19-13 02:47 AM
    pellican pie
    But it's beak will stick out through the crust silly!
    06-19-13 06:52 AM
    But it's beak will stick out through the crust silly!
    you don't eat the beak you trade it for nig beautiful ivory tusks
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-19-13 07:51 AM
    you don't eat the beak you trade it for nig beautiful ivory tusks
    Yeah, then hit the cat with the ivory tusks!
    06-19-13 08:27 AM
    Yeah, then hit the cat with the ivory tusks!
    not hit lol, but dangle a catnip mouse from the end of it ! its high tech mind control
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-19-13 08:32 AM
    not hit lol, but dangle a catnip mouse from the end of it ! its high tech mind control
    Fishing for cats eh! I like it.
    06-19-13 08:43 AM
1,583 ... 7891011 ...