..I'm excited
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 07:37 PM
    It will.come when all PlayBook's battery's are expected to die
    ..I'm excited
    I bought my playbook in 2013 so no dying for my battery
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 07:39 PM
    From a business point of view it would make more sense for BlackBerry to launch a new tablet with bb10. Its what everybody else does to make you purchase new hardware. I would purchase a new tablet if it was released, as would many PlayBook owners.
    I am sorry, May be you are fine but not all the early adaptors are fine. Seems like you are ok if BB kills the PlayBook, imagine if Z10 is the next PlayBook I guess you will be ok with that too.

@Barracuda7772 : "We all know Thorston Heins said Blackberry 10 will be on all playbooks by the end of the year". Seriously end of the year? PlayBook will be absolute and there would be no reason to bring BB10. Again BB continues to delay everything. Hope BB can pickup some pase!
    06-15-13 07:56 PM
    Oh ffs.........
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 08:06 PM
    I never doubted them for a second
    06-15-13 08:13 PM
    I am sorry, May be you are fine but not all the early adaptors are fine. Seems like you are ok if BB kills the PlayBook, imagine if Z10 is the next PlayBook I guess you will be ok with that too.

@Barracuda7772 : "We all know Thorston Heins said Blackberry 10 will be on all playbooks by the end of the year". Seriously end of the year? PlayBook will be absolute and there would be no reason to bring BB10. Again BB continues to delay everything. Hope BB can pickup some pase!
    i am trying my best to get the loader wiped clean. so you guys can port custom android roms. i gave up on RIM ages ago. they and nokia and MS got a massive head bent ego issue. i hope i succeed. thats all i can say.
    shame on RIM, they loose their loyal customers in exchange for a handful corporate and institutionalized customers. which is why i am taking this drastic step of wiping the device and porting android for you folks who are on eternal wait. and i move on with fun and adventure with coreboot.
    thats all i can say now.
    this BB10 is hopeless and like how untakenusername says indeed its
    "FFS"
    thanks
    -paul
    06-15-13 08:23 PM
    It could be, that the strategy here is to keep quiet, suddenly - there's this crazy update for an old tablet. Showing the world how well BlackBerry 10 can be tailored to run - even on older hardware, and blow people's minds with that. That would be pretty cool. Either way, I still like my OG PlayBook.

I doubt they will wholesale abandon the tablet space altogether because there is definitely a validly perceived need for such devices, especially to replace laptops as the go to mobile computer solution and for second screen initiatives. The PlayBook with BlackBerry 10 and a new "all inclusive" administrative / fun BlackBerry kick **** tablet powerhouse are both in order. As well as the A10. So, future could be pretty exciting... hmmm
    06-15-13 08:33 PM
    Tablets are more practical and better than desktops and laptops. Meaning, these people who make all the computers (desktops and laptops) aren't going to just jump into the inevitable replacement and cannibalization of their own "markets". It is a tough pill to swallow for companies who make a ton of cash selling desktops and laptops to people who only falsly think they're needed. Consumerism. Capitalism. Both getting in the way of the evolution to an ALL MOBILE digital existence where your one or two devices do everything they're capable of doing, and more. Talking to other machines and screens wireless. Apple wants to sell you a macbook and a tablet / phone as well as an ipod, and a desktop, and other useless crap. BlackBerry has a massive advantage because they know the future is not that.
    06-15-13 08:42 PM
    BlackBerry makes the future now. With BlackBerry 10 phones and tablets that are meant to be a complete alternative (eventually) to the desktop and laptop world of old. I'm not eve being weird or joking, I'm not talking trash or being stupid. I think I'm dead on target with what's to come. While these other companies work hard to hold onto selling a bunch of devices that all do the same thing to people who buy right into that, BlackBerry works hard to simplify and bring the future closer. I don't think that old school world and mentality can last. That's why I don't support apple in any way shape or form and try to support BlackBerry to the fullest, I truly feel they're doing the right thing.
    06-15-13 08:47 PM
    Meaning, these people who make all the computers (desktops and laptops) aren't going to just jump into the inevitable replacement and cannibalization of their own "markets". It is a tough pill to swallow for companies who make a ton of cash selling desktops and laptops to people who only falsly think they're needed.
    you are wrong, VLSI developers from intel phooked up their own fate. They dug their own grave.
    idiyuts and yeediates and iduts and ideeotes have made atom quad core in each and every aspect same as 3 rd gen i5/i7.
    ehehehehehe.
    which means this. if an atom chip which costs 100 US$ has abc/xyz functionality then a haskell chip which costs 450 US$ has the same functionality as abc/xyz. ditto functionality wise.
    and worst they branded it as celeron.
    muhahahahahaha!
    now if a client goes to buy an atom processor ends up buying the celeron which is atom for the price of intel 3 rd gen i5/i7 cpu @price of celeron which 5-6 years earlier.
    hope you understand this entangled math.
    this is why over smartness is extremely dangerous. you end up out smarting yourself. they went all upsleeve to out smart arm and ended up outsmarting themselves.
    muhahahahahahahahaha
    hope you understand what i said.
    in simple english? you get atom branded as celeron which is as good or even better than haskell at 1/4 or even less 1/5 the price of haskell aka 3 rd gen 15/i7.
    i think RIM and nokia and MS following the same path but in a different way!
    hope this helps!
    thanks
    -paul

p.s. bonus information. if you know about x-gene http://www.apm.com/products/x-gene you will know this that its a 64-bit arm cpu with C-A9 or better capability this is old news from 2011. Yes IIRC then you can run a quad core 64 bit ARM on your mobile or tablet or something like that which eats only 2-3 watts.
    HP and IBM are on a rat race to build clusters. HP was the first to build moonshot arm. the latest is 1500 servers each a single cell aka like a pci card full 5.5 volts which is similar to that of your vga card and there can be 1,800 servers per 47U rack which means 1800 quadcore 64 bit arm cpu in the system which is barely like a 3-4 desktops combined together. they dont use x-gene but they use caldera. which is not 64 bit but quad core 32 bit arm.
    now this is what i am speaking of news which was way back in 2011. this is 2013 mike. BB is the rabbit and unfortunately due to their policy has been disqualified. too many turtles joined the race. which means RIM is OOB! Brave men! i salute you for your patronage torawds RIM but its time to move on.
    GAME OVER!
    Last edited by quackquack147; 06-15-13 at 09:23 PM. Reason: more info added!
    06-15-13 08:58 PM
    The silicon industry is all about yields - sometimes you can't get a batch to hit the specified speed or rating, so rather than dump the whole batch, you give it a different part number A Celeron may be a Haskell with a core disabled because it can't turbo properly. Intel is (in)famous for this, AMD does it, everybody does it.

Atom is from a different, older architecture though. Even the latest Z-series Atom SoCs are no match for ARM A15 and Krait designs. The key is compatibility - you can run decades' worth of existing x86 programs on an Atom tablet (albeit slowly) compared to a fast ARM chip that needs recompiling.

So anyway, RIM is dead
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-15-13 10:04 PM
    The silicon industry is all about yields - sometimes you can't get a batch to hit the specified speed or rating, so rather than dump the whole batch, you give it a different part number A Celeron may be a Haskell with a core disabled because it can't turbo properly. Intel is (in)famous for this, AMD does it, everybody does it.

Atom is from a different, older architecture though. Even the latest Z-series Atom SoCs are no match for ARM A15 and Krait designs. The key is compatibility - you can run decades' worth of existing x86 programs on an Atom tablet (albeit slowly) compared to a fast ARM chip that needs recompiling.

So anyway, RIM is dead
    true true true! you are asking for trouble. core disabled its what AMD is famous for. a friend of mine called me to install coreboot in his motherboard why he couldnt get any way to unlock the black edition of amd phenom. and amd wanted money to unlock all cores. i installed coreboot and all cores were visible. we have seen may screw ups like these, then a monster undertable bribe to cover up their mess then again repeat the whole process. its nothing new. its the axing own feet which i am talking about.
    yes atom zseries are also no match for A15 because they borrowed the free lunch from physics. heat and cores and silicon transistors and moores curve. more than compatibility its ease of execution a joe user will want his device to out perform else's device.
    Playbook is faster than many intel tabs (i havent seen many intel tabs), if the end user could tune their OS and use it according to their wish. sadly RIM likes to loose customers. i wish RIM and TI and old giants used some common sense and realise the one extra shot can break the camels neck. but the extra profit and ultra market share and loosing sense completely is the main reason.
    name of the game is give users what they want.
    i feel like i am paying rent in my own house with playbook.
    MS devices? no thanks thanks please. windows 8 wont run on a device where securebootis not turned on in the EFI. EFI? sigh sigh sigh.
    something which gets me ultra irritated. is the three letter word EFI and NDA. damn it.
    todays users are not so naive as 20 or odd 10 years ago. they dont like chained vip treatment. they need freedom and flexibility and speed and compatibility and performance. and who gives it wins it. blackberry and nokia and M$ just doesnt do that. hence they are towards their own self destruct mode.
    and lastly?
    "So anyway, RIM is dead" yes! its time to kiss RIM goodbye. and nothing more. stubborn egoism is the main reason for the fall of this giant.
    RIP RIM RIP!
    thanks
    -paul
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-15-13 10:23 PM
    I cannot wait. My PlayBook seems so slow compared to my Z10. I hope BB10 truly makes it to the PlayBook. That would make my year.
    06-15-13 10:32 PM
    Funny thread, now everybody calm down...lol
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    06-15-13 10:39 PM
    I have been reading a lot of PB threads,thinking of getting one. Use my 9900 to BT or Wifi to bridge to PB. A lot of this "are we gonna get BB10 or not "could be sorted out if our CB Leaders could INTERVIEW Mr Thorston Heins in a face to face update from time to time. Would be in BlackBerry's benefit. We are mostly loyal repeat customers and would like to see them suceed and we buy more products. Seems like common sense to keep your customers up to date .
    06-15-13 11:59 PM
    i think people need to stop pushing for BB10 on the playbook. what blackberry needs right now is to devote all its resources into the operating system to regain market share first. then lets talk about the tablet
    06-16-13 12:51 AM

BRIIIIIIDGE!
    bozvandam, JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    06-16-13 02:23 AM
    I have a Z10 and am very happy with it. What is there to be pissed off about?
    Last edited by bvinceb; 06-16-13 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
    06-16-13 03:10 AM
    I'm glad you're happy with your Z10. I wouldn't buy one in its currently feature-incomplete, buggy state, but... I'm glad it's working for you.

However, I think you might be in the wrong forum.

This is the Playbook forum, where we reminisce over what PB might have been, and what it might still be if it gains BB10. Meanwhile, we drink (brandy is the tipple of choice round here), have randomly tangential conversations (as only folk with too much brandy inside them can have), and generally wait to see whether RIM will actually deliver on the "BB10 on PB" promise.

That said, we're always keen to see new members join our inebriated crew, so welcome!

Can I offer you a glass of something?
    06-16-13 05:27 AM
    i think people need to stop pushing for BB10 on the playbook. what blackberry needs right now is to devote all its resources into the operating system to regain market share first. then lets talk about the tablet
    So r u a share holder or some of or relatives r.
    Consumers do care about the growth of their brand but not at the cost of them being unable to deliver.
    06-16-13 05:39 AM
    Wow, I initially thought you are contributing to the thread.

true true true! you are asking for trouble. core disabled its what AMD is famous for. a friend of mine called me to install coreboot in his motherboard why he couldnt get any way to unlock the black edition of amd phenom. and amd wanted money to unlock all cores. i installed coreboot and all cores were visible. we have seen may screw ups like these, then a monster undertable bribe to cover up their mess then again repeat the whole process. its nothing new. its the axing own feet which i am talking about.
    yes atom zseries are also no match for A15 because they borrowed the free lunch from physics. heat and cores and silicon transistors and moores curve. more than compatibility its ease of execution a joe user will want his device to out perform else's device.
    Playbook is faster than many intel tabs (i havent seen many intel tabs), if the end user could tune their OS and use it according to their wish. sadly RIM likes to loose customers. i wish RIM and TI and old giants used some common sense and realise the one extra shot can break the camels neck. but the extra profit and ultra market share and loosing sense completely is the main reason.
    name of the game is give users what they want.
    i feel like i am paying rent in my own house with playbook.
    MS devices? no thanks thanks please. windows 8 wont run on a device where securebootis not turned on in the EFI. EFI? sigh sigh sigh.
    something which gets me ultra irritated. is the three letter word EFI and NDA. damn it.
    todays users are not so naive as 20 or odd 10 years ago. they dont like chained vip treatment. they need freedom and flexibility and speed and compatibility and performance. and who gives it wins it. blackberry and nokia and M$ just doesnt do that. hence they are towards their own self destruct mode.
    and lastly?
    "So anyway, RIM is dead" yes! its time to kiss RIM goodbye. and nothing more. stubborn egoism is the main reason for the fall of this giant.
    RIP RIM RIP!
    thanks
    -paul
    06-16-13 05:50 AM
    Well in my case the Z10!

See what you started now you stupid fish you!
    06-16-13 06:35 AM
    I'm hopefull we will see the new OS coming to our playbook. It's funny just tonight I was looking in blackberry world and the lack of quality apps is so blatant and painful. Especially now having my Z-10. I gave my iPad to the girlfriend to use at her house instead of her desktop computer as she enjoys her iPhone and my iPad. So I picked up the playbook tonight. I forgot how great it is but I also remembered how lacking in the app department it is. But again having the z-10 has shown me how amazing the playbook will be when the new OS arrives along with the apps. Again I'm the glass is half full type fellow.
    06-16-13 06:36 AM
    That is exactly the reason I quit Apple. They kept forgetting about one-year-old devices with no consideration for keeping ALL its clients satisfied. Sure hope BB doesn't. Make the same mistake....

As a PlayBook owner I want bb10 on it, however, it is not a must have, I would be fine using the current OS. From a business point of view it would make more sense for BlackBerry to launch a new tablet with bb10. Its what everybody else does to make you purchase new hardware. I would purchase a new tablet if it was released, as would many PlayBook owners.
    06-16-13 06:39 AM
    kaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......em errr i mean bridge
    06-16-13 07:10 AM
1,583 12345 ...