Blackberry has not been silent, they have not said a lot but they have not been silent.

We all know Thorston Heins said Blackberry 10 will be on all playbooks by the end of the year, he more recently said that their tablet plans have not changed. If we take those 2 statements in mind with the FACT that the playbooks resolution has been re added to the 10.2 SDK (was removed in 10.1) 1024x600 its pretty clear looking at all three of these statments that its only a matter of time before we have 10.2 in one shape or form on our little black workhorses.

Blackberry has not been entirely silent on the issue, but they have also not said a lot at the same time. you just have to have ears to hear and know where to look.

Keep your eyes peeled there is a lot of good stuff happening in the meantime.

and please please please stop all the blackberry are liars posts cause it simply is not true
    06-15-13 09:29 AM
    Really????????????
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1371307232206.jpg  
    06-15-13 09:40 AM
    I believe it will come, but I also understand that most resources are going into their handsets right now. I would too! And they are trying to be careful about giving us a time line, knowing that they are really bad at fullfilling those "promises". It's coming, just don't know when.
    06-15-13 10:42 AM
    Blackberry has not been silent, they have not said a lot but they have not been silent.

We all know Thorston Heins said Blackberry 10 will be on all playbooks by the end of the year, he more recently said that their tablet plans have not changed. If we take those 2 statements in mind with the FACT that the playbooks resolution has been re added to the 10.2 SDK (was removed in 10.1) 1024x600 its pretty clear looking at all three of these statments that its only a matter of time before we have 10.2 in one shape or form on our little black workhorses.

Blackberry has not been entirely silent on the issue, but they have also not said a lot at the same time. you just have to have ears to hear and know where to look.

and please please please stop all the blackberry are liars posts cause it simply is not true
    Ok Mr Fish I respect you so I'll fall for it. Will santa bring it, the easter bunny or the tooth fairy?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:48 AM
    On second thought.
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 Not on PlayBook Chat Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1371311312808.jpg  
    06-15-13 10:49 AM
    As a PlayBook owner I want bb10 on it, however, it is not a must have, I would be fine using the current OS. From a business point of view it would make more sense for BlackBerry to launch a new tablet with bb10. Its what everybody else does to make you purchase new hardware. I would purchase a new tablet if it was released, as would many PlayBook owners.
    06-15-13 10:56 AM
    Honestly, I find the silence quite deafening. This is not some new product waiting in the wings to be sprung on an unsuspecting world. It's an upgrade of a two year old product, that is so far behind what was originally promised and or implied, that virtually none of us would have purchased it had we known in advance what we were in for. We were told that PlayBook was in essence BB10 and we were told that from the start. We purchased our PlayBooks as statement of support for a company that we believed in. Hell, when we bought them they didn't even do e-mail properly. A fact which continues to boggle the mind since it was one of the largest technological kick me signs ever devised.

I can think of no good reason for BlackBerry's laconism on the PlayBook. A target date needs to exist for an upgrade and this date needs to be known by BlackBerry's customers. At present, we sit here watching BB10 apps go by that we cannot run, while the number of apps being developed for the PlayBook are understandably abysmal. I wouldn't develop an app for the PlayBook either. We don't need to have a full blown BB10 experience on our two year old, never reached their potential tablets. We can certainly exist without the hub, since we existed without e-mail, sans Bridge. What we do need, is the BB10 keyboard that doesn't sit and ponder the meaning of life prior to finally spitting out words long forgotten. We need to retain our version of Bridge and its functionality. The ability to run current BB10 apps, therefore Cascades. The updated BB10 browser and the new Jellybean version of Android. That's it.

I think any PlayBook owner would be ecstatic if they woke up to find those long promised features were but an upgrade away. We've been waiting a very long time and we haven't been acknowledged as even existing. The two year anniversary is fast approaching for BB7 users. Those of us that voted BlackBerry with our wallets are looking to upgrade in the next two to three months. Continued silence from BlackBerry is not going to get us to re-elect BlackBerry this time around. I purchased my PlayBook to co-exist with my 9900. My 9900 is about to be passed down and I'm getting a new phone. I don't see my PlayBook in its current form co-existing with a Z10, Q10, or even an A10. That means that the reasons for staying in the BlackBerry environment are less than before. I find myself sideloading more and more Android apps on my PlayBook. If those apps existed in BlackBerry World, I would be much happier to load the BB10 versions than to go searching for Android Apks, converting them and then testing them on my PlayBook. With each Android app I load, and with each additional day that BlackBerry doesn't provide any information on what, if anything, they are doing with the PlayBook, I find myself looking more and more in the Android direction.

I would fully understand if BlackBerry decided to cut their losses with PlayBook and stop all further development and upgrades. They have that right, but as a long time BlackBerry customer, I have the right to know that. I could then make an informed decision on whether to cut MY losses. What I am saying is that the silence is no longer tolerable and that I am making my decision soon. I am sure that many others are as well. The current lack of information from BlackBerry does not instill confidence, since it makes no sense. If they were updating the PlayBook, what reason could they possibly have for not telling us about it? They leak like a proverbial sieve for everything else.
    06-15-13 11:07 AM
    Oh, for goodness sake. There's nothing wrong with the way it runs as it is. LEAVE IT, LEAVE IT, PLEASE. I'll set my gorilla on ya.
    06-15-13 11:08 AM
    Oh, for goodness sake. There's nothing wrong with the way it runs as it is. LEAVE IT, LEAVE IT, PLEASE. I'll set my gorilla on ya.
    Please explain the other post to me Mr Gorilla. I'm out on my crappy Z10 and that post was 17.5 pages long!

Posted via CB10
    dangerousfen and Cynycl like this.
    06-15-13 11:11 AM
    Just do not update then! It's like runnung around and telling hungry people you just ate and are happy. Do not wonder if you get angry eyes looking at you...
    06-15-13 11:12 AM
    Please explain the other post to me Mr Gorilla. I'm out on my crappy Z10 and that post was 17.5 pages long!

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about it, its all been said before. About a trillion times, so nowt new there.

Don't like the Z10 then mate?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 11:15 AM

When did Heins say tablet plans have not changed?
    jcsf123 and JeepBB like this.
    06-15-13 11:32 AM
    Don't worry about it, its all been said before. About a trillion times, so nowt new there.

Don't like the Z10 then mate?
    Ok I trust you so situation normal then?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:40 AM
    Ok I trust you so situation normal then?

Posted via CB10
    Yep........
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 11:45 AM
    As a PlayBook owner I want bb10 on it, however, it is not a must have, I would be fine using the current OS. From a business point of view it would make more sense for BlackBerry to launch a new tablet with bb10. Its what everybody else does to make you purchase new hardware. I would purchase a new tablet if it was released, as would many PlayBook owners.
    LOL they can't deliver for the 'old' tablet and you really think they should build a new tablet. Here's an idea ...why don't they fix the problems with the 'old' tablet.....from a business point of view ....i would suspect that 2 million + owners of playbook would just be happy with some sense of guidance or maybe 'leadership' quick cue the music...fat lady is warming up.......
    sad_old_man and mbilloo like this.
    06-15-13 01:20 PM
    I no longer give a 'Fiddlers ****' of when or if it comes...
    06-15-13 01:25 PM
    Lies, damned lies.
    sad_old_man and mbilloo like this.
    06-15-13 01:27 PM
    Too late...i've already cheated on her

Are you a foodie? Do you like to cook? Talk food recipes and kitchen gadgets on CBFN:C0004E653 - The official channel for ChefBigFella.com
    sad_old_man, meyerink and mbilloo like this.
    06-15-13 01:42 PM
    ?

sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 01:59 PM
    OP:
    Calm down Everyone BB10 is coming to playbook
    06-15-13 02:22 PM
    I was going to get a z10 but I am tired of waiting for playbook updates, I have two, so there is a sale on Gal S3 so I got one yesterday. Why make a statement in Jan/Feb your going to have this great operating system but it will be out 10 months later but if you buy a Z10 you can get it right away. I do like BB, and maybe in two years I'll get another on when BB10 is finally out. BB has to do better.
    sad_old_man, netwerks1 and mbilloo like this.
    06-15-13 02:24 PM
    Really,, I have two and want them both to do what they were intended to do from launch. If and when BB10 comes to the current configuration of PB's I am sure most to all of us will be happy. But in no way would a new tablet with BB10 on it make me move to purchase it given the investment I've made in BBRY to this point in time with phones and PB's.
    mbilloo, Nonocrack and norm3206 like this.
    06-15-13 02:33 PM
    ?

It would seem that you have awoken the monster again?
    06-15-13 02:46 PM
    It would seem that you have awoken the monster again?
    if the monster is james earl jones then bring it on. I dont think too many people can say the same
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 03:07 PM
    Honestly, I find the silence quite deafening. This is not some new product waiting in the wings to be sprung on an unsuspecting world. It's an upgrade of a two year old product, that is so far behind what was originally promised and or implied, that virtually none of us would have purchased it had we known in advance what we were in for. We were told that PlayBook was in essence BB10 and we were told that from the start. We purchased our PlayBooks as statement of support for a company that we believed in. Hell, when we bought them they didn't even do e-mail properly. A fact which continues to boggle the mind since it was one of the largest technological kick me signs ever devised.

I can think of no good reason for BlackBerry's laconism on the PlayBook. A target date needs to exist for an upgrade and this date needs to be known by BlackBerry's customers. At present, we sit here watching BB10 apps go by that we cannot run, while the number of apps being developed for the PlayBook are understandably abysmal. I wouldn't develop an app for the PlayBook either. We don't need to have a full blown BB10 experience on our two year old, never reached their potential tablets. We can certainly exist without the hub, since we existed without e-mail, sans Bridge. What we do need, is the BB10 keyboard that doesn't sit and ponder the meaning of life prior to finally spitting out words long forgotten. We need to retain our version of Bridge and its functionality. The ability to run current BB10 apps, therefore Cascades. The updated BB10 browser and the new Jellybean version of Android. That's it.

I think any PlayBook owner would be ecstatic if they woke up to find those long promised features were but an upgrade away. We've been waiting a very long time and we haven't been acknowledged as even existing. The two year anniversary is fast approaching for BB7 users. Those of us that voted BlackBerry with our wallets are looking to upgrade in the next two to three months. Continued silence from BlackBerry is not going to get us to re-elect BlackBerry this time around. I purchased my PlayBook to co-exist with my 9900. My 9900 is about to be passed down and I'm getting a new phone. I don't see my PlayBook in its current form co-existing with a Z10, Q10, or even an A10. That means that the reasons for staying in the BlackBerry environment are less than before. I find myself sideloading more and more Android apps on my PlayBook. If those apps existed in BlackBerry World, I would be much happier to load the BB10 versions than to go searching for Android Apks, converting them and then testing them on my PlayBook. With each Android app I load, and with each additional day that BlackBerry doesn't provide any information on what, if anything, they are doing with the PlayBook, I find myself looking more and more in the Android direction.

I would fully understand if BlackBerry decided to cut their losses with PlayBook and stop all further development and upgrades. They have that right, but as a long time BlackBerry customer, I have the right to know that. I could then make an informed decision on whether to cut MY losses. What I am saying is that the silence is no longer tolerable and that I am making my decision soon. I am sure that many others are as well. The current lack of information from BlackBerry does not instill confidence, since it makes no sense. If they were updating the PlayBook, what reason could they possibly have for not telling us about it? They leak like a proverbial sieve for everything else.

Who let you in here?....come on...you make far too much sense to be posting here...You are obviously an intelligent person ( I can tell that from your post ( i can't really..I just infer that because i agree with you).....I read, all of it . unlike some (S_O_M))
    06-15-13 03:15 PM
1,583 123 ...