Blackberry mugging | police, vehicle, victim - Local News - Odessa American Online

Blackberry mugging

December 15, 2009 3:48 PM

ODESSA AMERICAN

A Lubbock man was assaulted and robbed of his cell phone Monday morning at the intersection of JBS Parkway and University Boulevard in Odessa, police said.
    The victim told police a group of men pulled up next to his vehicle and began cursing and throwing things at him. Once the man exited his vehicle, his assailants attacked him and took his $400 BlackBerry.
    The victim sustained only minor injuries and refused medical assistance, police records show.
    Police said they have identified at least one suspect and are still investigating the incident.
    12-16-09 04:49 PM
    Wow all for $400 split (2)+ ways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 04:53 PM
    Freaking low-life's with nothing to do=bad decisions.
    12-16-09 05:12 PM
    Just a guess, but I'd bet it was road rage gone too far, the bb was probably a bonus.. Seriously, if a "group" of men were throwing things at your car, would you get out???? So you could get your a$$ kicked by them??? I realize I don't know the whole story, but the victim couldve driven away and none of it wouldve happened, or at least stay in the car and call for help on the bb..Just my two cents..

12-16-09 05:27 PM
    Just a guess, but I'd bet it was road rage gone too far, the bb was probably a bonus.. Seriously, if a "group" of men were throwing things at your car, would you get out???? So you could get your a$$ kicked by them??? I realize I don't know the whole story, but the victim couldve driven away and none of it wouldve happened, or at least stay in the car and call for help on the bb..Just my two cents..

I'm with you If someone was throwing stuff at my car and yelling at me, I wouldn't be getting out of the car to bury the hatchet
    12-16-09 09:48 PM
    The joke is on them. They'll on these forums soon finding out what to do when your BB needs a battery pull.

12-17-09 01:13 AM
    My favorite cell phone mugging story was of the guy who mugged a lady for her iPhone. She described him to police and after that she logged on to her email from her PC and noticed a sent message on her server that she didn't send. Turns out the mugger used her phone to take a pic of himself and then actually use her email address on her phone to send it to himself. I'm sure you know the rest...
    12-17-09 01:22 AM
    it would be in lubbock... people these days..
    12-17-09 01:24 AM
    I'm with you If someone was throwing stuff at my car and yelling at me, I wouldn't be getting out of the car to bury the hatchet
    +1 I would not be getting out.

12-17-09 02:41 AM
    it would be in lubbock... people these days..
    A Lubbock man in Odessa.

It's ghetto'er here.
    12-17-09 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD