So I got a 2hr there and 2hr back drive with some coworkers whoms closest age to me is 45 I'm 20 and let's just hope my bb can keep me occupied for that time... Wish me luck CB nation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 07:17 AM
    How about talking to them? There's a good chance that they've been in the business longer than you; perhaps you can learn something from them? If not about your job, then life in general.
    I'm 24, and always view talking to older folk as a possibility for learning, from either their mistakes or experience. I personally find it very na�ve when younger people view associating with older people as "boring."

04-07-09 12:43 PM
    I actually enjoy talking to older people.

Normally they have more to say, since they've lived longer.

Not saying, I dislike talking to people my age (21)-

But I normally find people my age to be relatively irksome.

I'm sure if you at least try opening up to them, you'll enjoy your ride far more than if you just had your nose in your berry the whole time.
    04-07-09 12:47 PM
    I actually enjoy talking to older people.

Normally they have more to say, since they've lived longer.

Not saying, I dislike talking to people my age (21)-

But I normally find people my age to be relatively irksome.

I'm sure if you at least try opening up to them, you'll enjoy your ride far more than if you just had your nose in your berry the whole time.
    Think of it as a good time to connect with your co-workers. Ask them cool questions like:

"Where were you when Kennedy was assasinated?"
    and
    "What was the great depression like?"

if all else fail, stick your headphones in and watch youp0rn

also a great time for them to expand their knowledge about issue facing the younger set today.....such as new stds and what it means to "make it clap" (*edit...if anyone knows this last one, Im all ears)
    Last edited by jenniferrichalle; 04-07-09 at 12:56 PM.
    04-07-09 12:52 PM
    if all else fail, stick your headphones in and watch youp0rn
    LOL

Keep that as plan B
    04-07-09 12:54 PM
    Ask them what their favorite dinosaur was up close. Ask them if it was cool getting to meet moses. Old aren't entirely useless, just be careful, they may end up telling you the same story a hundred or so times.

Hope this helps

04-07-09 01:22 PM
    Such disrespect... This is the problem with young people today, no role models. You know back in my day...

Lol, old people are awesome. They're the only people I know that can drive on the wrong side of the road, get pulled over, and get off with out a ticket. Nothing wrong with 45... Heck we have 50 year olds that still hit the bars everynight where I work I'm 21 and I'd be more likely to hang out with the older guys, over the younger ones.
    04-07-09 01:51 PM
    If someone is hitting the bar every night at 50 then they have a drinking problem.

Hope this helps

04-07-09 03:12 PM
    If someone is hitting the bar every night at 50 then they have a drinking problem.
    Yup might be a drinking problem, that or their the bartender or they have one heck of a pick up line that works!
    04-07-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD