I love love love Fresh and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.

I'm at Sephora at least once a week... and they might know me by name...

Ok, they do.
    08-02-08 12:05 AM
    so i just went and bought the diorshow blackout mascara right before Macy's closed and Its nice mascara..
    i think i expect wayyy too much out of mascara
    so I doubt there will come a day that I am in complete shock over a mascara.

but they look pretty so all is good.
    thanks ladies
    08-02-08 12:29 AM
    so i just went and bought the diorshow blackout mascara right before Macy's closed and Its nice mascara..
    i think i expect wayyy too much out of mascara
    so I doubt there will come a day that I am in complete shock over a mascara.

but they look pretty so all is good.
    thanks ladies
    it's wonderful! i don't dish out a lot of $$ for mascara, but diorshow was worth it.
    08-02-08 12:50 AM
    Diorshow mascara ROCKS!

Love sephora and products of all kinds. I love my stila tinted moisturizer oil free...I live in hawaii and am constantly looking for THE perfect foundation that doesn't break me out, is decent in coverage and light. I am always switching. Fave perfume is escada sunset heat...kind of exotic. Love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 02:34 AM
    i love escada!

currently i'm wearing dolce & gabbana light blue. i also like vera wang princess
    08-02-08 02:51 AM
    Cate! I knew you'd show up in this thread eventually, just had a feeling! <3

Agreed about the price of mascara. If Diorshow wasn't worth it, I wouldn't spend the $27 a tube (or whatever it costs now) for it!

08-02-08 05:25 AM
    Me too! I am a junkie when it comes to beauty products! You should check out forums like makeuptalk.com and pursebuzz. I'm not into fashion much, but I love makeup and purses! For makeup, I love Urban Decay, especially their eye shadows. I also love shopping at Sephora, I would spend my paycheck there every week if I didn't have to worry about those pesky things like bills!

Hey a great tip for makeup and hair, search YouTube for eye shadow tutorials or hair tutorials. SO many good ideas and inspirations on there for when you get stuck in a rut doing the same hair style or makeup every day. Switch it up!

Urban Decay ROCKS! They really do have the best eyeshadow. Sephora and Ulta are my massive addictions.

I'm a makeup addict! sephora is like a candy store for me. As for hair products, I'm big on bed head products. After Party is my fave and I use it just about everyday..along with Pink Sugar Hair perfume. M.A.C lipglosses have always been my fave as well as their eyeshadows. Thet make two lipsticks that I alternate that I'm a slave to: "snob" and "pink nouveau." I could seriously go on forev about this type of stuff!

nice thread topic!
    MAC does have really nice lip glosses. But I am a Clinique snob. 75% of my stuff is from them. They have amazing glosses too.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is THE BEST!!!! I also swear by L'Oreal Voluminous mascara.

This is fun - I hope the thread keeps moving !

~Sheri

That's the mascara I use but after all this talk about Dior Mascara, I will have to go get some!
    08-02-08 06:04 AM
    Court - I'm a Clinique snob about what goes on my face. Perfectly Real makeup powder, pressed bronzing powder, and blush in Plum Gorgeous! The Slate eyeliner rocks too, as does the Bamboo lip liner and Butter Shine lip stick in Baby Baby. =) My friend dragged me to a Clinique event and scheduled me a consultation. I'm now addicted!

08-02-08 06:31 AM
    I forgot to mention..
    I am beyond addicted to Chanel nail colour.
    its ridiculous...I have been on waiting lists for months for certain colors. After using Chanel for the last year or so I can never ever everrrrrrrrr go back to anything else.
    why??
    because Chanel is the only brand that has a cement like hardner in it. I forget the name of it but my mom is a nail tech and read the ingredients. we compared them to OPI, Essie, and other good brands and figured out what really sets Chanel apart. The only downside is that they don't have many colors and then when you do find a color you have to be put on waiting list! ugh!
    Luckily they now always carry one of my faves [black satin] so I don't have to wait anymore!
    if you guys get a chance though, you must try it because it's brilliant!
    08-02-08 06:34 AM
    Court - I'm a Clinique snob about what goes on my face. Perfectly Real makeup powder, pressed bronzing powder, and blush in Plum Gorgeous! The Slate eyeliner rocks too, as does the Bamboo lip liner and Butter Shine lip stick in Baby Baby. =) My friend dragged me to a Clinique event and scheduled me a consultation. I'm now addicted!

That's pretty much what happened to me! My friend had an internship with them and she made me get one and I have been hooked! And their perfume, Happy Heart, is to die for! I have to get more! But right now I have some Christian Dior stuff.
    08-02-08 06:35 AM
    I forgot to mention..
    I am beyond addicted to Chanel nail colour.
    its ridiculous...I have been on waiting lists for months for certain colors. After using Chanel for the last year or so I can never ever everrrrrrrrr go back to anything else.
    why??
    because Chanel is the only brand that has a cement like hardner in it. I forget the name of it but my mom is a nail tech and read the ingredients. we compared them to OPI, Essie, and other good brands and figured out what really sets Chanel apart. The only downside is that they don't have many colors and then when you do find a color you have to be put on waiting list! ugh!
    Luckily they now always carry one of my faves [black satin] so I don't have to wait anymore!
    if you guys get a chance though, you must try it because it's brilliant!
    I may like them if the salon I went to carried it! I never do my own nails. I am too big of a ****** to even paint them. Until then, I will just have to love OPI.
    08-02-08 06:36 AM

I have really wanted to try more of clinique's line but sadly can't find many fun colors. I really do like their foundations though, the dewy smooth one makes my skin look lush and super hydrated.
    08-02-08 06:37 AM
    I may like them if the salon I went to carried it! I never do my own nails. I am too big of a ****** to even paint them. Until then, I will just have to love OPI.

I'm one of those people who cannot go to a nail salon because all I do is find something wrong with how they paint my nails...lol
    so I do them at home and save myself a ton. Unfortunately, its prob one of the only things I can do on my own without messing up!

OPI sure has some pretty colors though..and very funny names too!!
    08-02-08 06:40 AM
    Clinique has greatly improved their eyeshadow colors actually. I have a duo I love love love! Beach Plum. Really pretty purple and gold with shimmer.

08-02-08 06:45 AM
    I have really wanted to try more of clinique's line but sadly can't find many fun colors. I really do like their foundations though, the dewy smooth one makes my skin look lush and super hydrated.
    if you catch them in the summer they have some really pretty gold shades. i used to be into really bright colors but i am using more and more earth tones.

I'm one of those people who cannot go to a nail salon because all I do is find something wrong with how they paint my nails...lol
    so I do them at home and save myself a ton. Unfortunately, its prob one of the only things I can do on my own without messing up!

OPI sure has some pretty colors though..and very funny names too!!
    they had a shade of red that was my favorite for a long time called "i'm not really a waitress". cracked me the eff up! but i get gel nails done. my friend and her husband own the salon and the people there know i am friends with them so they are always perfect and i really do get spoiled there. i guess i really lucked out!
    08-02-08 06:47 AM
    if you catch them in the summer they have some really pretty gold shades. i used to be into really bright colors but i am using more and more earth tones.

they had a shade of red that was my favorite for a long time called "i'm not really a waitress". cracked me the eff up! but i get gel nails done. my friend and her husband own the salon and the people there know i am friends with them so they are always perfect and i really do get spoiled there. i guess i really lucked out!

That color won an award in allure when it came out, ppl absolutely loved it! I wish I could pull off red...
    As for cliniques shadows I will have to go back and check them out very soon!

god I can't believe I am still up! I have a 4 hour ink session in 6 hours..
    crazy little me!
    I can't help it though, this thread is a great one [[:
    Last edited by so_very_sexpensive; 08-02-08 at 06:52 AM.
    08-02-08 06:50 AM
    I think I might have started my best thread ever, haha.

I own "I'm Not Really a Waitress" and it totally was my winter color before I got solar nails addicted. Don't worry, I have the French pedi to match, haha.

08-02-08 07:07 AM
    My secret for looking good is yoga and lots of water!

Last edited by chrisy520; 08-02-08 at 08:29 AM.
    08-02-08 07:12 AM
    Water is big. ^^^

Huge difference in my skin since I started drinking more water.

08-02-08 07:44 AM
    I think I might have started my best thread ever, haha.

I own "I'm Not Really a Waitress" and it totally was my winter color before I got solar nails addicted. Don't worry, I have the French pedi to match, haha.

solar nails really that much better? i like gel because they are SO much stronger than acrylic

My secret for looking good is yoga and lots of water!

if i had time i would be all over yoga.

Water is big. ^^^

Huge difference in my skin since I started drinking more water.

i need to get better about drinking more water. i LOVE Fiji water
    08-02-08 08:31 AM
    Where I get the solar done, they actually do a gel top coat set under the UV lamp. I work on a freakin ambulance and they hold up!

08-02-08 09:50 AM
    wow. i guess i dont get how they do it or even what they look like. lol
    08-02-08 10:20 AM
    Basically they make a french manicure out of white and pink acrylic, then do a gel coat and bake the gel under UV to set it for strength.

08-02-08 10:32 AM
    Cate! I knew you'd show up in this thread eventually, just had a feeling! <3
    Kris, I'm here... and I just love when you have those feelings.

Oh, I also love: Tarte & Pop Beauty

Both brands decently priced for quality products.
    08-02-08 11:59 AM
    Kris, I'm here... and I just love when you have those feelings.

Oh, I also love: Tarte & Pop Beauty

Both brands decently priced for quality products.
    Awwww, haha.

I <3 Tarte! I got this awesome eye palette at Sephora! Price was amazing, came with a brush and two liners too.
    08-02-08 12:12 PM
141 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD