I can't edit my post! It won't work! Arg!

Thanks for the feedback
    04-23-08 02:58 PM
    If you replace the mobo you will get a new PIN and new device memory.

Not really nice- 2 hours in the Liverpool Metro Cathederal with a preist who'd been smoking something he shouldn't have! He was dancing and everything!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hello there mate, so do i need to check if my pins released etc? or do i just wait for a mobo to come up
    04-23-08 04:33 PM
    Wait for the mobo, mofo! (sorry, had to.)

I'm trying and failing start lookin' for a new mobo.
    04-23-08 04:54 PM
    I took my bb apart & the screen is attached to the motherboard. It didn't change my PIN or anything.
    04-23-08 09:30 PM
    Tadpole- did you replace the mainboard or just take it off and put it back on?

04-24-08 02:34 AM
    If you want to use the bb you have now Ryzo for email then check if the pin is released. If you are buying a new mobo ensure the pin has been released of that one. You will probably also need to purchase an orange branded or unlocked one & pay attention to what faults it has.

04-24-08 02:49 AM
    MoBos are hard to find for BlackBerrys

- ProMobility Wholesale - BlackBerry� - Product Details
    There's that but it requires soldering. I guess if you're gonna be getting a new MoBo that's worth a try- if you c0ck it up you're back here, 'need a new mobo'.
    04-24-08 03:28 AM
    I dont think id come across a mobo anytime soon, and i dont think id be up to the task of messing around with soldering (we have a bad history), looks like ill be sending her off for repair some point next month. Ah well.
    04-24-08 06:51 AM
    Ryzo, the way I am seeing it is that you have several choices:-

1. Repair the BB you have now which may take several weeks if you have to buy parts or whatever.

2. Buy a fully working BB of eBay ensuring the PIN has been released from the sellers blackberry account. Keep the one you have for spares or sell it.

3. Wait until your current contract ends and get a brand new bb for free on a new contract.

04-24-08 06:54 AM
    Hello Hazy, iv just been into my options and its giving me a PIN and IMEI number, is this good news? should this be reason to stick with the phone iv got ?
    04-24-08 06:59 AM
    Well that PIN MIGHT be tied to a BlackBerry email account. If it is, you can't use it.

I'm gonna go with Hazy and say wait it out for a new one. Brand spanking new 8110 or 8120.

Still lookin' on the eBay mate.

04-24-08 07:06 AM
    Would it be worth emailing the guy to see if he has registered the PIN number to an email address (would this be the correct terminology?) ?
    04-24-08 07:27 AM
    Ask him if the PIN has been released from his BIS account. He can do it online through his BIS settings account or call his carrier and have them do it.

04-24-08 07:57 AM
    will do that now mate, cheers
    04-24-08 07:58 AM
    Ask him if he used email on his BB and if so has he or will he get the pin released from his account. He will need to contact orange (if he was with orange) to do this.

You could use your current BB with the pin released if you can charge the battery and go without syncing, downloading & upgrading via desktop manager.

04-24-08 08:01 AM
    Tadpole- did you replace the mainboard or just take it off and put it back on?

No I just took it off & out it back on, sorry wasn't thinking about what I was saying<late night>
    04-24-08 08:23 AM
    No problem mate- just got me thinking whether the device stuff (knowing that it's an 8100, PIN, IMEI) was stored somewhere else.

Good point Hazy- you could charge using the rear contacts and use OTA downloads and if needed; a mobile ftp thing and ftp on your PC. Then when you get the new one you can put 4.5 on it (if it's not out already by the time you get it) and allow the 8100 to rot away or sell it to me (possbile, no promises).

04-24-08 08:35 AM
    Now if the pin is released, to get your email & internet on the BB you would need to buy a bb tariff from orange. Try and see if you can get one where you can transfer it to a new voice contract at a later date. The BB tariffs will be for a certain number of months so they may say that you have to extend your voice contract for the duration. You should however be able to transfer the sim to another BB if you get one & use the switch device wizard to transfer all settings etc. Check this out before you buy an orange tariff.

Do not buy a tariff until you have a working blackberry!

What have you been up to today Adlen?

04-24-08 09:46 AM
    Me- I've been with my brother all day. Went to the Bank of America complex where he works and we've been driving to Vik's and just doin' crap. Better than school and I'm glad I didn't go to town as it's raining.

Havin' fun at work?

04-24-08 09:49 AM
    Fun & work don't go together, at least not today!

Gotta get all my work cleared up cos we are having a bit of a do tomorrow for someone leaving. Should be a laugh.

04-24-08 10:09 AM
    Lol. Hope you have fun tomorow

It's very depressing here I'm at home now.

04-24-08 10:10 AM
    Morning.

Its Friday,Yay!!

04-25-08 03:01 AM
    TGIF!

Then again I wish it was Thursday/Saturday/Sunday.

04-25-08 04:53 AM
    Hi.

Saturday is just a few hours away now
    04-25-08 04:28 PM
    NO! NO! More Friday night = more time off!
    04-25-08 04:32 PM
1,205 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD